Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
addict
addict
What version is the base game if you redownload it from GoG?

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by EinTroll
What version is the base game if you redownload it from GoG?

The base version has just been upgraded to 1.074, they still have the patch from version 1.057+ up, but no patch before that. And then there's patch 1.074 to 1081+ to upgrade the current base version.

"Here lies Nazik, who also thinks YOUR name is weird"

-Graveyard, northeast of Cyseal
addict
addict
Have you tried e-mailing GoG about this? Maybe they can give you a link to the download. Presumably it's still on their servers, just not linked anymore.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Any idea when the next update gonna be?

EDIT: Will it have any additional content or mostly optimization?

Last edited by NEET; 23/07/14 10:01 AM.
Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by henryv
Originally Posted by Sealiah
[quote=Verzwei]
-The seller of secrets now only has 1 ability book and 1 stat book instead of regenerating those

Played for a few hours last night with my buddy in our coop game. The teller was absolutely regenerating the books every time we leveled, just like she was pre-patch.

I might test this out. I just arrived on the teller of secrets right after the patch upgrade.

From my experience, before the patch she would regenerate books every 5 hrs or so, or an in game day(24 hrs). That's what the other vendors would do as well, refresh inventory every 5 hrs or so real time. After the patch they seem to only refresh when you level up as most people thought was how they worked originally.

I tested this by leaving my game running and going afk and just quick saving to tag the time (real and ingame). After the patch they do not seem to refresh based on time but only when I level up.

C
stranger
stranger
C
updated to v81, wondering, did they remove the ability to see world items with ALT key? or did it change to some other key, sure it makes things a bit harder to notice, any1 know anything about this?

also i can no longer use my defined key to rotate the camera, which was "X", and i don't have a mouse scroller key on my mouse

Last edited by Climbatiz; 26/07/14 07:52 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
Any news regarding new patch? What kind of changes we can expect? Any ETA?

veteran
veteran
@ Climb; Nope, ALT works as it always had. As usual, first thing to try is verifying your files.

@ Fx; Nope.

enthusiast
enthusiast
First time I saw that flaming thing on larian forums.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
addict
addict
It must go off number of views, rather than replies. The post below this has more replies, but only a fraction of the views, and it's not on fire. smile

veteran
veteran
Just hover over the flame and it describes the requirements (10000 posts or 70000 views or somesuch).

K
stranger
stranger
K
The game just keep crushing on save/load with latest patch... disagree
And it seems that the graphic settings are heavily involved here. Changed them to Medium and life became happier. Also if there are many of NPC's displayed simultaneously on screen, game crushes on saving much more frequently.
Any info on when next patch will be released?

addict
addict
What's your system specs? Have you verified you have the latest drivers for your video card?

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Jito463
What's your system specs? Have you verified you have the latest drivers for your video card?

Yep, I downloaded latest drivers yesterday, and now the game crushes even more.

Specs:
Core i5
Nvidia GTX 460 with 1Gb VRAM
8gb RAM
WIndows 7.

veteran
veteran
Make sure you set AA to application controlled in your Geforce driver.

Is your Windows 7 version 32 or 64 bit?

If your savegame crashes send the corrupted savegeme to supportdos@larian.com to enable them to identify and fix the issue.

Last edited by LordCrash; 31/07/14 04:28 PM.

WOOS
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Make sure you set AA to application controlled in your Geforce driver.

I'll check it out.

Is your Windows 7 version 32 or 64 bit?

If your savegame crashes send the corrupted savegeme to supportdos@larian.com to enable them to identify and fix the issue.

It is not savegame that crashes, it's the GAME that crushes on saving or loading, so I haven't got corrupted save-files. By the way - changing graphic settings to low makes game work just fine.

Thank you for your help.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, 32-bit windows has issues with memory-allocation for the game... it's just not enough.
They already did some tweaking in the patch, and said they would do more in the future, but for now, 32-bit and D:OS don't work nicely with each other.

(Somewhere someone posted something about increasing the swap-file size (I think IIRC) to allocate more for the game, and that fixed the crashing for most users... you might want to search for that post. Don't recall where, might even be this thread)

Last edited by Hassat Hunter; 01/08/14 05:20 AM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
Yeah, 32-bit windows has issues with memory-allocation for the game...

Guess I'll have to reinstall my OS after all, time of 32-bit software coming to an end. But! The game worth it smile

thankyou again.

Last edited by Kley; 01/08/14 12:16 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kley
time of 32-bit software coming to an end.

Speaking personally, I've been 64-bit exclusively since 2005, when Windows XP x64 edition was still in RC2. I'd love if Windows 9 (or whatever they call it) was strictly a 64-bit release. It's about time, I say.

But! The game worth it smile

Yes, it is. smile

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Jito463
time of 32-bit software coming to an end.

Speaking personally, I've been 64-bit exclusively since 2005, when Windows XP x64 edition was still in RC2. I'd love if Windows 9 (or whatever they call it) was strictly a 64-bit release. It's about time, I say.

But! The game worth it smile

Yes, it is. smile

Haha... Then we can start looking forwards to the 128 bit Windows release... oh the dreams of what could be done with so much memory...

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard