Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tsagoi Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
So I bought one of these off the Fletcher in Cyseal pretty early on. I later reset my characters with Moloch, figured getting the skills back wouldn't be big deal -- boy, was I ever wrong. I was able to find Ricochet and Battering Ram in shops, and while I wasn't able to find Dust Devil anywhere, a Google helped me replace it with the superior Whirlwind from the West Cyseal secret basement that I had (thankfully) missed when I first passed through the area.

However, I haven't been able to get a replacement for Barrage anywhere, no matter how much I try to savescum the three relevant vendors (Cyseal, Silverglen and Homestead) after their inventories reset. I've since acquired Arrow Spray, which makes up for the loss, but I'd appreciate being able to use both. Wouldn't mind getting a Dust Devil either, or a second Whirlwind for Madora... so basically, is it even possible to get these skill books anywhere? If not by normal means, is there some kind of savegame editor or console or whatever that I could use? This whole thing is pretty annoying.

Last edited by Tsagoi; 06/07/14 09:23 PM.
addict
addict
make them (scroll + empty book + crafting skill)

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
P
P
You can only make books for Elemental and Witchcraft skills. You cannot make books for Man-at-Arms, Expert Marksman, or Scoundrel.

T
Tsagoi Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Yeah, not a lot of Barrage scrolls lying around.

T
Tsagoi Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
So seriously, nothing? No way to get Barrage anywhere ever again? Bit of a drag, that.

journeyman
journeyman
Same problem.
At a higher level is impossible to find Barrage skill book.

T
stranger
stranger
T

Last edited by Tenacious D; 17/07/14 12:37 AM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
It does indeed work. I can confirm after respeccing my archer and losing barrage that there is no way in game to get this book back. After save-scumming the vendors in the homestead, cyseal and luciell (sp?) forrest and none of them ever had this book even after refreshing their inventories over 100 times each. So I found the lstools link on the steam forums (listed below) to edit my saved game and was able to successfully restore this skill! So happy now. Note that I also restored my respecced pyro mage's burning blaze spell that I also couldn't get any other way. I even threw away 10k gold as a role-playing recompense to make my conscience feel better for hacking the game and pretended that the skill books were 5k each. In summary, you CAN get this skill back if you're willing to spend 20 minutes to follow the below link, pretty simple really, here is the link, see my post at the bottom with the relevant key name and values to use:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/230230/discussions/0/45350791694065464/

Hope this helps:

Koth.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Wish the ice Elemental in your Homestead would sell all Marksmen spells.

Respecing off Moloch, the only ones I could not find again were.

Barrage

I have tried, Ice Elemental vendor (he doesn't refresh each level for me), the guy and woman in Silverglen that sell ranger books, the girl in Crystal??, the goblin shaman in his cave. Why would the spell not be for sale once you reach a certain level?

I cannot also turn the Lava Core scroll into a skill book. Not sure if there is a spell book for it haven't seen it.

LSTools breaks my game if I go near the dressing room mirror thing after doing an edit.

R
stranger
stranger
R
At which level you can no longer get barrage to spawn in inventories? I'm level 5 and knowing this I want to make the purchase early. However save-loading yields no result atm. Is it too late already or does it start appearing at higher levels? Also how hard could it be to fix this? It should be like easiest possible fix and considering the gravity it should have been among the first things to fix...

R
R
You will find 1 barrage skillbook in the secret hideout from w/e her name is, and it is being sold by one of the homestead elementals (not a 100% chance, so either check often or save/load.)

Other vendors will NEVER have a barrage skillbook for sale without the use of mods.

With kind regards,

Rashar.

R
addict
addict
R
Certain skillbooks within the game are not part of the normal Skillbook drop table (ie they're not sold or dropped randomly), and if I remember correctly Barrage is one of them.

Link Copied to Clipboard