Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
tx3000 Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
T
Before everyone jumps the gun and say they can .. let me clear up what I mean by CANNOT BE UPGRADED I don't mean the items listed below aren't ABLE to be upgraded, I'm saying they cannot be upgraded because there are no instructions on HOW.

1. The Drag and drop doesn't work for a Wetstone, an Anvil, and a Furnaces like you do everything else in this game.

2. Other than a Wetstone, an Anvil, and a Furnace, there is no place in the game that I can find that you can drag and drop these items into which is how you upgrade metal weapons and armors.

3. There are also no instructions anywhere (Including the crafting guide on this site) that explain HOW TO UPGRADE any of these item types. It doesn't matter if you know what ingredients you need to upgrade an item if you're never explained how to use those ingredients in order to get the item upgraded.

HERE IS THE LIST OF ITEM TYPES THAT NEED INSTRUCTIONS FOR UPGRADING:
Any leather items
Any Cloth items (Robes, hoods, belts and such)
Any wood items Such as Shields and clubs and Staffs
Any Rings, and amulets

So yeah as it stands now the items on the list above cannot be upgraded because there are no instructions on how to get them upgraded.

Last edited by tx3000; 01/08/14 03:39 PM.
addict
addict
I haven't tried it, but I understand you use scraps of cloth/leather/iron/steel/whatever to upgrade certain equipment items.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
T
tx3000 Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
T
Originally Posted by EinTroll
I haven't tried it, but I understand you use scraps of cloth/leather/iron/steel/whatever to upgrade certain equipment items.

Since the topic was obviously way too complex for you're understanding. I went ahead and edited it so people like you can comprehend what's being talked about, so that way there you don't piss off the person by posting things that have nothing to do with the topic.

Last edited by tx3000; 01/08/14 03:44 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by tx3000
So yeah as it stands now the items on the list above cannot be upgraded because there are no instructions on how to get them upgraded.

If you want to be rude about it, so can I. The above quote makes NO SENSE, you somewhat unintelligent person.

But seriously, sorry for misunderstanding what you meant. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention, maybe it wasn't worded properly.

Oh, wait, you lack a functional sense of logic and your first response to a misunderstanding is to be an a-hole.

So before anyone jumps the gun and says I'm being unreasonable, they first have to explain to me how not having the instructions on doing something makes doing that something impossible to do. Not knowing how to do something doesn't mean it can't be done.

EDIT: you're = you are (noun + verb). your (pronoun) != you're (noun + verb)

Last edited by EinTroll; 01/08/14 03:50 PM.

R
addict
addict
R
Isn't it just drag + drop within the inventory? Like if I want to add fire damage to a weapon, within my inventory I would drag the Fire Essence icon so that it is on top of the weapon icon, and if I have the correct levels the combo window would pop up.

T
tx3000 Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
T
@EinTroll
You make no sense! You took what I posted and totally butchered and reworded it. What i have written above is very simple to understand.

@Rhidian
I specifically said UPGRADE not adding damage

There are no instructions on how to boost the base damage and durability on any wooden weapon like a club or staff like you can to metal ones

There is no instructions on how to boost the base defense and durability on a WOODEN Shield like you can to metal ones

There are no instructions on how to boost the base armor rating and durability on any leather items like boots, armors, helmets, bracers like you can on metal and chain ones

There are no instructions on how to boost the base armor rating and durability on Cloth items like Hoods, robes, belts, and shoes.

Rings and amulets I guess don't ever upgrade but have things added

Now do you get the problem

Last edited by tx3000; 01/08/14 04:11 PM.
addict
addict
I don't mean the items listed below aren't ABLE to be upgraded, I'm saying they cannot be upgraded because there are no instructions on HOW.

You mean this? That's a contradiction. Just check the verbs.

T
tx3000 Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
T
Originally Posted by EinTroll
I don't mean the items listed below aren't ABLE to be upgraded, I'm saying they cannot be upgraded because there are no instructions on HOW.

You mean this? That's a contradiction. Just check the verbs.

No that's called you have no comprehension it's worded perfectly fine for the context it's used in. Try going back to school.

Something that's Able to be done (Which means it's possible) doesn't mean it CAN be done (Can in this context means to succeed).

So that context that sentence is in, actually says this:
Just because something has the possibly of being done, doesn't mean you will actually be able to do it.

Again go back to school because you somehow think words only have one way of being used.

Last edited by tx3000; 01/08/14 04:28 PM.
addict
addict
You missed the point.

Or if you truly believe that it's worded perfectly fine, then I think your credibility is gone, never to be seen again.

But it's good that you figured the need to rephrase yourself a little, even though you missed a little error in the clean-up.

Do you really want me to spell out the contradiction that you are trying to prove is a logical association of words?

T
tx3000 Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
T
@EinTroll
Go back to school and get yourself some education before trying to dictate things to someone else.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
"Upgrade" is a very amibiguous term.

OP: It sounds like you're basing your complaint on the idea that if you were able to upgrade a piece of equipment in a certain way ("...like you can to metal ones"), that you should be able to do the same with every item. That's a big assumption (in this conversation) and I don't think it's necessarily true. In other words, I think it's probably the case that the statistics/attributes of some items cannot be upgraded at all.

This comes from my non-spoiler approach to crafting, which means I know I haven't discovered all the crafting methods yet, so I could be wrong. It could be the case that all attributes for all equipment can be upgraded in some way.

For example, leather chest armor can be improved at a mobile kitchen (camp fire + cooking pot). The "instructions" for this are found in an Adventurer's Field Guide (AFG). Doing so improves the armor value of the piece, whereas improving metal armor at an anvil improves its movement speed.

Whetstones drag and drop onto metal weapons in my inventory (I get the "not enough blacksmithing" message).

According to an AFG, moonstone chips can be added to wooden weapons (and possibly shields?).

As for cloth items, I haven't figured out how to improve these items, but I know there has to be a way. I have a feeling they cannot be upgraded statistically (i.e. more armor, more speed) but can be magically enchanted.

G
stranger
stranger
G
tx3000:
Did you read all the recipe books in the game? Because you can find answers in them for these problems.

For example:
Weapon damage upgrade for staffs - add moonstone to the staff (need at least 3 or 4 level on the crafting skill), the first or the second blacksmithing book tell this or the adventurer's guide book.

Shield upgrade - currently inactive (one of the recipe books said you can combine them with metal, you can also use the shields on an anvil, but you must have a high blacksmithing skill)

Armor boost for leather armor types - use them on a mobile kitchen (combine the two), combine them with cup of oil to lower the movement penalty (this works with all armor except cloth types), and IIRC they can be combined with metal fragments/scraps for extra defense (if you combine a leather armor with scales, you can make a scale armor), and finally, you can use them on an anvil (not all of them but some)

Rings/amulets/other things (helmets, belts, bracers and so on) - can be combined with elemental essences for additional resistance, some parts can be combined with ruby

For cloth armor upgrade... I don't know. Never used them, so I don't care.

Some other items (like tormented souls, bow strings, telescope, magical animal parts) can be combined with specific items for additional effects (like extra Str and Dex or extra damage or extra Perception).

Last edited by Gaal; 01/08/14 04:40 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
These things can in fact be done, however I haven't found any documentation in game explaining how it's done. This was a source I found online.

http://divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Divinity:_Original_Sin_Crafting

If this information exists in the game I've yet to find it.

Edit: guilty as charged looks like I need to read my books more carefully.

Last edited by Dustinsouls; 01/08/14 04:42 PM.
addict
addict
Ok, numbskull, here's how it goes:

First, let's take a look back at your initial assertion:

"I don't mean the items listed below aren't ABLE to be upgraded, I'm saying they cannot be upgraded because...".

You start off by saying that X is non-zero (removing the double negation, you say that "the items are able to be upgraded") and then you say that X cannot be non-zero ("they cannot be upgraded").

X cannot be 0 and non-zero at the same time, hence contradiction.

Later on, you go saying the following:

"Just because something has the possibly of being done, doesn't mean you will actually be able to do it."

Let's take the important parts step-by-step.

"something has to possibility of being done" roughly translates to "X can be done", which means X has a non-zero probability of happening.

"doesn't mean you will actually be able to do it" roughly translates to "X is not guaranteed to be doable", which means that X is not 100%

What you just said in this one sentence is that X is neither 0%, nor 100%. In summary "X can, but is not guaranteed to happen", or in context "items can, but are not guaranteed to be upgradeable"

By this point, you have contradicted yourself.

But that's just the contradiction part. The real comedy gold came from "they cannot be upgraded because there are no instructions on HOW.". Which is why I said that just because YOU don't know how to do it, doesn't meant it's not doable. It just means you have yet to figure out how.

Why must we go about comparing our education levels? What does that have to do with being wrong about something?

A
A
Why are you keeping to ask the same questions after people have answered them a dozen times already?

And why does no one protect me from trolling like this and bans the spammers? ;-)

Last edited by Apocalypse; 01/08/14 10:15 PM.
Support
Support

If you click on a user's name and then 'View profile' there is an option to 'Ignore this user'.
Spammers do get banned, and there are security upgrades planned for the forum, which will hopefully limit the problem in the first place.

veteran
veteran
The OP is the same person who brought you this gem;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zThxP55Cqeo&feature=player_embedded

Total freakout since D:OS uses British English rather than American English. Need help text to explain a green V box. Needs to be told to click an enemy?

It's HILARIOUS.
Also, makes it totally obvious he's a gigantic troll and we should ignore all he says...

S
S
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
The OP is the same person who brought you this gem;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zThxP55Cqeo&feature=player_embedded

Total freakout since D:OS uses British English rather than American English. Need help text to explain a green V box. Needs to be told to click an enemy?

It's HILARIOUS.
Also, makes it totally obvious he's a gigantic troll and we should ignore all he says...

I actually watched the entire video. I then spotted his channel had EIGHTY - FIVE (85) others.

Comedy gold moments:

1) Not understanding American vrs British english spelling differences

2) Not understanding Skill vrs Talent. Hint - talents do things skills do not. e.g. Pet Talk. Glass Cannon. Lone Wolf. To break it down: skills are numerically incremental increases (e.g. 10, 20, 30%) while Talents are one-off unqiue effects (e.g. +50% situational damage, talking to NPC animals, etc etc). There, he is enlightened in 10 seconds of mouse over their names.

3) Ranting about a tutorial box not disappearing when it has a huge green check mark to click to get rid of it. Seriously. A huge green button to click. Must be un-American.

4) Complaining that a body, covered in blood, with an obvious scroll next to it requires the developers to announce it... because your character voicing a "look at that body!" could be generic back story about orcs. Yes. Oh Yes.

And so on.

And, comedy gold - here is him complaining about being banned from another community for his antics. Here he got banned from Steam. Then went to a lawyer. I think Steam banned him after the Van Helsing community banned him & he went postal, but the nasal tone and aspergers prevents me from delving deeper.

The farce is strong here. But seriously, laughing at mental illness is not ok.

Last edited by SteamUser; 02/08/14 01:26 AM.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
The OP is the same person who brought you this gem...

Damn good catch!

veteran
veteran
Can't take credit... I saw it posted on another board (where apparently he's also recalled as troll, heh) and watching it went 'hey, that username sounds mighty familiar... THIS EXPLAINS A LOT'...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard