Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#531556 29/07/14 01:23 PM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
So I'm going through some map and fight some trolls to cross a bridge. On the other side the Imp from the homestead appears and tells me the homestead is under attack and some demons are appearing that can only be killed with Tenebrium weapons. So I check the homestead and sure enough, fireballs are raining down.

Now I hadn't actually finished that last map so I just went back and have started clearing it (up to the fire ruins area now), but I am concerned about this need for Tenebrium weapons. To be honest I didn't like the idea of using them and just sold all that I found. I'm also certainly don't want to waste any skill points on the Tenebrium skill as I have other skills I'm still trying to increase.

But ... once I finish this map and go into the next area, am I really going to need tenebrium weapons? Should I be going back and trying to find some somewhere ... and where would that be exactly? I have no idea where I sold the things and I've given up on crafting stuff in this game as it just got too overwhelming.

Thanks.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The Smith in Sacred Stone has plenty of Tenebrium weapons.
Alternatively just use a Tenebrium Bar on any weapon other than a staff. (If you want to use it for the quest, it better be something without elemental damage.)

You will only need Tenebrium weapons once to kill an object that is immune to the other damage types.
That being said you will be able to deal more damage with Tenebrium enchanted weapons than regular weapons, because your Tenebrium skill can be brought to a higher level than your weapon skills.

Last edited by eidolon; 29/07/14 02:10 PM.
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Thanks for the info. I don't think I've found Sacred Stone yet, but I'll be on the lookout for it.

The thing is with my characters it is assumed that Tenebrium is inherently evil, since it causes the rot and many miners died trying to get it. So it's more of a moral issue with them. Kind of like a D&D Paladin not wanting to use an evil sword, or a good character in TES not wanting to use daedric items. But if required I suppose I'll do what I must.

Thanks!

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
I have a related question: I'm trying to do a 2x Mage play so do you really need a Tenebrium weapon that requires more than 5 STR to finish the game?

enthusiast
enthusiast
You only need to deal ~ 500 Tenebrium (or was it 300?) dmg to a single inanimate object. You can choose whatever weapon you like for that job - as long as it isn't a staff.

Last edited by eidolon; 29/07/14 06:55 PM.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by eidolon
You only need to deal ~ 500 Tenebrium (or was it 300?) dmg to a single inanimate object. You can choose whatever weapon you like for that job - as long as it isn't a staff.

Great, that answers it. Thanks.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just for clarification: That only applies if somebody in your party can craft and enchant a weapon with Tenebrium (drag a Tenebrium bar over it).
Without crafters I am not really sure what the lowest STR / DEX requirements on Tenebrium weapons are - maybe 8-10 , but you should still be able to manage that with gear or a +3 STR potion if necessary.

LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Well I found Sacred Stone.

I can't use any of the Tenebrium weapons because my Tenebrium skill needs to be a 2 (mine are all one). I also can't make any Tenebrium weapons because my crafting isn't high enough (it's a 3).

So ... I'm still without any Tenebrium weapons. Do I need to bring my Tenebrium skill up to 2 and waste the ability points?

Also there were a bunch of Void monsters in the fire ruin area that are apparently immune to anything I have. Do they require Tenebrium weapons?

I'm kind of stuck here.

LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Well slight update I guess. I moved some gear around I had and got my Crafting and Blacksmithing up to 4 and 3. It would let me combine the Tenebrium bar with a Common bow, but it didn't change it to anything and I lost my bar. Damn it.

journeyman
journeyman
You will need at least a *Blacksmith* level 4 , not crafting to craft tenebrium weapons.

Crafting level 5 which will give you added *bonus* for your blacksmith, otherwise, you are good to go.

As for the rest of your question, I ran out of fun & willpower to continue my 2nd Act, so couldn't help you there.

I believe the Void monster, you can kill it later, something about destroying a stone first. (Don't want to spoil it for you, so I'll be vague)

LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Ok I rearranged some gear and made the equipment. Yeah I found out it doesn't work on Void monsters. I can't sneak past them to see if there is some stone or something to destroy so I guess I'll leave the rest of the Fire Ruins alone.

enthusiast
enthusiast
You need to get past the fire ruins or you can't successfully finish the game.
There are 3 paths there:
1 Immaculates that you can either convince to let you through or kill
2 Immune to everything demons that you have to sneak past/ run /teleport through
3 Lava + mines (not sure about the last part)

Stuff with a Void Aura won't take any damage - just go past them and destroy the Bloodstone with your Tenebrium weapon.

In the Geomancer's Shop in Sacred Stone is a Book about Tenebrium that gives you an additional point in Tenebrium.

Last edited by eidolon; 30/07/14 12:57 PM.
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Ok I haven't gone into the shop yet, since as soon as I walked past the place she stepped out and killed someone, so I'm just checking out other things for now. But at least I know where it is now.

In the fire ruins, well I'm kind of on a mission to kill all Immaculates on site (except in that town where I'm supposed to be finding out stuff), so the ones to the NW of the map are dead. Went through the mirror teleporter and killed those. Then met a bunch of Void goats and can't beat them, so I die.

I can't sneak past the other Void monsters. My ranger has a point in Sneak. Not sure what good more points does. Would that make the enemy 'view radius' smaller while I'm sneaking? That would be helpful I suppose.

Lave kills, so I'm not sure what you mean on that last hint.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by LeBurns

I can't sneak past the other Void monsters. My ranger has a point in Sneak. Not sure what good more points does. Would that make the enemy 'view radius' smaller while I'm sneaking? That would be helpful I suppose.

I went ahead and bought an Invisible skill book for one of my hero. wink

LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by SpaceHamster
Originally Posted by LeBurns

I went ahead and bought an Invisible skill book for one of my hero. wink

Hadn't thought of that. I do have an inviso potion so I may give that a try.

Link Copied to Clipboard