D
There was a missing DLL error, try the latest version,
mEdit_alpha1_v3.zip

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xggb2364417f4/MooseEdit

K
stranger
stranger
K
It works fine now, good job and thank you !

Btw I just noticed a very minor problem : the editor can't properly load a save which has special/foreign characters in its name, like "é" in my case.
The editor actually find the save, but won't load it and crash.
Anyway, it's really not a huge issue, I only had to change my save's name smile.

Edit : Well, it seems the editor can't load my characters inventory... I can see the stats but the inventory is blank.
It says "failed to load Atlas" and "failed to load inventory image" when I load my saves.

Last edited by Kurtys; 28/07/14 04:45 PM.
Kurtys #530866 28/07/14 04:55 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Is it just icons that are missing? Does everything else work?
i.e., can you still edit stuff?

The icon info it extracts to the temp directory, you can check your %temp% folder and see if there is an icons.dds file there. If there isn't, something went wrong with the extraction process... you could just find the icons.dds file from the Textures.pak pak file and place it in the %temp% folder yourself as a workaround until I can investigate what happened. There should be an icons.lsx (or a name similar to this) file too.

Last edited by Dairymoose; 28/07/14 05:05 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
I don't really know what it's supposed to look like when it works, but the inventory is just blank, there's nothing but white. And my equiped stuff doesn't appear too.

Here's a screenshot : http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/699462Capture.png

Last edited by Kurtys; 28/07/14 05:41 PM.
Kurtys #531040 28/07/14 05:40 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Until I get a chance to look into this, the only thing I can suggest is to check your temp folder,
default C:\Users\<Username Here>\AppData\Local\Temp
and see if there is an icons.dds and icons.lsx file. If they're not there, that would be why the icons are failing to load. Normally those files are extracted to this location.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I do have "icons.dds" and "icons.lsx" in my Temp directory.

Last edited by Kurtys; 28/07/14 05:43 PM.
Kurtys #531046 28/07/14 05:47 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Actually, ugh, it is a case of even more missing DLLs, let me go and upload a v4...

D
OP Offline
D
There's an alpha1_v4 version uploaded now, hopefully this includes all necessary DLLs... same URL as before.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xggb2364417f4/MooseEdit

Last edited by Dairymoose; 28/07/14 06:20 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
It works like a charm now, everything is loading.
I'll give it a try now, good job again and keep up the good work on your editor, you're amazing smile

Edit : I don't know if it's normal or not, but my equiped stuff still doesn't appear, but it's not a huge disagreement, just need to unequip IG before editing.

Edit2 : Nothing is happening when I click on "Add item" too, but I'm still able to modify existing items (I guess?) so I'm just gonna use junk items to create new things for now. Nah, better not change an item into another one, the game doesn't like it at all.

Last edited by Kurtys; 28/07/14 07:20 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
When I load the .exe it complains about not being able to find registry entries but loads after I hit "Ok".
I had tried to load a few savegames but every time I click "Load" the program crashes after about 5 seconds.

Kurtys #531105 28/07/14 08:24 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Equipped items aren't implemented yet, so that's normal.

Add item isn't implemented yet either.

As for the load game crashes, I have an example of a file that isn't working and I will look into it when I get a chance.

M
stranger
stranger
M
What do you mean by "do not modify abilities permboost?" Do you mean those +con +speed +sneek stuff? Can we modify resistances or HP boost?

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by moredrowsy
What do you mean by "do not modify abilities permboost?" Do you mean those +con +speed +sneek stuff? Can we modify resistances or HP boost?

Every generated item has an existing PermBoost called "Abilities" that is exposed by the editor. It is there by default whether or not the item has any permanent boosts on it. I am not sure what it does yet and modifying it may cause problems. You can still add/remove stats; this has no bearing on modifications to the item itself. I may just hide this "Abilities" attribute until I can figure out what its purpose is.

D
OP Offline
D
I updated it to a new version and fixed the crash bug that I was seeing. New version is up as "alpha2". I didn't look into the unicode character issue yet so that crash may still exist.

Also, the previous release was a debug build and was very large. New version is the release build which is much smaller and a bit faster.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xggb2364417f4

Edit: I broke the mods view in alpha2: you could still see mods but the table did not list the mod bonuses. This has been corrected in alpha3. Also fixed path resolution for save game folder.

It would be useful if we could compile a list of PermBoosts that don't work so that they can be removed from the list.

Last edited by Dairymoose; 29/07/14 03:14 AM.
stranger
stranger
Hi Dairymoose - am in the same boat as another poster (have lost an item) so eager to try this out, however I'm also getting missing DLL errors for libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll - have downloaded the latest alpha 3 version, and it doesn't appear to contain this dll anywhere in the zip.

K
stranger
stranger
K
@SoulsCollective

I have Alpha3 working as of now. Download 1_4.zip and open it in the .zip. There is libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll in it. You can just drag that .dll file and drop it in Alpha3 folder. It works fine from there. I think he forgot to add this .dll file each time or something, I dunno. Just consider it a work-around solution.

D
OP Offline
D
I made a new alpha4 version. I fixed some various small issues with the previous version. Updated the tooltip display slightly to be more accurate.
A new feature has been added: upon selecting a base item, the item template/icon will automatically be resolved if it exists (if no such template exists for this item, it will keep the template as-is).
Icon button still does not work and I may remove it in a future release. The "icon" is actually the item template and it is much more important than just the icon. It controls the item type (consumable/equippable/etc), icon, 3d visuals, etc.

I also added the missing DLL to the zip.

Elyott #531378 29/07/14 05:35 AM
S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi Dairymoose,

Great work so far on the editor.

I had a question regarding skillbooks. The 'add item' is not implemented yet however I presume I can modify lets say an existing item and select base item: 'Barrage skillbook' and have that item teach barrage etc?

Also out of curiosity where does one modify weapon damage or is that locked to the base item type?

I am really looking for 2 functions, being able to do a total respec (talents,abilities,stats at any stage in the game and being able to create those pesky missing skillbooks.

Thanks.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Hi Dairymoose,
Great work so far, I just tested yesterday.
The trainer crashed when I change the power level of an item from 10/20 to 100
The trainer crashed when I add invalid ability. eg : I add large weapon for small weapon, mall for plate...
The trainer crashed when I change base item or change it to legendary

K
stranger
stranger
K
@Dairymoose,
Great work so far with the inventory editor laugh. I got to ask you though, would you be able to add a function to duplicate the items? Exact properties and all?

Page 6 of 33 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard