Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
So me and a friend were playing through and were in Hunters Edge and he comes across the rat king. The rat king tells us to tell the cat, who is protecting the hiding villagers from the rats, to stop killing the rats. My friend then convinces the cat to get to safety and thus the cat is no longer defending the humans from the rats looking for them.

He didn't realize this would result in the humans death.

He just straight up quit the game now( as in won't play it ever again) because the ratcatcher found them and killed them, even though he was trying to attack the ratcatcher multiple times, and it didn't stop him. (he doesn't want to load another save as that is scumsaving)

My friend believes this is C&C(Choice and consequence) bullshit and that it makes no sense that this would be the outcome. I don't see how it makes no sense.

He told the guardian of the humans(villagers) to leave, and the humans died, makes perfect sense to me.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Perlmutter; 28/07/14 01:19 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
It's one of those quests where both outcomes are quite sad, though I dare say that not convincing the cat is a bit less sad. But only a bit: I like cats.

J'aime le fromage.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
It wasn't completely obvious no, but he still should've seen that much coming.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Before the encounter with the Ratking, the npcs will tell you that the rats are being used to track down the hidden villagers. I assume that cat has told you the same thing.
So if you want to keep them save, you can either help the cat vs the rats or clear the path for the villagers so that they can escape through the teleporter.

Not sure what your friend expected to happen when he sided with the evil Ratking/Orks.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I had thought I put this in the OP, seems I didn't.

The rat king told him he would be indebted to him and that their friendship would pay off. He took this to mean that he could tell the cat to leave, and then ask the rat king to have his rats stop hunting the villagers, since the rat king apparently (I didn't really read their convo) told him he hated the orcs.

I agree with you personally though

veteran
veteran
But... then the Ratking wouldn't get his delicious Gouda he was after.
He didn't hate the orcs, just thought he was smarter than them (and humans).

So yes, your friend just misread or read something that isn't there. Shame to dump the game for that smirk

A
A
A rat that does not tell the whole truth? I am shocked, shocked, shocked.
Besides that, there is another way to deal with that:

Simply ask the humans or all-mother to deal with the prisoners, help them escape, they have the informations needed to safe the servants and after that the cat should be able to safe itself just fine
So, just trick the Ratking like he tried to trick you. At least that is my plan for my rogue party next time.

old hand
old hand
Valor Morg-Orcus - All Orcs must Die!

I chose the dialog to be merciful, then found the rat catcher, teleported his ass behind the tree and beat the bloody pulp of him. One less Orc to make those God-awful mating calls...

Quite the happy ending smile

And those two love birds, I resolved all their problems. They can now make love in HELL!

Last edited by LightningLockey; 28/07/14 10:05 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
addict
addict
That is some major butthurt about some pretty insignificant consequences. No offense.

The game did warn him that this could happen. In my playthrough I also told the cat to run of to safety, immediatly after that I saved Zandalor's servants, just to make sure that they survive.

Last edited by dlux; 28/07/14 11:00 PM.
S
S
Originally Posted by Vometia
It's one of those quests where both outcomes are quite sad

Why? I killed the Ratking, I convinced cat to leave, I saved servants. And then I ratted on Ratcatcher to Grutilda for being useless. And she killed him. All good guys live, all bad guys are dead. How is this sad?

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
The Rat King isn't a bad guy. He just really likes cheese.

Link Copied to Clipboard