Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
M
stranger
stranger
M
My game still continue to freeze when ever there is a loading, saving or changing zones going on. Ran the Support tool and seems like my problem is because of my hardware. I get a failed check on RAM since the game recommends 2048 mb RAM and the support tool says I only have 2047 smile.

Support
Support

The support tool isn't meant to be a comprehensive test, just a quick check (2GB RAM is on the low side, but the 1MB difference is insignificant).

F
stranger
stranger
F
Allright thanks for the update Raze.

D
stranger
stranger
D
has Larian given up? it's been a week since the last patch and the problem is not solved yet.

Support
Support

No, of course not. Most have taken a couple week break, though (after working long hours for an extended period, as the release was delayed a couple times to add more things), and will be back August 4th. This is a high priority issue, but everyone's vacations were already delayed until after the patch.

F
stranger
stranger
F
I hope they enjoy their well deserved vacation. At least we have an approx. date.

I'll come back later. Ta-ta!

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi there!

Well, i have several questions and as it is w-e i hope some nice forumers or mods/team Larian could help me out.

To put it simply, i am experiencing this so-called Black Cove issues. I tried to read every information i could get from this thread but response seems mixed between a general issue of save and my own issue.

So, i didn't really get which solution was proposed for which issues.
If someone could be kind enough to make a post or sticky with the appropriate solution to try i'd be grateful. As, i am no english and i don't really understand every things being said (technical stuff).

Anyway, my issue is peculiar as i can't get out of Black Cove but can save (game is crashing before uploading the next area, i can only go to the end of time..but same issue, i can go anywhere but here).

The thing is it isn't my first playthrough and i had no problem getting out etc of Black Cove the first time i went there.

I am on steam so i guess i've got the last patch? If that's the case then it didn't solve the problem at all. In my case it's even worse since..i didn't have the Black Cove issue in the first place.

So, other question, if is that problem only an occurence with Black Cove? Or is there another zone i should avoid. I have others saves before i went in, if i go in Black Cove will the same result happens each time? (dumb question, i know but i don't get how i had no issue on my first playthrough and now..i do).

On another side it annoys me since, i did that playthrough to get all achievements..and if i don't do Black Cove i'll miss some.

Thanks for reading and i do hope you'll get a solution soon enough Larian.
Your game, i won't say it is the best game i've ever played. But it's a work of love and you can feel that love in every pixel. You're really worth respecting and having been on your Kickstarter, i am really proud if i've contributed a bit (btw i don't find my nick or name in the credits but who cares ?:p).

Great, great game. For me to create several playthrough and trying to have every achievements.
I can't remember the last game i did that for.

Last edited by Dawn_; 25/07/14 02:50 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Raze

No, of course not. Most have taken a couple week break, though (after working long hours for an extended period, as the release was delayed a couple times to add more things), and will be back August 4th. This is a high priority issue, but everyone's vacations were already delayed until after the patch.

sorry raze, didn't think about vacation time. let's hope they enjoy their vacation, recharge their batteries and come back full of creativity. I know from experience how it feels to work long hours for an extended period of time.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Just Bumping the post to keep this bug near the top.... Please don't forget about us after you get back from vacation!

Looking forward to playing the game as soon as this save bug is resolved!

D
stranger
stranger
D
i finally gave in and switched my system to 64 bit. NOT ONE CRASH! Larian, if you ever needed a confirmation. that it's mainly the 32 bit systems, here it is. interesting side aspect: my wife still uses a 32 bit system, which barely meets the minimum requirements, but since we're running the gamee (and all the saves) on my machine, she can join and play allong with absolutely no problems.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Hello Larian & all,

I enjoyed D:OS for already more than 90 hours on Steam, from my 32 bits Win7 PC laptop, I went to Hilberheim, chased Goblins, took my time, got delighted by the game. The problems I got were happening when trying to save for the third time while in a game session, computer would return to Windows or stay on the save screen forever, but well, I got used to it, never saving more than twice then closing the game and restarting it after 2nd save.

Unfortunately the issue I'm facing now is related to loading maps. I decided to go back to Cyseal to make sure I haven't forgotten anything there. It crashed several times when I used the 'teleport' way, then I went to Luculla's brigde to go back to Cyseal and eventually it worked.

Problem? Now that I want to go back to Luculla, no way smile Either via teleport or trying to cross the bridge, the game crash and returns to Windows.

I can't play too much with my laptop's settings, ahem, it's my work laptop. So I can't try the 32 bits trick I saw around.

Would any of you be able to recommend me something that could help me to continue enjoying the game? It's been ~5 days I can't play anywhere else than Cyseal and I really want to finish the game smile

Thanks for any hint, have a nice time playing!

Support
Support

You could try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and renaming the 'Divinity Original Sin' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing.
After that, start D:OS, create a new profile, exit and copy your latest save from the renamed folder to the newly created profile's savegames folder.
If that doesn't help, you can delete the new D:OS folder and rename your original back again.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Francil - i had the same issue, with loading screens ( while saving, loading a map, etc..) and the best workaround i found was to save exactly in front of where you wanted to go. So try saving just in front of the bridge, quit the game, relaunch it and try again from your last save.

That's how i'm bypassing the save game crash issue, and how i managed to get to HOmestead / end times for the first time. The game would crash during load screen for homestead / EOT wherever i tried to access it from (healer's house, burning field @ church, room at the inn in Cyseal). So i saved a the game just in front of the room @Cyseal's inn after asking the guard to open the door. Left the game, relaunched it, entered the room directly and it worked).

F
stranger
stranger
F
Thanks Raze & Fonq,

I'm gonna try Raze's advice, because I already do as Fonq describe, I've saved just in front of Cyseal's wooden bridge to Luculla and tried a dozen of times to cross it, loading and clicking on the bridge.

Thanks for your quick help, guys!

S
stranger
stranger
S
I tried two solutions suggested for another game, that frequently crashed on loading attempts for many players. Saving and Loading is similar, so I tried it for Divinity too. It seems to work, but I'm not certain about which of the two helped, because I haven't played a few days until today. So maybe it's another thing but also maybe it helps:

I installed an older version of the ati video driver, 12.8 to be exact. I previously had the latest one, 14.4 and suffered from the saving bug.

Steam Users: Open the Library, right click on Divinity -> Properties -> click on Set launch settings and put -swa into the window.

For the Standalone version I don't know the precise command, -softwareaudio worked for the other game. Right click on the desktop symbol of Divinity -> Properties and put -softwareaudio at the end of the path where your exe is located.

Next time you start Divinity it's possible that in the first few minutes and especially on the first saving attempt performance is worse, but it should save correctly.

What should this command do: it forces the use of generic software audio device, if the saving issue is sound card related, it maybe helps.

I'd suggest to first try the -swa/-softwareaudio thing and if this doesn't help, try installing an older graphics card driver.

Last edited by Salumba; 01/08/14 04:08 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
If these 32 bit saving issues aren't fixed soon I think I will want a refund.

Support
Support

When Larian gets back from vacation (which were delayed when the game release was moved back, and again until after the patch) on Monday, this is one of several high priority issues to be dealt with. There have already been several patches with memory and other optimizations, and there will be more.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hey

Just created an account to tell you that I experienced the save crash bug. Thankfully the information posted by the user Boston on page 2 solved the problem. Today I was able to play the game for 3 hours without a single crash claphands

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by bezner27
Hey

Just created an account to tell you that I experienced the save crash bug. Thankfully the information posted by the user Boston on page 2 solved the problem. Today I was able to play the game for 3 hours without a single crash claphands

Yeah I did this to even be able to start Wasteland 2 today smile
After that I tried to play DOS and played several hours straight now while loading and saving and changing zones all without crashes and hangups smile

Here is what needs to be done:

http://windows7themes.net/en-us/32-...increase-ram-used-by-single-application/

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard