Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 33 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 32 33
K
stranger
stranger
K
Hi again, I tried (feverishly) to get the LSTOOL editor to work but to no avail. Just no way around that annoying "procedure entry point to dynamic library link library MSVCR110.dll" error.

Anyway, after looking at the more recent posts, a certain DAIRYMOOSE has produced a more interesting editor. I checked his latest rendition to this editor so far and this is the blasted error messaged that I'm getting...

Error Message 1:

[MooseEdit]

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Error Message 2:

[Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library}

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

.... either I have reinstall ALL versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable again (which I tried for the LSTOOL editor but failed, or I to reinstall my Windows 7 OS. Could anyone suggest another procedure for DAIRYMOOSE's editor, thanks again in advance. His work sure looks promising and it would be interesting to see it in the NEXUSMods site.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by kellcooz
Hi again, I tried (feverishly) to get the LSTOOL editor to work but to no avail. Just no way around that annoying "procedure entry point to dynamic library link library MSVCR110.dll" error.

Anyway, after looking at the more recent posts, a certain DAIRYMOOSE has produced a more interesting editor. I checked his latest rendition to this editor so far and this is the blasted error messaged that I'm getting...

Error Message 1:

[MooseEdit]

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows".

Error Message 2:

.... either I have reinstall ALL versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable again (which I tried for the LSTOOL editor but failed, or I to reinstall my Windows 7 OS. Could anyone suggest another procedure for DAIRYMOOSE's editor, thanks again in advance. His work sure looks promising and it would be interesting to see it in the NEXUSMods site.

This error can be reproduced by renaming the "platforms" directory to something else (or the DLL contained therein). Therefore it is likely the program can't find this. Are you running the program without extracting?

Fully extracted, the program folder should have the following structure:
Code
mEdit_alpha7
|   icudt52.dll
|   icuin52.dll
|   icuuc52.dll
|   libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
|   libstdc++-6.dll
|   libwinpthread-1.dll
|   license.txt
|   MooseEdit.exe
|   Qt5Core.dll
|   Qt5Gui.dll
|   Qt5Widgets.dll
|
|---accessible
|       qtaccessiblewidgets.dll
|
|---imageformats
|       qdds.dll
|
|---platforms
        qwindows.dll

Last edited by Dairymoose; 31/07/14 08:28 PM.
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
One question: do you guys know where we can activate the tenebrium skill for a character?

When you finish the quest to Brandon the game reveals the Tenebrium skill and Brandon gives a permanent +1 Boost to this skill to all party members present at the time.

I did a simple experiment and went and finished this quest before even talking with Madora and Jahan, then the two main characters got the Tenebrium skill, but Madora and Jahan weren't there so they didn't get the skill.

So, unless these are tied together, i'd be interested in how to add the tenebrium ability (boost itself is irrelevant as we all can just add 1 more skill point or buy a book from the teller of secrets).

Since it's a boost, it's not shown on the abilities tab of character on the editor, because there are only the points actually spent =P.

Last edited by kurausu; 31/07/14 08:58 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
While the game loads the story for the first time is when your tenebrium ablility (Blackrock in the editor) gets hidden. This happens in the INIT section of the LUC_MineBlackRock goal with the CharacterLockAbility() function.

For companions (Madora/Jahan), this change happens in "Proc_LimitAbilitiesForCompanion" in the Global_Companion goal.

For some reason the only times this ability gets unlocked in the story files are for the player characters, so it might be that the quest is the only way for madora or jahan to unlock the ability.

It might be possible that they suddenly 'learn' how to do it when you re-hire them after a level up (since they'll get experience to get on your level).

edit: I forgot what thread I was posting in while typing. If you mean where to set it in the editor; no idea.

Last edited by ck06; 31/07/14 10:13 PM.

-ck06
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Dairymoose
Originally Posted by kellcooz

Error Message 1:

[MooseEdit]

Error Message 2:

This error can be reproduced by renaming the "platforms" directory to something else (or the DLL contained therein). Therefore it is likely the program can't find this. Are you running the program without extracting?

Fully extracted, the program folder should have the following structure:
Code
mEdit_alpha7
|   icudt52.dll
|   icuin52.dll
|   icuuc52.dll
|   libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
|   libstdc++-6.dll
|   libwinpthread-1.dll
|   license.txt
|   MooseEdit.exe
|   Qt5Core.dll
|   Qt5Gui.dll
|   Qt5Widgets.dll
|
|---accessible
|       qtaccessiblewidgets.dll
|
|---imageformats
|       qdds.dll
|
|---platforms
        qwindows.dll

It Worked... Thank you very much!

I normally don't use the EXTRACT HERE option when extracting packaged/compressed files, so that's my bad for being noobish. I decided to try the method on the LSTOOL Editor and it also worked. That's 2 save editors for me now, keep up good work guys, and sorry again for me being a noob.

K
stranger
stranger
K
This may be repetitive, but at the very least it could be useful for someone.

I have mapped each ability to its entry in the Character>PlayerData>PlayerCustomData>PlayerUpgrade category. It appears the format is just a 32 entry array, with 3 or 4 empty elements.

{Man-at-Arms, Marksman, Scoundrel, Single-Hand, Two-Hand, Tenebrium, Bow, Crossbow,
Shield, [Unknown], Armour, Witch, Telekinesis, Willpower, Pyro, Hydro, Aero, Geo,
Blacksmith, Sneak, Pickpocket, Lockpick, Loremaster, Craft, Barter, [Unknown], [Unknown], [Unknown],
Charisma, Leadership, Lucky, Body Build}
I have no idea what the [Unknown]s are, but I believe the last three are just for spacing so that it stays in a power of 2 size. The first one seems to be some form of armor, but I haven't seen any yet.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Yeah, i was thinking about setting it on the editor because i tested it and nobody else gets the Tenebrium skill (I have a separate character for bartering and neither he nor jahan and madora get the skill if i tell them to leave and then get them back) after that quest, which leads me to believe it's a one-time event.

The only other source for the tenebrium skill would be the book, and it doesn't solve things for the 4th character.

Kekasi #533960 01/08/14 05:17 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kekasi
I have no idea what the [Unknown]s are, but I believe the last three are just for spacing so that it stays in a power of 2 size. The first one seems to be some form of armor, but I haven't seen any yet.

I'm going to guess...
Repair, Intimidate, Charm and Reason...
(So the deleted skills basically)

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by HerrRuin
Iï½´ve got the same issue like Genus:
"When I load the .exe it complains about not being able to find registry entries but loads after I hit "Ok". I had tried to load a few savegames but every time I click "Load" the program crashes after about 5 seconds."

After starting the mooseedit.exe i get the message "Failed to open registry key:2"

Any suggestions would be great! Thx smile

Hello. got the same problem like HerrRuin.
Message of registry key 2 missing.
And the editor crash after hit the "load" button.

And yes i choose the good folder, yes i've tried all the Alpha from 1 to 7, with all my saves with mod and with my old save without mod but nothing to do, still crash T_T

Please Helpppp. thankyou

No faith
A
stranger
stranger
A
Hello there,

I wanted to resurrect a character (the mayor) thanks to lstools
I succeeded in bring it back to life, but I can't talk to him with my hero (except when my kindness is -50 or unless I speak to him with a companion)

I compared all the features in "character" with a new backup or the character is alive, and even putting the same features, I still can not talk to him.

Have you any idea? Should we change another feature?

thank you very much and sorry for my english

J
stranger
stranger
J
Hello I've noticed lots of people experiencing problems with MooseEdit when it comes to editing weapons or sometimes even armors which results in saves breaking, crashes and etc. and I have found a small alternative until this is fixed:

1. Pick up any random misc item or ingredient.
2. Save your game then load it on MooseEdit.
3. Select and edit the item you picked up.
4. Switch the base item to whatever weapon or armor you desire.
5. Add weapon, armor mods, or adjust the item level if you wish to do so.
6. Now you can switch the rarity to whatever you wish.
7. Save your changes and load your game!

It should work 100% without any issue i've done it several times without a single problem.

Important: You can switch the rarity even if you don't add any modifications to the weapon or armor but it won't be reflected in-game and will only show up as common. In order for it to show up correctly while doing this method you must add a mod then change the rarity.

Also once you edit the weapon and equip it don't attempt to re-edit the weapon or else you will experience crashing once again so make sure your mods and other adjustments are final!

Last edited by Joel; 01/08/14 08:07 PM.
Joel #534644 02/08/14 12:37 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Joel
Hello I've noticed lots of people experiencing problems with MooseEdit when it comes to editing weapons or sometimes even armors which results in saves breaking, crashes and etc. and I have found a small alternative until this is fixed:

1. Pick up any random misc item or ingredient.
2. Save your game then load it on MooseEdit.
3. Select and edit the item you picked up.
4. Switch the base item to whatever weapon or armor you desire.
5. Add weapon, armor mods, or adjust the item level if you wish to do so.
6. Now you can switch the rarity to whatever you wish.
7. Save your changes and load your game!

It should work 100% without any issue i've done it several times without a single problem.

Important: You can switch the rarity even if you don't add any modifications to the weapon or armor but it won't be reflected in-game and will only show up as common. In order for it to show up correctly while doing this method you must add a mod then change the rarity.

Also once you edit the weapon and equip it don't attempt to re-edit the weapon or else you will experience crashing once again so make sure your mods and other adjustments are final!

I'm actually confused by this. How did you get it to crash? I am aware of a few ways to make it crash that I do plan on fixing, but these scenarios should be pretty rare in practice.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Hey! Thanks for your reply well when I try to edit existing weapons no matter what I do once I save my changes and ready to load it up my game crashes 100% of the time that's all it takes.. this is the only way I got it to work so just thought I would share it's a little complicated I suppose.

V
stranger
stranger
V
@Dairymoose
So what about "Failed to open registry key:2" problem?

G
stranger
stranger
G
I'm also getting the "Failed to open registry key:2"

I imagine that it's failing to read/write the registry keys so it can store the location of the save files and game data.

However, that sounds like I'm bitching and I'm not wink I'm VERY grateful for such a nice tool, if I can help out in any way I'd be more than happy to! Many thanks to DairyMoose for this! I appreciate all the time and effort you've put into making this smile

D
OP Offline
D
New version alpha8.

I got rid of the registry key message (this appears if you don't have a steam installation and it can't resolve the game data/save folder paths). If anyone knows about registry keys to find the game installation path for a non-steam installation, I can add it.

Changes:
Fixed several potential crashes
Added "Talents" editor
Added tooltips for shields
Fixed in-game crash that would often occur when changing a weapon/armor/shield's level

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xggb2364417f4/MooseEdit

Last edited by Dairymoose; 02/08/14 07:58 PM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
Thanks for the update moose! Keep it up.

stranger
stranger
Is there a way to use this to trick the game into thinking I have all the bloodstones? I did legitimately collect them, but the game isn't giving me credit for them and therefore, I can't progress through the Source Temple.

Thanks!

L
stranger
stranger
L
AWESOME work - love it so far.
i was wondering where i edit the traits? i can find the trait "score" as in "how far i am into it" but cant find the play where i edit if im either Pragmatic or Romantic (for example)

ty!
also amazing job on the editor

V
stranger
stranger
V
@Dairymoose
Non-steam install has no normal registry keys. You can give me .reg file with steam-version registry keys so i just edit it for my version.

PS Sry for my english laugh

PSS New version works. Nice. Thx.

Last edited by VirgilSouth; 03/08/14 12:00 PM.
Page 8 of 33 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard