Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#533904 01/08/14 04:37 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to trigger a de-shroud of an area (as in remove the 'fog of war') or to just have it pre-de-shrouded. I don't want the entire level that way, just a certain area. doc informed me of the way to do the level, but this is just so when you look over a cliff, you can see the water as far as your camera can and don't see it clash with shroud, making it look wrong.

Anyone know if there's a way to do this? Thanks.

"Sorrow - How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."
-Vivi
Vivikain #534004 01/08/14 06:24 AM
C
stranger
stranger
C
It might be possible to set an atmosphere trigger where you want to be able to see far. Maybe you can alter it in a way that allows you to see very far.

Or if there's a function in the story editor to reveal an area you could link that to a box trigger.

This is just speculation though, it sounds like something that could be in the game.

-ck06
Vivikain #534494 01/08/14 05:11 PM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGcN2A7E2Jo

Sounds like something you could do with a region trigger?

Join #TheDivinityEngine at irc.gamesurge.net, help build a live modding community! Related forum topic here.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Rymdkejsaren
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGcN2A7E2Jo

Sounds like something you could do with a region trigger?

Thought about it, but I don't think so. This trigger is used for something like a house, whereas the area you're not in is black (and my situation is not an indoor thing). My request is simply...remove black areas you'd normally have to walk near to see. I thought this was done somewhere in the game but maybe it's not. It seems like something very simple.

It's kind of needed just because of how bad it looks in the shroud. The island is at such a height that you only see a tiny bit of water with the camera, and then the shroud makes it look...just bad, haha. Worst comes to worst, I'll remove it all or something.

-Edit- Oh wait, it seems like the vision is obscured because of the terrain dimensions. How do you make it so a character's vision extends beyond the terrain to one that may be beyond it? Or...am I screwed there? -_- Makes little sense since setting HideShroud to true would show the water (and the water is an item beyond the terrain)...the heck.

Last edited by Vivikain; 01/08/14 06:31 PM.

"Sorrow - How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."
-Vivi
Vivikain #534518 01/08/14 06:23 PM
R
addict
addict
R
Perhaps you could fake it by having 'disposable' party members already in the locations you wish to deshroud, and then sequentially add/remove them from party with a trigger before making them disappear?

Link Copied to Clipboard