Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Ichthyic
I actually had an air staff result from combining two branches

it shouldn't work. did they release a new patch and I just didn't notice?

*runs off to test*

EDIT:

just ran 45 staffs.

got pretty close to equal ratios of earth, fire, water. no air.

no random ability assignments either.

you are mistaken. You probably had a normal air staff you found somewhere already in your inventory, and thought it was one you made.

I was surprised your test was not conclusive, so I did some testing, too. I looked at the Captain's inventory and there they were, 2 hand crafted, polished air staffs (level 9) that I sold to him, both with +1 lucky charm. When I tried to replicate it (now level 14) I didn't get a single one... but now I was making superior staves. When I took off my crafting belt and went down to rank 4 crafting, I got a polished air staff on my 3rd try (had + lucky charm again).

journeyman
journeyman
[Crafting 2] Boosted Cloth Apparel = Cloth Apparel + Earth Essence (+ Earth Resistance, Changes color of the Apparel)

I guess this information is not correct! I got Crafting 2 ... +1 by trait, +1 due to equip... just got an Earth Essence and couldn't combine neither with my Cloth Bracers nor with my Cloth Armour/Helmet. Could use only on my Source Hunter Sarong.

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade
I was surprised your test was not conclusive, so I did some testing, too. I looked at the Captain's inventory and there they were, 2 hand crafted, polished air staffs (level 9) that I sold to him, both with +1 lucky charm. When I tried to replicate it (now level 14) I didn't get a single one... but now I was making superior staves. When I took off my crafting belt and went down to rank 4 crafting, I got a polished air staff on my 3rd try (had + lucky charm again).

Your observation is correct and actually not a mystery. In the game file there are several instructions for how to create staffs, one for each combination. The 8 ones that create the four staffs with or without Lucky Charm are all correct. So with Crafting 2 the 4 instructions that create them without Lucky Charm are used. With Crafting 3 or 4 the instructions that create them with Lucky Charm are used. With Crafting 5 there are 12 instructions that should create all 12 possible staffs (4 staff types x 3 bonus types). But due to a copy and paste error in the game files those 12 instructions are actually only 3 instructions copied 4 times.

Last edited by ivra; 02/08/14 07:01 AM.
ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Trainspottingg
[Crafting 2] Boosted Cloth Apparel = Cloth Apparel + Earth Essence (+ Earth Resistance, Changes color of the Apparel)

I guess this information is not correct! I got Crafting 2 ... +1 by trait, +1 due to equip... just got an Earth Essence and couldn't combine neither with my Cloth Bracers nor with my Cloth Armour/Helmet. Could use only on my Source Hunter Sarong.

You have stumbled upon one of the formulas I believe have the highest number of exceptions. It works, but there are a lot of cloth apparels that refuse to be upgraded no matter what crafting level you have. For instance, I just tried it on the following 8 cloth apparel items with the following result:

Good Cloth Cap - Failure
Old Cloth Cap - Failure
Cloth Shoes - Failure
Hand-crafted Boots - Failure
Thin Cloth Armour - Success
Homemade Robe - Success
Source Hunter Sarrong - Success
Terra Serrong of Education - Success

Now, this might seems to indicate that the formula does not work on cloth helmets and cloth boots, but I have seen so many exceptions and counter-exceptions that I decided to write this formulas as general as possible and then specify in the starting notes that there might be exceptions to the formulas with generic items.

Last edited by ivra; 02/08/14 07:19 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Thanks for answering! It seems the game is surrounded by errors/bugs. I'm still level 2 on my solo career but I have found already 4 minor errors and a big one, that allowed me to duplicate an armor.

Last edited by Trainspottingg; 02/08/14 07:32 AM.
stranger
stranger
Off topic: i couldn't help myself. I've been using the resources your guys provided and work hardly and relentlessly for, and it just didn't feel right to not, at least, register and post a thank you.

I guess there are thousands (actually, i think every player of this game ends up on this thread eventually, i`m sure of it) who use your work on a daily basis, guys. On behalf of all of us out there:

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS smile

P.S. - i for one, wouldn't mind if you would setup a pay pal donation account for your daily work here.

Last edited by Salahadin; 02/08/14 04:03 PM.
ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Salahadin
Off topic: i couldn't help myself. I've been using the resources your guys provided and work hardly and relentlessly for, and it just didn't feel right to not, at least, register and post a thank you.

I guess there are thousands (actually, i think every player of this game ends up on this thread eventually, i`m sure of it) who use your work on a daily basis, guys. On behalf of all of us out there:

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS smile

You're welcome smile

Originally Posted by Salahadin
P.S. - i for one, wouldn't mind if you would setup a pay pal donation account for your daily work here.

hehe. Thanks, but that won't be necessary.

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
The lists have been updated to version 6. Enjoy!

journeyman
journeyman
Amazing job indeed! I've heard that Larian's staff members will be back of vacation, hope that they fix some craft stuff soon, this way that list will be much bigger smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just for reference, a washtub - with or without boards - has exactly one use: they are fireproof, and therefore can safely be used to block traps like the one in the Boar's Head Inn basement (one trap is a poison gas vent; a second trap shoots a fireball at the poison gas vent), or in the Black Cove.

This is the reason why you don't see barrel lids anymore. The downside to carrying around washtubs for this purpose is, they weigh 10 pounds each. Barrel lids weighed about a pound, if I remember correctly.

This has nothing to do with crafting, but you called the washtubs "Completely Useless", and the ones with a board are just as useful here as the ones without. "No Effect" would be more accurate.

Call me a pedant. Go on, I can take it.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Help! I've been trying to craft the Buffalo Sabre and it's not working. I have 4 Crafting (1 base, 1 pragmatic, 1 scientist perk, and 1 from items) and when I try to combine the two items they just swap. No menu, and no prompt above my character telling me I don't have a high enough crafting level.

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by PeteNewell
Just for reference, a washtub - with or without boards have exactly one use: they are fireproof, and therefore can safely be used to block traps like the one in the Boar's Head Inn basement (one trap is a poison gas vent; a second trap shoots a fireball at the poison gas vent), or in the Black Cove.

This is the reason why you don't see barrel lids anymore. The downside to carrying around washtubs for this purpose is, they weigh 10 pounds each. Barrel lids weighed about a pound, if I remember correctly.

This has nothing to do with crafting, but you called the washtubs "Completely Useless", and the ones with a board are just as useful here as the ones without. "No Effect" would be more accurate.

Call me a pedant. Go on, I can take it.

Good point. I have just removed the comment about being completely useless. It will not be there in the next version.

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Cannibouillon
Help! I've been trying to craft the Buffalo Sabre and it's not working. I have 4 Crafting (1 base, 1 pragmatic, 1 scientist perk, and 1 from items) and when I try to combine the two items they just swap. No menu, and no prompt above my character telling me I don't have a high enough crafting level.

Are you sure you have the correct items? Buffalo Sabre is a very special formula that combine two unique items. Make sure you have the items called "Buffalo Amulet" and "Old Sabre". It does not work with any other weapon than the unique weapon called "Old Sabre".

H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by ivra

You have stumbled upon one of the formulas I believe have the highest number of exceptions.

Good Cloth Cap - Failure
Old Cloth Cap - Failure
Cloth Shoes - Failure
Hand-crafted Boots - Failure
Thin Cloth Armour - Success
Homemade Robe - Success
Source Hunter Sarrong - Success
Terra Serrong of Education - Success

Helm and boots for leather do not work either for enchanting. I did not test metal but I would guess those are broken right now as well.

Also I cannot add metal scraps, scaled scraps nor leather to cloth Robe nor any type of leather aside from leather armor.

Confirmed, cannot imbue metal boots with ruby nor any essence.

Last edited by Hurk; 03/08/14 08:09 AM.
addict
addict
Divinity Original Sin - Crafting - GUIDE - Tenebrium/Tools/Armor/Weapons - Guide/Tutorial/Tips 1080p [/size][/color]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycdta6ndv64&index=1&list=PLeusrXH_hwph41o65WJLTG_jfDCTtJWpv

Divinity Original Sin - How to Handle Tenebrium - Skill Book GUIDE - Act 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTT...;list=PLeusrXH_hwph41o65WJLTG_jfDCTtJWpv

===========================
Divinity Original Sin - How to Handle Tenebrium Skill - You Keep Me Rockin - Truth Be Told - Achievement Guide - Act2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC9uFu5rp2s

C
stranger
stranger
C
Please stop spamming Gamezglitchz...

J
stranger
stranger
J
Is it really necessary to post your "awesome" tutorials on literally every page in this thread? If you desperatly want to contribute, than why donï½´t write ivra a pm with the suggestion to put your vids in the very first thread?
Do you need attention or what?

journeyman
journeyman
I think that I found another error on crafting in-game stuff (don't tell me!). I did some tests. Making a Leather Armour with Craft 3 you'll get a Hand-crafted Leather Armour, at Craft 2 you'll get a Homemade Leather Armour. But they have the same stats, everything is equal! I guess it's a bug, what you guys think?

Doing the same test but crafting a single Boots (Cloth Scraps + Anvil) you'll get two items with the same name description (Hand-crafted Boots), but with different stats. Exactly the opposite of my first example! This is contradictory, it isn't?

What to say about doing a Leather Boots (Leather Scraps + Anvil), that requires C2 (less than a single Boots that requires C1(Cloth Scraps + Anvil)) but comparing their stats you find that they are the same, and you can get a bonus earlier making a Boots (C3) while making a Leather Boots is C5. Not to say that, imo Cloth Scraps sounds easier to find than Leather Scraps.

It's not a big thing, but sounds contradictory, at least for me.

Last edited by Trainspottingg; 04/08/14 01:54 AM.
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
don't know if others have said the same but eventually, when a complete guide is officially released in-game grin , it would be cool to have the same but per ingredient. A link to each, for example.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
I can't find how to make metal scraps.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard