Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Shikary Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Since yesterdy merchants seems to be unable to identify items.
When i click on the lens icon and then on the item I get the confirmation message as usual but then nothing happens. The item is not identified and no money is detracted. Clicking "no" doesn't change anything and neither does reloading the game.
Anyone ran into the same issue and can provide help?

Support
Support

Is the person with the items to identify the one who started the conversation?

W
W
I think merchants have a loremaster value.

I remember seeing a message along the lines of 'merchant cannot identify this item' or something a while back.

So maybe you need to find a merchant further on into the game to identify higher level items.

Some confirmation on this would be nice.

I
iru Offline
apprentice
apprentice
I
Originally Posted by Whysper
I think merchants have a loremaster value.

I also think this is true, as I reached a certain level the Mayor started selling unidentified accessories, which I believe is due to them requiring higher Loremaster than he has.

Finding rings and amulets with + loremaster isn't that hard though and imo the easiest solution to identifying. I carry the extra loremaster gear in a backpack on a character which has 2 base Points in loremaster.

S
Shikary Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Thank you for your help people. The problem was just that the character who initiated the conversation was not the one holding the item...
This is really counterintuitive imho however, since the game doesn't tell you anything.

W
W
Glad to help

That makes sense iru! I really like the unidentified items thing actually, I end up buying a lot of them, it's like a lottery.

I
iru Offline
apprentice
apprentice
I
Originally Posted by Whysper
Glad to help

That makes sense iru! I really like the unidentified items thing actually, I end up buying a lot of them, it's like a lottery.

I never play the lottery. I'm a worse hoarder of gold than the troll king.

Link Copied to Clipboard