Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by Ezmeth
I can't find how to make metal scraps.

There is no recipe for them in game, same thing for cloth scraps and plate scraps.

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Ezmeth
I can't find how to make metal scraps.

You can't. You can find them in boxes, and merchants once your level is high enough. It can also drop as loot when killing certain enemies.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Man this is awesome, I guess that there are still more variables to the crafting that we don't know!

And to the Youtube guy... jesus, can some admin ban him or tell him to make a damn post with decent editing.

I'm sure people will also appreciate to have another thread with only youtube videos to watch. Using proper use of Spoiler tags and edition it will be helpful.

Thanks ivra.

Once upon a time there was nothing... And then exploded.
addict
addict
You know i never realized how massive crafting is in this game till i set back and took a look at it...i mean if they can make crafting on par with legendary items, then that would be even more amazing!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Powi
Man this is awesome, I guess that there are still more variables to the crafting that we don't know!

And to the Youtube guy... jesus, can some admin ban him or tell him to make a damn post with decent editing.

I'm sure people will also appreciate to have another thread with only youtube videos to watch. Using proper use of Spoiler tags and edition it will be helpful.

Thanks ivra.

If you would notice on my channel now i have began organizing 175 videos that are related to Divinity...the categories are Achievements/Quest Guides and Regular gameplay, for each of the acts...1,2,3...i re-edited videos to make it more clear and got to the point on many of them not to waste time. After i will organize it on my channel it will be properly organized on the forums =)

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
I just found out that I have left out the following two formulas from the list:

[-] Dinner = Fish + Mobile Kitchen (Strength: +1, Heals: +74)
[-] Dinner = Fish + Owen or Furnace (Strength: +1, Heals: +74)

They will be included in the next version.

P
stranger
stranger
P
list is missing
Explosive Arrowhead = Fire Arrowhead + Cup of Oil
Steam Arrowhead = Fire Arrowhead + Cup of Water

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by PadaV4
list is missing
Explosive Arrowhead = Fire Arrowhead + Cup of Oil
Steam Arrowhead = Fire Arrowhead + Cup of Water

Thanks. Will include the following in the next version:
[Crafting 2] Explosive Arrowhead + Empty Cup = Fire Arrowhead + Cup of Oil
[Crafting 2] Steamcloud Arrowhead + Empty Cup = Fire Arrowhead + Cup of Water

journeyman
journeyman
Could I also suggest to include a recipe/method to make some money? This will be great for some extras.

I'll start below.

Potato (Buy 6 gold) -> Cold Fries -> Rivellon Fries (Sell 14 gold)
Raw meat (Buy 7 gold) -> Dinner (Sell 15 gold)
Log (Buy 5 gold) -> Branches (2x) (Sell 6 gold each) + Wood Chips (1 gold?)

Of course, the gold price/amount is related to your stats. This is just a guideline for a base amount.

enthusiast
enthusiast
@SpaceHamster:
If you want to make some cash through crafting early in the game just craft some food because you won't use it anyway.
In case that is not enough craft arrows and potions, since they have a high selling price and don't get more expensive later.
Later in the game selling handcrafted axes is the easiest way to make extra money, earning you ~2000 Gold each (level depended).

addict
addict
What are the formula's to just upgrade existing weapons and armors?

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Thanks for the georgeous job.

It might just be a forgotten leftover - but on the Chyseal map you find 2 leather belts called "rope" in one and "sash" in the other case. Both can be used and crafted with rubies and essences. Found no other use, though (CR and BL at 5).

Regards,
Thorsten

enthusiast
enthusiast
Regular belts can be upgraded with rubies/essence as well. For whatever reason, the crafted belts don't seem to work.

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Thorsten
Thanks for the georgeous job.

It might just be a forgotten leftover - but on the Chyseal map you find 2 leather belts called "rope" in one and "sash" in the other case. Both can be used and crafted with rubies and essences. Found no other use, though (CR and BL at 5).

Regards,
Thorsten

That is why I formulated those formulas very generic, like:
[Crafting 5] Boosted Apparel = Apparel + Ruby (Secrets of the Scroll IX) (+ Air, Earth, Fire, and Water Resistance. +5%(IL1) / +10%(IL2) / +15%(IL7) / +20%(IL12) / +25%(IL17).)

There are just too many exceptions and special cases to handle them all.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by LeBurns
What are the formula's to just upgrade existing weapons and armors?

Still like to know how to do this, specifically a two-handed war hammer and a bow.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Bows are upgraded with either a Bowstring (Sinew + Sinew, Strong Sinew + Strong Sinew or Sinew + Strong Sinew), which gives damage or a Sextant which gives +1 perception.

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by LeBurns
Still like to know how to do this, specifically a two-handed war hammer and a bow.

You will find all upgrades under Enchantments in the list. Kurausu specified the possibilities for bows. For weapons (including two-handed war hammers) you have:

[Blacksmithing 2] Boosted Metal Weapon = Metal Weapon + Whetstone (The Adventurer's Field Guide VIII) (+ Damage)
[Blacksmithing 2] Boosted Metal Weapon = Metal Weapon + Whetstone Wheel (The Adventurer's Field Guide VIII) (+ Damage)
[Crafting 5] Boosted Weapon = Weapon + Air Essence (Secrets of the Scroll VIII) (+ Air Damage (max 1 extra damage type))
[Crafting 5] Boosted Weapon = Weapon + Earth Essence (Secrets of the Scroll VIII) (+ Earth Damage (max 1 extra damage type))
[Crafting 5] Boosted Weapon = Weapon + Fire Essence (Secrets of the Scroll VIII) (+ Fire Damage (max 1 extra damage type))
[Crafting 5] Boosted Weapon = Weapon + Water Essence (Secrets of the Scroll VIII) (+ Water Damage (max 1 extra damage type))
[Crafting 1] Boosted Weapon = Weapon + Poison Flask (The Adventurer's Field Guide X) (+ Poison Damage (max 1 extra damage type))
[Crafting 4] Boosted Weapon = Weapon + Tenebrium Bar (+ Tenebrium Damage (max 1 extra damage type))
[Crafting 5] Boosted Weapon = Weapon + Tormented Soul (Secrets of the Scroll VII) (Strength: +1 (IL1) / +2 (IL14), Dexterity: : +1 (IL1) / +2 (IL14))

I am not sure what you meant exactly by 'how', so I'll cover all possibilities smile

In your inventory drag the weapon over the component and release the mouse button, or drag the component over the weapon and release. A crafting dialog box should pop up if your crafting skill/blacksmith skill is high enough. If not a message will tell you it is too low. To use the Whetstone Wheel, just drag the weapon from the inventory over the Whetstone Wheel in the world and release the mouse button. The Whetstone Wheel will be highlighted with a yellow border.

I just verified that I could use a Tormented Soul to upgrade a two-handed warhammer. I also found out that the two formulas using whetstones does not work for two-handed warhammers. I will change 'Boosted Metal Weapon' to 'Boosted Edged Metal Weapon' in the next version since it works on swords and axes, but not on maces and warhammers.

As you can see these formulas are generic. That is because they generally work on every item matching the generic category, but there are exceptions. If you cannot upgrade a specific weapon, try another one. Maybe you have encountered one of the exceptions.

Lastly, you cannot upgrade a tenebrium weapon at all. If a weapon has tenebrium in its name, it cannot be upgraded.

Hope this helps.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Lastly, you cannot upgrade a tenebrium weapon at all. If a weapon has tenebrium in its name, it cannot be upgraded.
The unique dagger Snakebite that naturally has Tenebrium damage can be upgraded.

At level 22 the attribute boosts of Tormented Soul, Sextant and equipment increases again.

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
To clarify: By Tenebrium weapon I meant weapons with the word 'Tenebrium' in its name. If you add Tenebrium to a normal weapon it can be upgraded afterwards. So can weapons with Tenebrium boost as long as they are not named as a Tenebrium weapon.

At least, that is my experience. But there are so many exceptions to the generic crafting rules, so why not to this one too?

Out of curiosity, what is the full name of the Snakebite dagger?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Snakebite is already the full name of the item: http://divinity.gamepedia.com/Snakebite
It is so memorable, because it boosts 1 handed, but doesn't get the bonus itself since it is a Tenebrium weapon

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard