stranger
stranger
G
Must I need 2 pyramids to perform this?

M
stranger
stranger
M
The key here is you must place teleporter pyramid on the floor. Now! you are free to throw it!!!

There is nothing in this room, only Terror Skillbook. Waste my time!

Last edited by mysterio; 15/07/14 01:41 PM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
Just posted this on steam community and figured I might as well give you guys a heads up too in case anyone else is still interested in getting into that area.

Not sure if anyone else has tried this yet but I got into that area by having one character walk towards the stairs to get hit and die. After that, I used a bloodstone to revive that character and that single character was able to get up the stairs. Way easier than trying to toss the pyramid but obviously it will cost you a bloodstone.

No idea what you're supposed to do once you get into that area though because like everyone else who's been up there, the only thing that is of any real value is the skill book.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
What about the two destroyable statues above the tomb that are named doors?

It looks as if you could interact with them but that does nothing

Last edited by Deste; 15/07/14 07:50 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
The only method that worked for me was that bloodstone trick. I have three by now, so I used one and got the skill book. On that note, how many do you actually have to use for plot/quests? Are you supposed to just burn a couple of them?

veteran
veteran
You Need no Stones (maybe on for frederic) for quests but you Need nearly all (use whereever you like) to open new gates in homestaed

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.
eleve #523843 20/07/14 12:27 AM
N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by eleve
Originally Posted by stabito
does this still work because I sat here for 30 minutes putting down the pyramid but it never worked I also tried throwing it with telekinesis 8 and my stupid guy would just run to the stairs instead of throwing it

It's the strength that makes it work. I just tried with all my characters and only the one with str=14 managed to throw the pyramid.

I think a combination of Strength and Telekinesis is the key here. I bumped my TK up to 6 on my main, which only has STR 5. I couldn't get it up there for anything. I moved my TK gear to Madora, with STR of 15 and a TK of 4. I had a TK and Str pot each ready to go but I didn't even need them; just toss it up and there it was.

Man, that was irritating. First thing I had to look up, getting up those stairs. I managed at first with Hot-N-Cold but it was annoying and required many quick loads. It is do-able, however.

Nice tip on the minion, though, for Perception. I used a Burning Eyes buff on my main to get to 10, then that worked fine. You could use scrolls too, if need be. Conveniently, once the footsteps show up, they're permanent.

Edited to add: There's a chest in there that popped a rather nice rare armor for Madora, too. Well worth the hassle ... she was due for an upgrade.

Edit 2 since there aren't any replies yet: I finally found a sextant and added it to Heartseeker. It bumped me up another 2 Per, so now my main is at Perception 12 with Light Step adding 2 for traps. Hmm, maybe I won't need to add points to it after all ...

Last edited by Nilt; 20/07/14 01:46 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Telekinesis doesn't matter. Drop the stone then take your toon with the highest STR to toss that thing up there past the top of the stairs. Simple.

mysterio #531448 29/07/14 09:15 AM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by mysterio
The key here is you must place teleporter pyramid on the floor. Now! you are free to throw it!!!

Yeah, it was the bit about first dropping it on the ground before throwing it that confounded me.

Originally Posted by mysterio
There is nothing in this room, only Terror Skillbook. Waste my time!

There's also a chest with some random gubbins, but it was there and needed to be explored, which was reason enough! laugh

J'aime le fromage.
B
stranger
stranger
B
I have the perception to follow the footsteps but still get bombed. What is the secret?

Aramintai #541559 10/08/14 04:06 PM
stranger
stranger
I tried a million times, I can't throw the pyramid there, I have high telekinesis 10+ but still can't do it. What am I missing?
Thanks for your help

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by derpsausage
Telekinesis doesn't matter. Drop the stone then take your toon with the highest STR to toss that thing up there past the top of the stairs. Simple.

Thanks!! I was finally able to do it! yay

S
stranger
stranger
S
Cast a spider and have it follow you. It reveals the orc footprint safe path through the area. There is two paths on either side. I guess the spiders have high perception

Aramintai #563265 19/02/15 10:58 AM
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Aramintai
Disregard all that - you don't need high telekenisis at all, lol. You just need to drop it and stand in a very specific spot:
[Linked Image]

Don't know about you, guys, but it seems to me that the stairs are just plain buggy, ot this method is wrong and you actually need to do smth else here. But anyways, problem fixed. Now I've only one secret that's bugging me - the one in the Silverglen tavern cellar.

Just to clear up:

It is basically what he says. The key is to stand in the right spot (not too close to the staircase). This will grant you vision of a small area atop of the stairs - you can always check this by scanning the area with one of your inventory items to see if you find a spot that is not "Path blocked". Then DROP one of your pyramids at your own foot and throw it from the floor and up there instead of from your inventory - apparently they will try to run to the location and drop the item if you "throw it" from your inventory (unless you have 6 in Telekinesis), but not if you throw it from the ground. You don't need telekinesis at all to throw it this way.

Last edited by Camavan; 19/02/15 11:06 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Frustrating that I'd already replied to this topic and repeated the solution, and got back into that same situation again the other day when I tried throwing it from my inventory and kept getting pwned. Argh!

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Fire ELemntals can see the footprints as well, someone probably

C
C
What I don't get is how you even get to that sweet spot at the foot of the stairs. There are no foot prints leading there after all.

cossayos #563298 20/02/15 04:10 AM
Support
Support

Anywhere in the middle of the stairs there should work. It isn't that specific a spot, that I recall.

Raze #563322 20/02/15 10:40 AM
C
C
But I don't see how you can even get to the bottom of the stairs in question without being shockfrozen. The footprints lead to the other stair where the watchmen are waiting and it's a long way from there to the other staircase.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
You don't need to stand right at the bottom; just stand on the footprints, drop the pyramid on the floor then fling it up the stairs.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard