Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
stranger
stranger
E
Great job, just a few points.

I'm not sure you need a third degree polynomal. I'd be much more inclined to believe that rounding accounts for the weird numbers and that the fit is simpler. Finally, if someone could find the HP for a level 1 + 0 constitution that would help immensely with setting the intercept at baseline smile

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
There's got to be a simpler formula behind the scenes. Keep in mind, this was designed by a human.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Thanks.

I completely agree that there must be something that I/we are missing since it is necessary to go to a fourth degree polynomal to get the number right (+1/-1). Basically this tells me that the "(Level + 1)/2 x ..." is not the entire explanation which might be why it transtales into a crazy formula.

Problem is that I've tested the formula by eskuche and got HP 1.882 accumulated |ABS| error when calculating the theoretical versus actual HP values using the provided dataset from level 19, 20 and 21. However, although I calculated a 2 polynomal formula using trend analysis, the formula by eskuche is actually more accurate than mine, especially at 0 CON, so didn't post mine.

I've also tested the data using regression analysis, but this provided me with some wierd results that I didn't know how to interpret reasonably :-/

I
iru Offline
apprentice
apprentice
I

Level...CON.....Health from CON.....CONHealth*1.15...Actual HP (Normal mode)
1.......6..........62 (+10)..........71,3..............71
1.......7..........72 (+10)..........82,8..............82
1.......8..........83 (+11)..........95,45.............95
1.......9..........95 (+12).........109,25............109
1......10.........107 (+12).........123,05............123

Some level 1 data for your work. They seem to use an integer, no rounding just cutting the decimals away.

K
Kustos Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hey guys,

I thought this thread had gone dark after a few days of inactivity. I'm well pleased to see that progress is being made. Thank you so much for your efforts!

It would be nice if we could get a quick word on this from the Devs...?

E
stranger
stranger
E
I'm gonna stick by my equations smile

If someone could test 0 CON at level 1 that would be great, though, since we could set the intercept for the equation. I just based my 13.1 off inference.

J
stranger
stranger
J
An alternative explanation can be base health = 7 x Level - 2, implying that level 1 with 0 con would be 5 health.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi,

Aren't you making a mistake: you are calculating how Constitution (an therefore, Vitality) changes when changing The Constitution points a Character has, but for ONE Single level. But Constitution grows with the character Level, so it would be more useful to have the formula for the constitution as a function of player level. I don't see how you can derive this by using a single character level in your calculations.

This page mentions the following about "Constitution" in Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
https://divinity.fandom.com/wiki/Attributes_(Divinity:_Original_Sin_Enhanced_Edition)
"
Constitution
1 Maximum Action Points per point
6.2 Vitality per point and level (+7.13 in normal difficulty due to the +15% bonus)
"

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard