Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Do daggers actually scale off Dex?

"We shall not fear the coming of the shadow of death."
W
W
Originally Posted by Damar Stiehl
Do daggers actually scale off Dex?

Yes, definitely. Rogues (classless game, I know, dex builds) wouldn't be able to hit with them at all if they didn't

enthusiast
enthusiast
The level is a big factor when it comes down to calculating the chance to hit (which can easily be verified with the help of a henchman).
Lvl 20 archer with 100 offence point blank vs a lvl 22 char with 189 defence: chance to hit 37%
Lvl 22 archer with 100 offence point blank vs a lvl 22 char with 189 defence: chance to hit 61%

It is worth noting that the defence of the archer increased from 105 to 113 as well.

Last edited by eidolon; 06/08/14 05:06 PM.
W
W
Thanks for the confirmation.

So chance to hit =

offence rating factor +/- level difference factor - defence rating factor +/- other factors (range dropoff for bow/xbow, blind, curse, bless etc.)

Defaults to 100% if enemy is incapacitated.

H
stranger
stranger
H
@tx3000 you are a scrub can you please just uninstall the game and never post on these forums again?

Support
Support

If you click on a user's name and then 'View profile' there is an option to 'Ignore this user'.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by Raze

If you click on a user's name and then 'View profile' there is an option to 'Ignore this user'.

Awesomely, it works like this:
http://youtu.be/9F8fee9bt60?t=20s

It's fascinating googling and reading stuff about/from tx3000 (yes apparently I have spare time, I should be gaming but anyway). He's been banned 2 or 3 times from Steam / various Steam forums and at least 4 other forums elsewhere.

Last edited by tarasis; 06/08/14 10:05 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Man, this thread is so bad it's good.

T
tx3000 Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
T
Originally Posted by tarasis
It's fascinating googling and reading stuff about/from tx3000 (yes apparently I have spare time, I should be gaming but anyway). He's been banned 2 or 3 times from Steam / various Steam forums and at least 4 other forums elsewhere.

He's been banned? You meant to say there were some people with the user name tx3000 that were banned.

You see people This is exactly why I say Steam users are brainwashed and why you do not converse with Steam users, they're just way too stupid to be talking to.

Steam users are the only ones who think a user name is all the same person because Google pulls up results out of the entire Internet and then use some dumb ass logic that doesn't even have any merit to justify themselves.

They are also famous for pulling this bullshit:

Checking the Steam account you happen to be posting with for the game being talked about and if they dont' find it ON THAT ACCOUNT, then they start up on the person saying they automatically pirated the game and don't even own it.

They then complain to the moderators that you're condoning piracy and all this other horseshit their little narrow brain washed mind can dig up.

Last edited by tx3000; 07/08/14 02:18 AM.
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I recently noticed 50-75% chance to hit with archery with 9-10 (I forget) Dexterity, and that was with enemies 2 levels higher. And aren't Special Arrows auto-hit? At least AOE terrain ones are.. can't miss the ground.

Last edited by Mangoose; 07/08/14 04:33 AM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M

Yeah.Same sort of issues with games. Same antagonistic style. Same writing style with all-caps rage emphasis. But it can't be the same guy.

Originally Posted by tx3000

He's been banned? You meant to say there were some people with the user name tx3000 that were banned.

You see people This is exactly why I say Steam users are brainwashed and why you do not converse with Steam users, they're just way too stupid to be talking to.

Given the writing styles, the general tone of posts and similar attitudes of those steam users to you (including the same complaint about using British English spellings rather than American English), yes I would fairly confidently say they are you. One of them most definitely was linked to your MPC4Utube Youtube account where you rant about Divnity: Original Sin.

Steam users are the only ones who think a user name is all the same person because Google pulls up results out of the entire Internet and then use some dumb ass logic that doesn't even have any merit to justify themselves.

Oh I didn't just google, I actually read the posts in the Van Helsing Steam forums & Watch Dog forums and look at the profiles & alternate names the profile has used. Likewise those on GOG, Neocore and so on. They use the same style as here, the same verbal bashing, and so on. I didn't just presume on seeing the name tx3000 that it was you.

That said most people I know tend to try and use the same username all over the place. It's easier to remember than having to consulted a list "okay on X I'm xxxxx, on y I'm yyyyyy". Of course one can't always use the same username because someone else gets there first (I'm not the only tarasis but most are me, to my surprise given I made the name up 27 or so years ago for an RPG character, turns out I was beaten to the punch by 1400 or so years, but I'm digressing)

Checking the Steam account you happen to be posting with for the game being talked about and if they dont' find it ON THAT ACCOUNT, then they start up on the person saying they automatically pirated the game and don't even own it.

They then complain to the moderators that you're condoning piracy and all this other horseshit their little narrow brain washed mind can dig up.

Well in theory one shouldn't have more than one steam account (an implication that could be taken from what you've written), but I largely agree that assuming someone has pirated a game/ don't own it because it isn't linked to their Steam account is a stretch UNLESS it's a steam exclusive game. They could have bought the game on GOG or where ever else.

BTW You have said yourself in one of your Youtube videos and on GOG that you will pirate games that are only available on Steam.

Originally Posted by Mirza

Yeah.Same sort of issues with games. Same antagonistic style. Same writing style with all-caps rage emphasis. But it can't be the same guy.

Exactly. Oh this reminds me of the complaints about Action Points not being explained http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50345

Last edited by tarasis; 07/08/14 09:46 AM.
T
tx3000 Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
T
Yeah because people never make themselves out to be someone else..That never happens on the internet..no way...no chance of that right.. crazy

Also, saying the same Writing Style makes no sense. Writing style in this case refers to the font being used and everyone uses the same font on every forum due to what fonts are coded into the forum. everyone in this thread all have the same writing style because we all are using the same font.

You're trying to say writing CONTEXT

Last edited by tx3000; 07/08/14 04:17 PM.
No I meant Writing Style

"Writing style refers to the manner in which an author chooses to write to his or her audience. A style reveals both the writer's personality and voice, but it also shows how she or he perceives the audience. The choice of a conceptual writing style molds the overall character of the work. This occurs through changes in syntactical structure, parsing prose, adding diction, and organizing figures of thought into usable frameworks" - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writing_style

"Style: A particular procedure by which something is done; a manner or way"

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/style

"Style in fiction refers to the language conventions used to construct the story. A fiction writer can manipulate diction, sentence structure, phrasing, dialogue, and other aspects of language to create style." http://bcs.bedfordstmartins.com/virtualit/fiction/elements.asp?e=5

A
stranger
stranger
A
No I meant Writing Style

"Writing style refers to the manner in which an author chooses to write to his or her audience. A style reveals both the writer's personality and voice, but it also shows how she or he perceives the audience. The choice of a conceptual writing style molds the overall character of the work. This occurs through changes in syntactical structure, parsing prose, adding diction, and organizing figures of thought into usable frameworks" - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writing_style

"Style: A particular procedure by which something is done; a manner or way"

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/style

"Style in fiction refers to the language conventions used to construct the story. A fiction writer can manipulate diction, sentence structure, phrasing, dialogue, and other aspects of language to create style." http://bcs.bedfordstmartins.com/virtualit/fiction/elements.asp?e=5

Dont feed the Trolls.

This thread should be closed, TX3000 is obvious the basement-fat-boy trying to receive attention...

E
stranger
stranger
E
Archer who just "onshotted" Trife with arrow spray + soulsnap + oath + bully says you're dead wrong.

Originally Posted by Aslam
Dont feed the Trolls.

Normally i agree and have even said that myself before, though it's probably better to feed him here than in another thread and maybe he'll learn something along the way. Like how to make an archer recipe, or the Coca Cola cake, some other wonderful concoction or even that it's writing style. wink

Maybe the mods can sticky it to the very bottom of the forum so it doesn't get bumped smile

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Yeah because people never make themselves out to be someone else..That never happens on the internet..no way...no chance of that right.. crazy

Also, saying the same Writing Style makes no sense. Writing style in this case refers to the font being used and everyone uses the same font on every forum due to what fonts are coded into the forum. everyone in this thread all have the same writing style because we all are using the same font.

You're trying to say writing CONTEXT

Nope. I meant style. See tarasis' post.

A
addict
addict
A
No offense. But i seriously think.. is this tx3000 mental?

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard