Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 33 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 32 33
Joined: Jul 2014
H
stranger
Offline
stranger
H
Joined: Jul 2014
Iエve got the same issue like Genus:
"When I load the .exe it complains about not being able to find registry entries but loads after I hit "Ok". I had tried to load a few savegames but every time I click "Load" the program crashes after about 5 seconds."

After starting the mooseedit.exe i get the message "Failed to open registry key:2"

Any suggestions would be great! Thx smile

Joined: Jul 2014
N
stranger
Offline
stranger
N
Joined: Jul 2014
@HerrRuin: Did u choose the right folder?
choose profile folder which contain your save data
choose your game data folder which is in your game directory (not the save data)

Joined: Jul 2014
D
member
OP Offline
member
D
Joined: Jul 2014
Originally Posted by No alpha beta
Hi Dairymoose,
Great work so far, I just tested yesterday.
The trainer crashed when I change the power level of an item from 10/20 to 100
The trainer crashed when I add invalid ability. eg : I add large weapon for small weapon, mall for plate...
The trainer crashed when I change base item or change it to legendary


I've never had any of these happen. Could you get me a copy of your Globals.lsb file that is causing these crashes? I will look into it when I get a chance.
Also please describe the exact item and the changes to this item, which can cause a crash.
I'd tried all these things before in my own saves and had no issues. Tried adding an item around level 1 million, worked fine. Not sure what you mean by adding an invalid ability. And I have changed base items before and never had any issues with it.


Regarding item duplicates... I don't plan to add this specific feature but I do want to add item import/export which should be able to handle this functionality.

Yes you can modify weapon damage but I believe it is only on a percent-damage basis. There is a permament boost called "DamageBoost" which you can add that you specify as a percent-increase to damage. For example, DamageBoost = 100 is a 100% damage boost, so the item does 2x damage.

And finally, yes, I plan to allow resizing. However the window will have a forced aspect ratio because it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Last edited by Dairymoose; 29/07/14 01:40 PM.
Joined: Jun 2013
K
stranger
Offline
stranger
K
Joined: Jun 2013
@DairyMoose
Thanks! I look forward to it ^^

Joined: Jul 2014
D
stranger
Offline
stranger
D
Joined: Jul 2014
@Dairymoose

I'm having a problem when editor starts. I think its because I'm using the gog verson.

Failed to Open registry key: 2
http://tinypic.com/r/69q71h/8

Also, I have small monitor with 1360 x 768, it doesn't fit.
http://tinypic.com/r/serc4g/8

I found the "profile" and "data" location but I can't edit.

Joined: Jul 2014
S
stranger
Offline
stranger
S
Joined: Jul 2014
Hi smile

Thanks for the reply.

-What would you say is the easiest way to create specific skillbooks?

-When do you think changing talents/abilities will be possible?


Joined: Jul 2014
H
stranger
Offline
stranger
H
Joined: Jul 2014
Hey guys new to this. I got the v4 and v5 editors up and working but am quite confused. I basically wanted to give myself 1 more talent point or add a talent and remove one(I accidentally picked wrong talent and did not notice until after several hours of gameplay) if that is possible yet.

Any help appreciated ty!

Joined: Apr 2013
member
Offline
member
Joined: Apr 2013
Is there any magic way to shrink the UI window? I apparently have so many saves that the bottom of the window is off the bottom of my screen (1280x800 res).

This was using Alpha 5

-- Exactly the same problem as Duph

Last edited by tarasis; 29/07/14 07:27 PM.
Joined: Feb 2013
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Feb 2013
This would be a great tool when finished, please, publish it in NexusMods, it has dedicated servers to store the files and is safe to download from there. Also is easy to search there and people can rate. Let's enlarge the Nexus Divinity section!

Joined: Jul 2014
W
stranger
Offline
stranger
W
Joined: Jul 2014
The inventory editor works great. Can't wait for it to be polished. Thanks for your work.

Joined: Apr 2013
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Originally Posted by Antartnord
This would be a great tool when finished, please, publish it in NexusMods, it has dedicated servers to store the files and is safe to download from there. Also is easy to search there and people can rate. Let's enlarge the Nexus Divinity section!


THIS^^^

Nexus is awesome.

Joined: Jul 2014
H
stranger
Offline
stranger
H
Joined: Jul 2014
@ No alpha beta:
Yes, both paths are set correctly smirk but thx for your help!

Last edited by HerrRuin; 30/07/14 09:47 AM.
Joined: Jul 2014
D
member
OP Offline
member
D
Joined: Jul 2014
Originally Posted by HerrRuin
Iエve got the same issue like Genus:
"When I load the .exe it complains about not being able to find registry entries but loads after I hit "Ok". I had tried to load a few savegames but every time I click "Load" the program crashes after about 5 seconds."

After starting the mooseedit.exe i get the message "Failed to open registry key:2"

Any suggestions would be great! Thx smile


If you could provide me with a copy of the save file(s) that are causing a crash I could look into it.

Also I am working on allowing resizing, so that the window can be made smaller. It would also have a smaller default size.

Joined: Apr 2013
member
Offline
member
Joined: Apr 2013
Originally Posted by Dairymoose

Also I am working on allowing resizing, so that the window can be made smaller. It would also have a smaller default size.


Woohoo smile Thank you.

Joined: Jul 2014
H
stranger
Offline
stranger
H
Joined: Jul 2014
The message showes up before i load a savegame, just after starting the exe and iエve tried all my different savegames.

Here is the link to one of my saves: http://d.pr/f/nHM9

Thanks a lot smile !!!

Joined: Jul 2014
G
stranger
Offline
stranger
G
Joined: Jul 2014
Your alpha5 build works for me. It still complains about the missing registry keys however I can modify a weapon and load it correctly in the game.

I did notice one problem: I had to change which weapon I wanted to modify for this to work. When I modified a lvl 20 hammer from my inventory, the game would always crash when I tried to load that savegame.

I then modified two different weapons (level 9 one handed sword and a lvl 6 staff) and it loaded just fine.

I went back and tried to modify that same lvl 20 hammer with alpha5 and it still crashed the game. Not sure what the problem is there but wanted to make you aware.

Genus #532721 30/07/14 05:34 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
H
stranger
Offline
stranger
H
Joined: Jul 2014
@Genus: Did u change anything to prevent the crash after hitting the "load" button?
I tried every version from alpha 1-5 ..
Is there anything i can do wrong laugh ?

Joined: Jul 2014
G
stranger
Offline
stranger
G
Joined: Jul 2014
The only thing I changed was that I chose a different weapon to modify. I modified a weapon that was already approx my characters level. That was successful.

EDIT: Any chance you're a Mac user? I am a Mac user and copied the "Data" folder out of the .app and pointed this app to it instead of pointing this app to the "Data" folder within the .app.

When I get a minute, I will confirm if it works by pointing to the "Data" folder within the .app.

Last edited by Genus; 30/07/14 06:00 PM.
Genus #532773 30/07/14 07:21 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
D
member
OP Offline
member
D
Joined: Jul 2014
Originally Posted by Genus
Your alpha5 build works for me. It still complains about the missing registry keys however I can modify a weapon and load it correctly in the game.

I did notice one problem: I had to change which weapon I wanted to modify for this to work. When I modified a lvl 20 hammer from my inventory, the game would always crash when I tried to load that savegame.

I then modified two different weapons (level 9 one handed sword and a lvl 6 staff) and it loaded just fine.

I went back and tried to modify that same lvl 20 hammer with alpha5 and it still crashed the game. Not sure what the problem is there but wanted to make you aware.


Can you describe exactly what modifications you attempted to make to the item (the hammer)? The item type should be irrelevant, just the modifications.


@HerrRuin, I tried your save and it worked fine for me.

----

New version uploaded alpha6. Has better tooltips, and decent resize functionality. Still need to work on resizing but this will suffice for now.

Last edited by Dairymoose; 31/07/14 03:02 AM.
Joined: Jul 2014
L
stranger
Offline
stranger
L
Joined: Jul 2014
I'm getting the same "Failed to open registry key: 2" error that others have reported and then it immediately crashes. Here's a pic of the event that's generated in widows when it crashes if that helps.

Event Log Error

If I can provide any additional information to help troubleshoot, I'd be happy to help.


Page 7 of 33 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5