Next Thread
Print Thread
D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Hi all,

My art book arrived today (I live in California). Wanted to share in case others are waiting on theirs. Word of warning - Larian are shipping them in essentially paper envelopes, so damage is likely. My has some pretty bruised corners and dents along the edges. It's kinda crappy looking, so I might just flog it on eBay. I am very compulsive about stuff like this, so hopefully it'll make someone else happier!

Included some pics.

http://imgur.com/MoI3tdV

http://imgur.com/nFPeOiO

http://imgur.com/sklOxq5

http://imgur.com/x2ibTSF

As a side, I totally understand why Larian are not gonna do any more physical rewards. Makes me sad, as I'm an old school Origin Systems kinda-guy, but the goodies for D:OS have been a little rubbishy. I don't regret my $150 pledge as the game is fantastic, but I do hope that InXile and Obsidian are able to pull off the physical stuff a little more effectively.

The Dude abides.
addict
addict
How much do you want for it? We could work out a deal through Paypal.

Normal envelopes? Not even a layer of bubble plastic? That's not very smart.
I dunno who's responsible for packaging that stuff, but when you send something halfway across the globe, one might expect that it will take a beating.

Sloppy, Larian. Very sloppy.

I feel your pain. Perhaps you can get a new one if you email Larian about it?

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Gotcha!
I dunno who's responsible for packaging that stuff, but when you send something halfway across the globe, one might expect that it will take a beating.

I've taken your advice and reached out to them. Not holding my breath, and I certainly do not expect them to offer a replacement. I do not feel that they owe me anything.

::EDIT:: I feel I should clarify - there was a layer of bubble wrap (you can just about see it in the fourth picture), but it's extremely thin, and clearly did not protect against the trials and tribulations that the book went through in getting here. ::EDIT::

Originally Posted by Jito463
How much do you want for it? We could work out a deal through Paypal.

Let me figure out if Larian would be willing to swap it. I've offered to send the damaged one back (show of good faith). If they can't help, I'd be happy to work something out with you!

thankyou

Last edited by dancingcrab; 28/07/14 11:41 PM.

The Dude abides.
addict
addict
I'd definitely try to get a replacment. That damage is simply unacceptable.

veteran
veteran
That sucks; that's pretty dinged up. Seeing as it's over a month late now, I fear for the condition of my CE if/when it finally arrives from its sightseeing trip around the world.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
That sucks. It wouldn't really bother me, but I can see how it would matter a lot to a collector.

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by dirigible
That sucks. It wouldn't really bother me, but I can see how it would matter a lot to a collector.

Yeah, I hear that. Trying to not be unreasonable about it. Honestly, it's more damaged than the pics show, as I only focused on one of the corners (the top spine-corner is also bust). But it's also only a trinket, so no big deal.

Will post with Larian's response.

The Dude abides.
A
A
Originally Posted by dancingcrab
Originally Posted by Gotcha!

I've taken your advice and reached out to them. Not holding my breath, and I certainly do not expect them to offer a replacement. I do not feel that they owe me anything.

::EDIT:: I feel I should clarify - there was a layer of bubble wrap (you can just about see it in the fourth picture), but it's extremely thin, and clearly did not protect against the trials and tribulations that the book went through in getting here. ::EDIT::

If it was bubble wrapped it was at least not really sloppy and as it was the first time for them to deal themselves with packaging (and most likely the last time as well, they hated it even more than doing it with publishers together) it is at least understandable why they chose to not use more protection for sending out their stuff.

At the same time they are most likely bound the EU law even when sending the stuff to california and that means that you would be indeed entitled to a replacement. The main issue here would be that they maybe have none and that you most likely do not want a refund.
*shrugs*
Second issue might be that US law applies and all special consumer disadvantages from kickstarter. In that case, it entirely up to good will of larian, but even than it most likely comes down to: Do they have any spare books.

Either case, good luck with your replacement, hopefully they have planned in advanced for a few mail disasters, they simply happen sometimes.

D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Larian wrote back and said they'll help me when everyone's back in the office on 4th August. Forgot that they're all on a well deserved break!

The Dude abides.
D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Hi, just rezzing this to report that Larian did indeed write back and are offering a replacement. They're such a good bunch of people!

The Dude abides.
Nice! That's very decent of them. smile

G
stranger
stranger
G
Who did you write dancingcrab? I just received my art book damaged as well, if they're offering replacements I'd like to ask them to exchange mine too.

Support
Support

Email kickstarter@larian.com, or support@larian.com.

Link Copied to Clipboard