Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
"Lucky Charm got you the Common shield. It had nothing to do with the Rare helmet."

uh, wrong.

helmet came from a book shelf, and only appeared when I got the message.

I HAVE gotten rare stuff from lucky many times. I'm absolutely sure of it. empty container on one check, reload, get the "lucky find" and then there is a rare item there. has happened to me at least a dozen times.

by "magic" I do believe the table means blue or green.

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
(edited per new information)

Originally Posted by Ichthyic
uh, wrong.

When you open a container, the Lucky Find message pops up, and you see some gold, a Precious Item, or a Common shield, and also a Rare helmet. Before Lucky Charm 5, we know that Lucky Charm generated one of the first three and that it had nothing to do with the Rare helmet.

The information in my original post was taken directly from TreasureTable.txt, which are the rules used by the treasure generation system to generate treasure. TreasureTable.txt is not a mod.

TreasureTable.txt: Lucky Charm (default)
Code
new treasuretable "_Luck"
new treasuretable "Luck1"
new subtable "0,98;1,2"
object category "Scroll",25,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "Arrow",30,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "Gold",30,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "Precious",15,100,0,0,0,0,0,0

new treasuretable "Luck2"
new subtable "0,97;1,3"
object category "Scroll",25,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "Arrow",25,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "T_ST_SecGearNormal",25,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "Precious",25,100,0,0,0,0,0,0

new treasuretable "Luck3"
new subtable "0,96;1,4"
object category "Scroll",20,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "Arrow",20,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "T_ST_SecGearNormal",20,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "T_ST_ArmorNormal",20,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "Precious",20,100,0,0,0,0,0,0

new treasuretable "Luck4"
new subtable "0,94;1,6"
object category "Scroll",20,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "Arrow",20,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "T_ST_SecGearNormal",20,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "T_ST_ArmorNormal",20,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "T_ST_WeaponNormal",20,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "Precious",20,100,0,0,0,0,0,0

new treasuretable "Luck5"
new subtable "0,93;1,7"
object category "Scroll",10,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "Arrow",10,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "T_ST_SecGearNormal",10,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "T_ST_ArmorNormal",10,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "T_ST_WeaponNormal",10,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "GoldBig",10,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "T_ST_SecGearMagic",10,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "T_ST_ArmorMagic",10,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "T_ST_WeaponMagic",10,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "Precious",10,100,0,0,0,0,0,0

new treasuretable "Luck6"
new subtable "0,92;1,8"
object category "Scroll",15,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "Arrow",15,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "T_ST_ArmorNormal",10,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "T_ST_WeaponNormal",10,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "GoldBig",15,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "T_ST_SecGearMagic",5,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "T_ST_ArmorMagic",5,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "T_ST_WeaponMagic",5,100,0,0,0,0,0,0
object category "Precious",10,100,0,0,0,0,0,0

To break it down further:

Code
new treasuretable "Luck6"
new subtable "0,92;1,8"

92 is the % chance that a Lucky Find at Lucky Charm 6 will produce 0 extra items (i.e., a 92% chance to not get a Lucky Find.)

8 is the % chance that a Lucky Find at Lucky Charm 6 will produce 1 extra item.

Code

10 is the weighting, as a percent, attributed to the object category.

100 is the weighting, as a percent, attributed to the item rarity.

100,0,0,0,0,0,0 means 100% Common, 0% Magic, 0% Rare, 0% Legendary. The three remaining zeroes are extraneous.

Taken together, at Lucky Charm 6, you'll have an 8% chance to get a Lucky Find (i.e., to roll for 1 extra item.)

When you roll for that 1 extra item, 10% of the time, you'll get an item from the T_ST_SecGearNormal category and 100% of the time that item will be of the Common rarity.

As you can see, it is impossible for a Lucky Find to generate Magic items before Lucky Charm 5 or Legendary items. However, it is possible at Lucky Charm 5 to generate Rare items because the Magic tables have a 20% chance to generate Rare items.

Last edited by fireundubh; 31/07/14 06:26 PM. Reason: Rare items are possible at and above Lucky Charm 5
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by fireundubh
uh, wrong.

When you open a container, the Lucky Find message pops up, and you see some gold, a Precious Item, or a Common shield, and also a Rare helmet, Lucky Charm generated one of the first three; it had nothing to do with the Rare helmet. The core treasure generation system was responsible for the Rare helmet.

Yesterday I opened a crate (or desk?) in Esmeralda's basement and got a "Lucky Find" message with a couple items and a Legendary ring (had Lucky charm rank 1 only).

So I did read how the table works but at the same time it's hard to believe I've got the message for magical items on one hand and a Legendary ring due to the "basic" roll on the other. Either there's more to it than that, or I'm one of the luckiest player so far.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
He said nothing about your chances of getting a legendary, he just explained that as the game is, it's impossible for lucky charm to even give you magic items.

I have found legendaries and uniques with the lucky charm message (From my game where i didn't know about this stuff and had a lucky charm set to try to get rarer stuff), but if you do pay attention, every time you receive the "Lucky Find" message and there is anything rarer than common, it will be accompanied by common items. These common items are the lucky find.

Also if you do read the Lucky Charm tooltip, it says it improves the chances of getting EXTRA loot, not BETTER loot.

Now, since the game has limited resources, it's nice to have lucky charm because you have the chance to generate extra stuff.

A question though: What are the components inside T_ST_SecGearNormal? Is there anything that justifies having a lucky charm set in there?

C
stranger
stranger
C
A couple of things...

1) If the categories really are a percentage chance, Lucky Charm 4 may be bugged, because by the data above it adds up to 120% (I assume it's actually an equal chance of any the 6 categories, or the 1st 5 loaded [which would presumably dump "Precious"]).

2) Considering the probability of hitting a "Lucky Find" in conjunction with the category probabilities (7%/9% * category probability), Lucky Charm 5 seems better than Lucky Charm 6 with a net 0.7% chance of each category (Scroll/Arrow/T_ST_SecGearNormal/T_ST_ArmorNormal/T_ST_WeaponNormal/GoldBig/T_ST_SecGearMagic/T_ST_ArmorMagic/T_ST_WeaponMagic/Precious) vs Lucky Charm 6's somewhat more varied probabilities (1.35%/1.35%/0.90%/0.90%/0.90%/1.35%/0.45%/0.45%/0.45%/1.35%), meaning that you get 2 less items per 100 checks, but 2(.1) of them should be Magic rather 1(.35).

S
stranger
stranger
S
does your lucky charm character have to open the chest/barrel/whatever or can any of your chars?

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
I need to amend my explanation.

At Lucky Charm 5+, you can get Gold, Precious, Common, Magic, or Rare items. Why? Here's the ST_SecGearMagic table:

Code
new treasuretable "ST_SecGearMagic"
new subtable "1,1"
object category "Garment",12,0,80,20,0,0,0,0
object category "Shoe",15,0,80,20,0,0,0,0
object category "Belt",15,0,80,20,0,0,0,0
object category "Glove",15,0,80,20,0,0,0,0
object category "Helmet",15,0,80,20,0,0,0,0
object category "HelmetMetal",13,0,80,20,0,0,0,0
object category "Shield",15,0,80,20,0,0,0,0

When an item is selected from this table, 80% of the time, that item will be Magic, but 20% of the time, that item will be Rare.

I apologize for the misinformation. The table names are counterintuitive.

But the way Lucky Charm works remains the same. And my previous explanation isn't wrong for Lucky Charm 1 through 4!

Lucky Charm 4
1. Player rolls for loot; a Rare Helmet is generated. [Lucky Charm 4 CANNOT produce this.]
2. Player rolls for loot; an Ingredient is generated. [Lucky Charm CANNOT produce this at all.]
3. Player rolls for a Lucky Find.
4. Lucky Find! Player rolls AGAIN for loot; a Common Belt is generated. [Lucky Charm CAN produce this.]

RESULT: Player obtains a Rare Helmet, an Ingredient, and a Common Belt.

The player knows that Lucky Charm was responsible for the Common Belt.

Lucky Charm 5
1. Player rolls for loot; a Rare Helmet is generated. [Lucky Charm 5 CAN produce this.]
2. Player rolls for loot; an Ingredient is generated. [Lucky Charm CANNOT produce this at all.]
3. Player rolls for a Lucky Find.
4. Lucky Find! Player rolls AGAIN for loot; a Common Belt is generated. [Lucky Charm CAN produce this.]

RESULT: Player obtains a Rare Helmet, an Ingredient, and a Common Belt.

The player can't know whether Lucky Charm was responsible for the Rare Helmet or the Common Belt.

Originally Posted by ClassifiedTSBBR
1) If the categories really are a percentage chance, Lucky Charm 4 may be bugged, because by the data above it adds up to 120% (I assume it's actually an equal chance of any the 6 categories, or the 1st 5 loaded [which would presumably dump "Precious"]).

They are weights, so they don't need to add up to 100%. Look up the term "weighted decision matrix."

P
stranger
stranger
P
So i have painstakingly swapped my gear back and forth to take advantage of looting items with +7 lucky find --- come to find out in this thread I have been wasting my time.

Can someone explain to me like I am a three year old - how to take my updated treasure file and overwrite the broken one? I am using the values posted earlier in this thread and everytime I try to package I receive an error which is most likely procedural.

I have my updated Treasure file that fixes Lucky Charm --- what do I do next?

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
Put TreasureTable.txt in "\Divinity Original Sin\Data\Public\Main\Stats\Generated" and play the game.

You'll get a warning at the main menu, but if you're not playing online, ignore it.

You don't need to repack Main.pak. The game looks at loose files first.

C
stranger
stranger
C
From my understanding of this thread lucky charm will not effect finding codex of pestilential thought books (+1 intel -1 perception). Can anyone confirm this?

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by constrainer
From my understanding of this thread lucky charm will not effect finding codex of pestilential thought books (+1 intel -1 perception). Can anyone confirm this?

Correct.

Lucky Charm can generate items from only these categories:
  • Scroll
  • Arrow
  • T_ST_SecGearNormal
  • T_ST_ArmorNormal
  • T_ST_WeaponNormal
  • GoldBig
  • T_ST_SecGearMagic
  • T_ST_ArmorMagic
  • T_ST_WeaponMagic
  • Precious

LSLib Contributor | My Mods: DOS2, DOS2DE | 560K Steam Workshop Subscribers
journeyman
journeyman
I did not find the Stats folder, inside Main folder there is only other one named Assets frown

journeyman
journeyman
Anyone, please?

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
At Lucky Charm 5+, you can get Gold, Precious, Common, Magic, or Rare items.

like I said originally, so at least admit I was bloody well right.

I've seen it happen literally DOZENS of times on chests and containers that ONLY ever generate common items, but when I get a lucky find notice, lo and behold there's now a rare at the end of the treasure.

NEVER HAPPENS unless I get a lucky find.

Last edited by Ichthyic; 12/08/14 02:32 AM.
F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
like I said originally, so at least admit I was bloody well right.

No.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Does this mean that lucky charm 5 is more effective than lucky charm 6 in finding magical items? 0_o

D
stranger
stranger
D
Is there a way to get this to work in a mod? I can't for the life of me make it work unless it's placed under \Data\Public\Main\Stats\Generated\

veteran
veteran
I don't want to modding the Lucky Charm (or whatever) in my game, so I wonder:
is "Lucky Charm" worth investing in IF it don't care for me to collect (faster) more treasures/gold/better equipment ?

I read somewhere gold is easy enough to find and to collect (a million) , corect ?

EDIT: and a second question about Lucky Charm:
can I get LESS EMPTHY barrels/crates/etc to open IF I invest in Lucky Charm ?
If this is true, I like Lucky Charm more, because many crates/barrels I open are so empthy as empthy :hihi:

Last edited by Joram; 06/11/14 02:33 PM. Reason: see EDIT

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
C
C
Lucky charm isn't worth investing in because you can have 5/5 just with items and the romantic trait. Just craft a staff, a rabbit necklace and a rabbit belt, and loot/buy some lucky charm boots.

Equip them when you start looting barrels and stuff, and equip back others items if you feel necessary to have better stats than lucky charm for a given fight.

If I recall, it's even possible to use a crafted dagger (require dex 5) that you must have created at low level, and a shield around level 8 which gives 2 lucky charm so you can ditch the rabbit stuff on a mage, but it's not that easy to do because the shield requires some strength, and I don't think it's a good idea to put weak weapons on a physical character. Lategame you find good INT items that gives also strength sometimes (necklace often, ring sometimes I think?), so you can do it, but I didn't do it myself (I hadn't crafted a low level dagger, so I had no lucky charm dagger my mage could equip, but I had the shield).

Lucky charm procs quite often, and might be a source of a lot of (unnecessary?) money.
I didn't really need any loot I got from lucky charm, so the main point is money, and the good feeling you have when you read "lucky find".

Note that it can give you a lot of money early game, because when it procs within the Homestead, you get lvl 20 items.

veteran
veteran
Hhmmmm, so just for the "feeling" to have 'a lucky find' smile
Thanks for the info wink

But I'm still not sure about LESSER EMPTHY barrels/crates/chests with Lucky Charm invested ?
How about that ?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard