Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I just encountered a game breaking bug in the murder quest (won't mention spoilers). After searching the forums, I realized that this was reported by another player several weeks ago. I won't go into details but suffice to say that after 50+ hours of gameplay I have to restart the game, which I will not.

Hence, I'm not going to continue playing this or any other software from this company. They are extremely unprofessional and do nothing to address an obvious game breaking issue several weeks after release.

K
K
They fixed several common game breaking bugs already, the one you are describing is extremely rare, not to mention that the devs went on vacation for a little bit after rolling out several patches.
Please inform yourself before posting drivel.

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Kriss
They fixed several common game breaking bugs already, the one you are describing is extremely rare, not to mention that the devs went on vacation for a little bit after rolling out several patches.
Please inform yourself before posting drivel.

It's not nonsense. If it is a game breaking bug it should be addressed.

Edit: LOL I just noticed bots posting on this forum. Wow what a disaster this place is. Figures.

Last edited by fixyourgame; 03/08/14 06:45 AM.
R
RtM Offline
R
cry

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Larian is currently on holiday. When they get back (on the 4th, I believe), they will assuredly resume work fixing bugs.

In the meantime I suggest you document your bug. They can't fix what they don't know about.

Support
Support

No forum is immune to spam, but there are security update planned which should hopefully discourage it, and it does get deleted.

Use spoiler tags if you want help with the bug. (with extra spaces, so it stays in plain text): [ spoiler]text to hide[ /spoiler]

text to hide

veteran
veteran
I've reported bugs months ago not fixed... what's a few weeks... programming isn't snapping fingers done. Especially without knowing what's wrong.
You're 50 hours in and still on the Murder Investigation? I find that hard to believe, so now I *really* wonder what's your problem.

There have been about 12(! seriously, what other game gets so few within 1 month?) patches already, so saying they don't care.

And from my experience with games my reported bugs are usually fixed;
1) Never (requiring me to do it myself)
2) Months later
3) 10 years later (this is quite an unique and awesome one-time event though XD)

But yeah, as others said, it's a bit of guesswork here when we get super-vague descriptions and a lot of whine... makes it sound more trolling than actual constructive for developers, and unless they're psychic (they're not) they can't really fix problems unknown, unmentioned etc.

(Really, 1 week in the game-development world is nothing...)

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Originally Posted by fixyourgame
I just encountered a game breaking bug in the murder quest (won't mention spoilers). After searching the forums, I realized that this was reported by another player several weeks ago. I won't go into details but suffice to say that after 50+ hours of gameplay I have to restart the game, which I will not.

Hence, I'm not going to continue playing this or any other software from this company. They are extremely unprofessional and do nothing to address an obvious game breaking issue several weeks after release.
Can you be more specific about which bug this is? I encountered no bugs during the murder quest except one with a missing stone (which is unnecessary to finish the game). Other bugs can be resolved with a save game editor without having to restart.

addict
addict
picture or it never happened

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by 4verse
picture or it never happened

I've always wondered about this...if the bug isn't graphical (for instance weird colors or someone floating upside down several feet off the floor, etc.), how do you take a screen shot of a game-play bug? Thus "picture or it never happened" makes no sense...;) Screenshots might not tell you anything of value.

Still, it would be nice of someone not just to say "the Murder bug" as if everyone knows what that is because probably no one except the OP has a clue as to what that is...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
veteran
veteran
There's video for that case wink

But yeah, still a description of this so-called gamebreaking bug would be nice.
I've seen plenty of people claim breaking issues where present when they just missed something, forgot something, or had a different result than someone else which was entirely intended and not breaking the game... but we'll see what the answer is... (maybe, maybe not)

Link Copied to Clipboard