Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
stranger
stranger
A
Rhidian: I'm trying to get this mod (either version) working with an existing game save, with no luck. The method that I am using involves dropping the game mod files into the Data directory, going into the game and checkmarking and Activating your mod, then starting a new game. I save my game with the mod active, and then drop the meta.lsb from the mod-active save into the vanilla-game save.

Unfortunately, beyond screwing up the in-game "Day X" timer and plopping me into a strange location when I first load the save, it does not work. I don't care about multiplayer - is there a way to do this by dropping it into the "Main" folder? I know this would "corrupt" Main, but again I don't care about multiplayer and I can deal with the popup messages.

Thanks for your help, I can't wait to get it working... I've got both characters itching for a respec! smile

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
1) Are you activating any other mods as well? Multiple mod activations will introduce conflicts

2) In your save game, did you already talk to the NPC you're looking to buy a book from at your current level already? NPCs don't restock their inventory unless you have leveled up since you last talked to them.

A
stranger
stranger
A
No other mods, just yours. I haven't talked to any of the NPCs I'm bartering with since I last leveled up - I'm able to savescum (and have been, fruitlessly, for Eye Gouge, Burning Blaze, et al until I realized what was going on), so the inventory's being generated when I talk to them the first time presumably.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Just FYI, I managed to sidestep the problem by using the WIP savegame editor to just edit in the books I need. Thank you for your quick response to my question - please don't go to any further trouble on my account. I'm looking forward to having this mod enabled from the start of my next run through the game!

N
stranger
stranger
N
Rhidian: thanks for the mod, but I have really serious problem here while using it - the description of skills is mess up, and so do the skill.

For example, I have skill Water shield, before using your mod, it's create a shield water; after applied your mod, its description becomes the description of Fire shield, and now it create a... fire shield whenever I use it.

So, I want to ask if i did anything wrong, 'cause all I do is paste mod into Data folder, done. Ah, and I'm using the old save, not the new one.

Last edited by nospada; 01/08/14 01:53 PM.
R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
I have recently updated this mod so that it doesn't overwrite the original SkillData.txt at all (which is what should have been causing the issue). You might have to redownload the Version 2 link (or if all else fails, Version 1 which doesn't touch Dust Devil at all).

D
stranger
stranger
D
Were you able to get boulder dash in testing? I can tell the mod is working on a new game I created because I see burning blaze, poison arrow, etc.

However, boulder dash is not appearing no matter how many reloads I do at Arhu (At around 30 now). I'm concerned the relation between Dash and Bash may be causing all boulder-dash books to be boulder-bash (It occurs when you try to make a dash scroll into a dash book in base game, the scroll turns into a bash book.).

If there are level requirements that could also be an issue, but since I'm seeing high level spells on Arhu I'm assuming that isn't the issue.

I'm using version 1 since I'm using this mod for a double-mage lone wolf playthrough and won't need dust devil.

Last edited by Diseenith; 01/08/14 10:41 PM.
R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
After trying it myself, I have to say that you're right; I haven't been able to see Boulder Dash as a Skillbook either, even after I tried switching its link from SkillbookEarth to SkillbookFire.

Theoretically, it should be working. Boulder Dash has its own SkillData entry (with Skillbook name), there is a RootTemplate for a skillbook that points to the correct skill, and the Link file correctly links the GUID of the RootTemplate to the SkillData. And yet it alone does not appear to work.

The Localization entries do not appear to be the issue; adding the Skill directly to my character at Creation (through tweaks to the mod) enabled me to use the correct skill. The Boulder Bash books did not say "You already have learned this skill" when I browsed Arhu's stock with Boulder Dash in my skillbar.

I honestly don't know why Boulder Dash appears to be the exception; it uses the same patterns that every other skillbook use. I suppose I'll have to make a psuedo version of Boulder Dash as well.

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
I figured out the issue. It appears that I was mistaken; my Links entry for Eye Gouge and Boulder Dash were incorrectly formatted.

Here is what I had:
Code
object itemstat "SKILLBOOK_Rogue_Target_EyeGouge","ddbf2d7d-a2b4-4d15-87e2-98653d14964e","SkillbookRogue",0,0,"",1,1,8,0,5,20
object itemstat "SKILLBOOK_Boulder_BoulderDash","10b17363-398f-471d-bfbb-937b3a66ae04","SkillbookEarth",0,0,"",1,1,8,0,2,20

And here is what I needed to have:
Code
object itemstat "SKILLBOOK_Rogue_Target_EyeGouge","ddbf2d7d-a2b4-4d15-87e2-98653d14964e","",0,0,"SkillbookRogue",1,1,8,0,5,20
object itemstat "SKILLBOOK_Boulder_BoulderDash","10b17363-398f-471d-bfbb-937b3a66ae04","",0,0,"SkillbookEarth",1,1,8,0,2,20

Updated version shall be up soon...

Edit:
The link for V2 has been replaced with the updated version. It turns out that my formatting for Invulnerability was wrong as well. All of the skills should be working as intended now.

Link is here-
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ecs0nvybyc2lkwt/PurchasableSkillbooksV2.zip

Edit #2:
Version 1 (without Dust Devil) has been corrected and replaced as well.

Last edited by Rhidian; 02/08/14 04:43 AM.
R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
Module is now available on the D:OS Nexus-
http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/30/?

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Rhidian
I have recently updated this mod so that it doesn't overwrite the original SkillData.txt at all (which is what should have been causing the issue). You might have to re-download the Version 2 link (or if all else fails, Version 1 which doesn't touch Dust Devil at all).

I haven't try the new one, but with the old one, even after I unchecked the mod, the problem is still there, and I have to re-install the game. Well, just let you know.

Again, thanks for the mod smile

N
stranger
stranger
N
HI Rhidian. I've try the new ver of mod, it seems like there are still skills that have different effect than their name.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hi Rhidian,

Any chance that you can add tome of body mastery & compendium of mortal techniques?

I know that they are not classed as skillbooks but silence

Thanks in advance!

stranger
stranger
I am using a mod already, that adds missing or broken crafting recipies. I really need it, but I really need those skillbooks also. So, I already know how to use the main.lsb from a new savegame with a mod activated and replace my current savegame's file with it. The problem is, two mods, tricky. You mention that I can do it by simply using your PurchasableSkillbooks.txt. Alright. But where should I paste that? That is my question. The recipes mod path is ..\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Public\Fixed_and_Missing_Recipes_85e5adf9-1a66-412d-b24f-71d59331859b\Stats and in there, there are just two files, ItemComboPreviews.lsx and ItemCombos.txt, no folders. Should I copy PurchasableSkillbooks.txt in there or create a folder called Generated and then copy it in it? I guess the second one yes? Will it work??? Please awesome mod-maker, enlighten your humble pupil. smile

UPDATE: Yes it worked just fine. I simply copied the "Generated" folder there and there are my shiny new skills. smile Thank you.

Last edited by 613 The Evil; 05/08/14 04:05 PM.
R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
You will want to copy over the Stats/Generated/ folder from my mod into the Crafting mod's Stats folder. You would also want to copy over the RootTemplate folder to the Public/CraftingMod/ folder as well, since that has the Dust Devil book.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I have the Mac version of D:OS from Steam, and installing the new version of the mod (just found it last night), the mod doesn't seem to work right. When I create a new game with this mod enabled, all of the skills from character select are messed up.

As an example, I select Scarlet as a Knight. Then I customize her to have Witchcraft and pick Bloodletting. At that point, the icon looks like Bloodletting, and the spell label is "Bloodletting" but the tooltip description seems to be the Geomancer poison skill. If I go ahead and create the game, hitting the "Bloodletting" icon does indeed cast the Geomancer poison spell (and the tooltip reads as if it were poison). This is 100% reproducible for me. Similarly, if I pick the Geomance "Summon Spider" spell, the spell I actually get is "Blood Swarm" (also 100% reproducible).

Hopefully that helps you debug this, it's a great idea for a mod (and honestly addresses something the devs should just fix)!

stranger
stranger
Thanks for a great mod!

Perhaps someone already mention it but if you could mod the mod (lol) to make all scrolls craftable into skillbooks it would be great!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hmmm. No one else has a problem with this mod and starting skills being messed up? Is anyone successfully using the current version of this mod on the Mac with the Steam version of the game?

M
stranger
stranger
M
I don't know if this works for the Mac version or not, but it's worth a shot. I noticed that whenever the game loads a new mod, it tends to break. That is if I switch from Main to Purchasable skillbooks, or another mod for that matter, when I start a new game or try to load the mod into another save, the skills are usually messed up and will either cause the game to crash when trying to use them or simply do nothing at all or as Skyria mentioned above, use an entirely different skill. My solution on the PC is to actually activate the mod in game, then quit out of the game and reload the game with that mod activated at the start. This forces the game to reload the entire package which it doesn't seem to do correctly when you simply switch in game. Dunno if that will fix your problem Skyria, but it seemed to work 100% of the time for me on the PC version so it's probably worth a shot at least.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I am definitely seeing the weird skills issue in my mod. I'm finding problems left and right so I just assumed I'd broken yet another thing and put it down to my own error.

Selfishly, I'm somewhat delighted to see here that it's an editor problem and I can stop trying to fix what I (assumed I) did wrong.

[Linked Image]
(EDIT: image has come out all blurry, sorry. in case it's difficult to make out, this is my character's Rage ability, in which he would like to spin in a circle doing crushing damage.)

If I had to guess what was causing it, I'd say that the game engine has trouble accessing custom .txt files from the public portion of the .pak on initial load.

Last edited by Noaloha; 11/08/14 05:33 AM.

Escape From Smalcatraz: Steam/Nexus. Forum thread.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard