Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
Modders will fix it.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Seriously, I have never reloaded to get better loot, I never steal in town in any RPG, I didn't know the mechanics of D:OS, so accusing me of "min/maxing" based on IG tool-tips is risible especially on my first playthrough, I didn't use any online help (except for the beginning of source temple), I haven't even used the most powerful abilities (based on the forum, such as leech, lonewolf, glass canon).

So please stop assuming you know how players that find the second part of the game to easy play.

I didn't even reload for the RPS checks...

Last edited by TZDZ; 07/08/14 09:34 AM.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by Styno
I hate people save scumming and then complaining the game is too easy...

It all comes back to the PnP feeling of the game...
Ever playd DnD and asked your dungeon master to roll that D20 again because you were unsatisfied with the result?

At no point do I feel loot randomness contribute at all to the difficulty. Sure people may whine about it, but I don't think it makes the game any harder.

The reason why people found it too easy is because a single approach, effective when first try - has proven to be the winning move (tm)

Maybe you tried 2-3-4 moves and combinations and conclude move number 3 is best. How disappointed would you feel if move no.3 proved to be the best for nearly 50% of the encounters?

What's worst, it's a turn based game so most of these repetitive moves felt even slower and tedious.

F
stranger
stranger
F

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by virumor
Modders will fix it.

bethesda intensifies.

Seriously, it's always been the same since the first Divinity, early game is great - mid and end game is a walk in the park.

Hell, in divine divinity there was like 3 bosses capable of killing you in the entire game.

I'd recommend self restriction over your build ... don't learn healing spells / don't let your elemental resist go too high ( I personally keep the lvl 1 sarong for the entire game ) / use only 1 handed sword without shield / only disarm traps with the disarm kit ....

And don't use your spells or potions before the fight start.

Larian's games can be a lot of fun despite the lack of lategame difficulty, it's all about the roleplay.

Sorry for my english.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I don't see how an answer like "in order to enjoy the game, don't play the game fully" could be acceptable ever... (and I don't talk about any abuse/glitch)

Last edited by TZDZ; 07/08/14 03:04 PM.
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I totally agree with TZDZ and rk47.
I don't want to "fix" the difficulty curve by not playing the full game.

Originally Posted by Kraash

Seriously, it's always been the same since the first Divinity, early game is great - mid and end game is a walk in the park.

The thing you prove here is that Larian has problem with balancing their games.
I hope, because of the strong community and the huge success of the game, they will hear us this time.

There is something else important : fights and gameplay are ones of the best qualities in DOS. But when you leave Cyseal and reach part 2 (level 10+), the other qualities become... less awesome. And as I said before, I wouldn't care as long as the fights at least keep the pace. What would keep me playing won't be the story anymore (it seems that it has been streched, it's like "the princess is in an other castle"; the NPCs are way less lively than in Cyseal...), or the discover of the Universe. No, I have plenty hours of fight waiting. It could be delightful, but as it is now it is boring...
30+ hours of easy fights to go...?
discouraging.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I'm probably 55 hours into the game and I've started over about 12 times. The game is crazy hard. I love it. I am playing on hard of course.

I get destroyed - a lot. I have no idea why your AI is so dumb. Mine is not.

Right now the demons will run and ignore the close person to them (tank, summons) and track down my ranger or weak glass canon mage that I was toying around with and obliterate them. I have high strength on my strength guy and high dex on my ranger and they still miss A LOT of swings. I'm assuming all of this is because of the "hard" difficulty option.

I do fairly well vs. humans and what not (because I can disable them quite easily) but demons are no joke.

I'd never use the words "easy" or bad AI to describe this game.

I have no mods. So I wonder why my game is far different from yours?

T
stranger
stranger
T
What is your current level ?

M
stranger
stranger
M

T
stranger
stranger
T
Well, you should be experiencing what we describe now. In my case, up to lvl 10-12, the game was challenging, after that not at all. It also depends on the path you're following : if you severely underleveled, you might experience the difficulty drop a bit later, I guess.

However, I'm a bit surprised by your AI behaviour. I would say that in most cases, enemies target summons with high priority even if they are far and take damage doing so...

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
No. Adding +25% chance to hit for melee at all difficulties is just cheesing the game even more.

M
stranger
stranger
M
That's the thing. I found those sand spiders early (they are 14) when I was around 11. Clearly I couldn't win a battle so I went and did the white witch stuff and now where I am the levels are all the same. Yet it's still hard.

But the AI has almost always been strong for me. I do recall in one my play-through's that early on, the orcs were stupid with my summoned spider. But for the most part they will run past my melee fighters and go for my ranged person. I've seen others complain about the stupidity of the AI so I have NO IDEA what's going on.

Also, I stumbled upon someone saying something about leech+something else being overpowered. So I clearly avoided that talent. Maybe that's why it's easy for people? Getting health regen every turn or something with that talent?

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Same for me : game was challenging until I reached the second part.
In rhe first map, we died some times, we had fun fighting the bosses (had to try 3 times for
Evelynn
). But then it started to be less hard.
We even did
Braccus Rex
while being 1 level lower (we had to try 3 times too). It's a very good example : it was hard. But, we found a tactic which worked : we splitted. One character for each enemy.
The DPS fire mage for the lightouse gaurdian, Madora dor the undead knight, Jahan and his ice spells/summon for the double elemental, and the thief (quickly helped by Jahan cause the elemental died easily) to try to incapacitate Braccus, and winning time for the team.
Well, it worked. And the undead knight and the lighthouse guardian never tried to switch opponent till the end.

So... I don't know. Maybe your characters are too close from the enemy and are in range. But I can assure you that my summons always get aggro. And that if the opponents are a bit far from my mages, they won't even try to get in range to shoot arrows or spells. They don't move and focus the closest one.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by TZDZ
I don't see how an answer like "in order to enjoy the game, don't play the game fully" could be acceptable ever... (and I don't talk about any abuse/glitch)

Roleplay is a great part of the game. No, your super overpowered build of soul shredding is not the only way to play the game.

Divinity is classless, you CAN go super overpowered and destroy everything easily, that's one of the many ways you can play this game.

But it's not "fully" playing the game.

Originally Posted by Alkamiga

The thing you prove here is that Larian has problem with balancing their games.

From a pure balancing point of view yes their games don't have enough restriction, but this is way better for the roleplay possibilities to stay like that.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Roleplay is a great part of the game. No, your super overpowered build of soul shredding is not the only way to play the game.

You really have to explain me how is it roleplay to for a mage to avoid taking his best spells, or leveling your characters keeping in mind that you should not choose the abilities that fits the best...

I can give you a save from my game... I haven't even taken the most powerful traits ! No "min/maxing" either. So the roleplay should be "oh, yes, my fire mage shouldn't learn meteor because it will be too overpowered. Instead I'll learn 2H weapons, that'll fit better the roleplay" ? (of course I gonna check the forum first to know that I should avoid this trait because it trivialize the game, very RP). I'm probably not clever enough to have a good roleplay. In my games, mages use spells, fighters fight, archers use arrows...

Why do you assume you know how other players play their game ? Have you even read messages prior to your message ?

What is really good with your point is : you cannot ever venture any critic because if you didn't enjoy half of the game, it's because you didn't play it the right way. It's like when you don't like a movie, fanboys explain that it is because you haven't understood it...

Last edited by TZDZ; 07/08/14 07:24 PM.
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A

Divinity is classless, you CAN go super overpowered and destroy everything easily, that's one of the many ways you can play this game.

I disagree there.
You can look in my opening how I play this game.
I don't abuse it, don't use OP skills, don't try to find OP tactics, don't use great resistances values; I play with a friend and we often fight without coordination, we just went through basic skill trees, we roleplayed the discussions without calculating the benefits of our answers, we didn't reload any bad decision or bad loot.
I even had to stop crafting (while I liked it) to not being too strong.

And the game is not fun anymore cause it's getting too easy.

Where did I make OP builds?
Do you really think that not crafting anymore or not playing some talents cause they make you too strong, is roleplay????
I think you are completely mistaking.
Trying to fix the game by calculating how to not be too strong is absolutely the opposite of playing RP.

If the standard play we made is considered as OP for the hardest setting, there is a real problem with the difficulty curve.

edit : Beaten by TZDZ smile

Last edited by Alkamiga; 07/08/14 07:29 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Alkamiga
We didn't abuse the system. We just played it.
We just leveled up our characters in the way their class was supposed to (come on... a rogue who can BS and goes to shadows? a dps mage? A STR-madora? A utility not dps Jahan?). We don't do huge combos, don't talk about strategy...
I know some people completely broke the game (100+ res, leech...). And even there it's sad because they don't use a complex trick : they just use the tools the game offers them.

The truth is simple : Larian failed to balance the game for level 10-20 in its hard setting (I don't know for the other ones). Maybe because they didn't have a lot of feedbacks from alphas reviewers on this part?
But again : by playing as we did (no reloading, only using loot and some bought weapons, coop with no big strategy or mini-maxing, a 4-party with a Jahan not very efficient...) the game should have given us a constant challenge. There are many ways to be more efficient than our way of playing this game.

The way Larian failed, is they made too good of a game. The content is meant for replay value, people do it all. I guess you missed the part where I explained how you could save me the ironman speech about how you play to purposefully limit yourself. You dont need to if you dont go overboard on a single game. If you are one of those people with 400+ hours in (Dont feel ashamed, several people in my Friends list have), you wont convince anyone that you're not well versed in the mechanics, exploring and doing EVERYTHING, and power playing. Period, for me I would say anyone over 100 hours, who is familiar with turn based RPGs, has the right to ask for harder difficulty. That is why I informed you of there ALREADY being a difficulty mod. This should of let you know that yes, the game can get easier for some players. It seems you're demanding some form of apology from Larian, or..? Just DL the difficulty mod, or is that too easy to do and therefor you refuse to do it?

Also just look at the logic of these types of players- "I didn't use any online help (except for the beginning of source temple), I haven't even used the most powerful abilities (based on the forum, such as leech, lonewolf, glass canon).".

This guy didn't use any online help.. Well except the source temple, oh and reading forums to know about leech.. And lonewolf.. And glass cannon.. But no online help, straight up player! How can we really know who is a power gamer killing their own experience, or who is the gaming prodigy who deserves a custom built in difficulty?

Originally Posted by Alkamia
I want to be patient with this game, I wouldn't have come here if I had totally lost hope.
But I really don't request a STRONG AI, and I think most of guys here don't request it (even if we'd love to have it someday smile ).
No, I want an AI, a light average one. I just don't want to see stupid moves anymore.
We just want that :
[quote=someguy216]
1.AI targeting priorities(needs to be changed from targeting closest enemy to a slightly more complex system of highest threat and easiest to attack, i.e. if a ranger is doing loads of damage then an enemy warrior should try kill him but not if hes behind a wall of fire)
2.Attack of opportunity and increased hazard awareness.(sure I can understand the AI maybe letting themselves get hit by your warriors if they are trying to flee, but not moving for no reason other then to get killed faster)
3.Ability effects and resistance awareness.(Of course maybe dont make it so enemies never hit your fire elemental with fire magic but as soon as they hit it the first time and realise it just heals it they should stop, also there needs to be decreased chance enemies will attack charmed enemies because that just makes charm so op.Also one thing i noticed on the first map skeletons try to heal friendly zombies if they are damaged which ofc just damages them more, im guessing these guys work together alot they should no healing does the opposite to zombies in this game.)

Dragging "intelligent" enemies through hazardous surfaces is way too easy. They do react smarter to say, there path blocked by oil, converting to ranged/buffs/patience. Yet fire, sometimes even an Ice Elemental will jog through fire only to pop mid-way. Whoever you quoted, has the right idea with specifics and english that is easy to comprehend. Honestly the discussion should be much more specific and much assumptive.

And you ask for patience, I really can give some. But I would really need an announcement from Larian on this subject.
Do they plan to repair/improve the difficulty curve anytime? I haven't heard anything on this subject since the game has been released (and the first feedbacks came a few days later).
So.. should I be patient?

Im from America and even I am not as entitled to think Larian owes me more work. You are 'waiting' around for Larian to fix your vague and poorly worded problems with their game? They owe us nothing, they gave us a great game, especially when they offer such an integrated editor for modding.

This is the shaming part, putting 1/10th of the time people have played DOS, into toying with the editor, you probably could have already achieved some of things you wanted.

Here is a link to something created by patience and time saved not open endly complaining on discussion forums- http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/9/?

Last edited by Mental Poison; 07/08/14 08:49 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Mental Poison
[quote=Alkamiga]
Also just look at the logic of these types of players- "I didn't use any online help (except for the beginning of source temple), I haven't even used the most powerful abilities (based on the forum, such as leech, lonewolf, glass canon).".

Hi, "this guy" went the first time on the forum after finishing the game. That is when he learned that the abilities were considered OP (he didn't take them by chance...). "This guy" also created a thread on this forum that explains why he had to check online.

Please keep your disdain to yourself.

Cheers

Last edited by TZDZ; 07/08/14 09:01 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/9/?

Oops, oh my goodness how clumsy of me, I accidentally dropped my link. I had a whole apology typed out for TMZ and everything. It explained how I bet even the hard setting on the difficulty mod would be too easy for him. Dratz, ah well, sorry and all. Help me pick up my link, by clicking it!

Thanks and the thread can be shut now. Thanks so much everyone!

http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/9/?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard