Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I would like to try this game, but in every review I was reading there are a lot of bugs.

The broken save-game bugs, AI misfire are probably the worst of them all.
I would play the german version, I was reading that the game text for german is still 40% english. That is also kind of weird if you guys support '100%' the other language.

That is why I'm asking, are the devs working on some new patches or is this game "final" for u?

Thank you

Last edited by KlausOne; 07/08/14 06:29 PM.
They have been on holiday the last two weeks but are working on new patches and refinements. There really aren't that many bugs, personally I've only had 2-3 in my 50 hours, though I have come across the quick save sometimes not working (it's usually once per session) and trying again works fine. I haven't had a corrupt save yet.

I can't speak for the German, while I live there myself my primary language is English so I play in English. (Aber ich kann Deutsch verstehen. Ich habe bis B1 Stufung fuer Lesen, schrieben und sprechen gelernt )

Last edited by tarasis; 07/08/14 06:48 PM. Reason: Edited because the forum didn't like my umlaut on u
addict
addict
It was mentioned that the next patch will add some new companions that were supposed to be in the game originally, but ran out of time. I would say the game is finished after that is added and that just real patches follow that.

Support
Support

The next patch should most likely be released next week.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by KlausOne
The broken save-game bugs, AI misfire are probably the worst of them all.

There is a much better odds than not you wouldn't see either.

UI/Balance are perhaps greater issues that affect more players. Co-op dialog issues for those playing that way is probably more of an issue. That said it you have the save game bug that is a showstopper, I haven't had that since way early in Early Access. Do you have win 7 - 64?

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Do you have win 7 - 64?

I do.

Last edited by KlausOne; 08/08/14 12:04 PM.
A
addict
addict
A
I don't encounter any bug surprisingly. Also, once i dealt with the overheating issue of my graphics card, i dont have any crashes at all already.

Also this game is so beautiful! I notice the bloom is very bad. Once i turned it off the whole game is so so so so pretty!

Last edited by Archaven; 08/08/14 05:05 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
off the whole bugfix list only 1 was present with me smile -> 110hrs in

ad ui is scalable now ^^

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
veteran
veteran
Kinda funny asking 'are you guys done yet?' as this game is now around a month(?) old... this is generally the time most developers give their first patch.

People have no patience anymore these days smirk

And yes, while there are many bugs (see my own thread) none of them I encountered are gamebreaking... and I've been known to be superpicky to the extreme smile

R
RtM Offline
R
I like to go out and eat pizza with all my preferred toppings on and completely cooked. I don't like to pay for a uncooked pizza only for the chef to come out and heat it up then throw the toppings on after I've had 3 slices.

oops

veteran
veteran
Then in the modern days of "Day-one DLC", DLC in general, and patchcycles half-a-year long...

You're screwed...

journeyman
journeyman
...or patient.

Last edited by Morrandir; 12/08/14 10:42 AM.
addict
addict
We've been waiting 7 months for a second patch to the Director's Cut of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. And the worst part is, many things are actually regressed in the DC versus the original release (whereas you'd normally expect the DC to be an improved version of the game). Lower quality textures, performance issues, etc. Trust me, Larian is doing a great job. People just need to be patient, and give them time to sort the bugs out.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Jito463
We've been waiting 7 months for a second patch to the Director's Cut of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. And the worst part is, many things are actually regressed in the DC versus the original release (whereas you'd normally expect the DC to be an improved version of the game). Lower quality textures, performance issues, etc. Trust me, Larian is doing a great job. People just need to be patient, and give them time to sort the bugs out.

Really? Is it a case like in FO:NV where they had to cut a bunch of stuff out so consoles could play the game smoothly? At least with DOS we don't have to worry about that.

Right now I'm just waiting on the patch that adds the new companions so I can start a new game using them. Sadly I can't even plan out what my PC's will be since I have no idea what the new companions will be.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by LeBurns
Really? Is it a case like in FO:NV where they had to cut a bunch of stuff out so consoles could play the game smoothly?

Not sure, although it's possible, since originally the DC was intended as a Wii-U exclusive. There was a post by one of Mac port developers for DXHR (has since been removed from the Steam community page) that said the DC was actually based on an older build, which didn't have many of the later patches included in it.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I personally wish All Game Releases were held to the standard they were held to BEFORE everyone had internet. Why? Let me explain, but for the TL:DR people, it's called Quality Assurance.

Back before any game in the world could have bugs patched out on Day-0, all games released by all companies had to work the whole way through without the customer having to do anything aside from go to the store and buy the game. If a game wasn't playable the whole way through, or didn't work right "out of the box" it went BACK TO THE STORE and the Customer got a FULL REFUND, and the company that made the game had a "Defective Product" returned to them at Their Loss.

Game and Software makers no-longer have to hold up to things working out of the box because they can rely on their customers having the internet so they can get that Day-0 patch to "fix" what they released supposedly as a working product. In NO OTHER INDUSTRY is this a Acceptable Business Practice. Only in Software and Games, and it isn't right. NO COMPANY should be allowed to release a product that doesn't work as intended from day 1, period. But software companies don't have to live up to the consumer code like other companies always have.

Case in point, Car Dealerships.

Is it ok to go buy a car, and for the dealership to sell you that car, but then say "Oh, by the way, the car you bought doesn't have any brakes. Don't worry though, we'll ship the brakes to your house for free but you'll have to install them yourself." ? Of Course Not!!! You'd say "keep the car, I want one with working brakes".

Back in the day before patches, if Nintendo or Sega or even a PC game like Diablo 1 was sold, it had to be Complete and Work the whole way through, period. Expansion Packs could be sold later to add to the game, but the base game Had To Work as intended because there was No Way to "Fix" it once the customer came home and opened their game. Everything wasn't hooked into the internet so it couldn't be fixed "on the spot" at the customer's home via online.

All of us as consumers should hold All Companies to the old standards. Believe it or not there are still people who live in areas that don't have good internet or in some cases no internet at all, I know because I had to live in an area with no internet but dial-up for almost 11 years. Luckily when I lived there every game in the world didn't need the internet just to be able to play it.

I used to be a Paid Beta Tester back when I was in the industry. I did work for Origin, EA, and Microsoft. It was standard policy back then to make sure everything worked as intended and advertised before a product was pushed to market because there was no way to fix it later and no company wants returns on a sale.

Today the industry no longer lives up to that standard and "Paid Beta Testing" doesn't even exist as a career anymore. Now days companies have suckered the consumers into doing their Beta Testing for them and even paying them to let them do it by making the customer think they're getting something special by being in a beta, or getting something early by being in a beta. Today 90% of people playing a "Beta Version" of anything aren't hunting for bugs, they aren't looking for errors, and half the time the few people who can and do those things aren't even rewarded by having the "bug" they reported even fixed before launch.

The worst part is it's US as the consumer who have spent money time after time allowing this practice to even be acceptable in the industry when no other industry is allowed to function this way. Consumers should DEMAND a "working" product from day 1 Without the Need for a "Fix" for it to work when we get our product home. Just because the internet exists and is an amazing tool, doesn't mean companies and corporations should be allowed to release defective or unfinished products just because they know they can "fix it later" with a patch or update.

Ok, I've typed too long, I'll get off this soapbox now and go back to playing this awesome game.

What do I see? I see time as it affects all things. Human flesh whithers and dies before my eyes. Flowers bloom, only to fade. Trees drop green leaves, never to regain them. In my sight, it is always winter, always night. ~ Raistlin Majere
R
RtM Offline
R
Originally Posted by RavenXavier
I personally wish All Game Releases were held to the standard they were held to BEFORE everyone had internet. Why? Let me explain, but for the TL:DR people, it's called Quality Assurance.

Back before any game in the world could have bugs patched out on Day-0, all games released by all companies had to work the whole way through without the customer having to do anything aside from go to the store and buy the game. If a game wasn't playable the whole way through, or didn't work right "out of the box" it went BACK TO THE STORE and the Customer got a FULL REFUND, and the company that made the game had a "Defective Product" returned to them at Their Loss.

Game and Software makers no-longer have to hold up to things working out of the box because they can rely on their customers having the internet so they can get that Day-0 patch to "fix" what they released supposedly as a working product. In NO OTHER INDUSTRY is this a Acceptable Business Practice. Only in Software and Games, and it isn't right. NO COMPANY should be allowed to release a product that doesn't work as intended from day 1, period. But software companies don't have to live up to the consumer code like other companies always have.

Case in point, Car Dealerships.

Is it ok to go buy a car, and for the dealership to sell you that car, but then say "Oh, by the way, the car you bought doesn't have any brakes. Don't worry though, we'll ship the brakes to your house for free but you'll have to install them yourself." ? Of Course Not!!! You'd say "keep the car, I want one with working brakes".

Back in the day before patches, if Nintendo or Sega or even a PC game like Diablo 1 was sold, it had to be Complete and Work the whole way through, period. Expansion Packs could be sold later to add to the game, but the base game Had To Work as intended because there was No Way to "Fix" it once the customer came home and opened their game. Everything wasn't hooked into the internet so it couldn't be fixed "on the spot" at the customer's home via online.

All of us as consumers should hold All Companies to the old standards. Believe it or not there are still people who live in areas that don't have good internet or in some cases no internet at all, I know because I had to live in an area with no internet but dial-up for almost 11 years. Luckily when I lived there every game in the world didn't need the internet just to be able to play it.

I used to be a Paid Beta Tester back when I was in the industry. I did work for Origin, EA, and Microsoft. It was standard policy back then to make sure everything worked as intended and advertised before a product was pushed to market because there was no way to fix it later and no company wants returns on a sale.

Today the industry no longer lives up to that standard and "Paid Beta Testing" doesn't even exist as a career anymore. Now days companies have suckered the consumers into doing their Beta Testing for them and even paying them to let them do it by making the customer think they're getting something special by being in a beta, or getting something early by being in a beta. Today 90% of people playing a "Beta Version" of anything aren't hunting for bugs, they aren't looking for errors, and half the time the few people who can and do those things aren't even rewarded by having the "bug" they reported even fixed before launch.

The worst part is it's US as the consumer who have spent money time after time allowing this practice to even be acceptable in the industry when no other industry is allowed to function this way. Consumers should DEMAND a "working" product from day 1 Without the Need for a "Fix" for it to work when we get our product home. Just because the internet exists and is an amazing tool, doesn't mean companies and corporations should be allowed to release defective or unfinished products just because they know they can "fix it later" with a patch or update.

Ok, I've typed too long, I'll get off this soapbox now and go back to playing this awesome game.

hug Thank you for doing what I've been too lazy to do.

old hand
old hand
It does stink that those buying upfront who pay the most and really support the long term health of the company, have a great chance of never playing a "Gold Version" of said game. Just in general and not necessarily pointed at Larian and D:OS.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by RtM
hug Thank you for doing what I've been too lazy to do.

Don't mention it smile . Also, Thank You for being the very First Person to acknowledge a post of mine here on the forums. I was almost starting to think my posts (though they've been few) were invisible or something...LoL.

Also, my little speech there was in no way a jab at Larian, but at the industry standards as a whole. I think Larian's done a pretty good job or I wouldn't have been playing this kick ass game for the last week straight lol. Granted I may have made a few minor design decisions differently, but the game's been really awesome so far minus a few nit-picks.

What do I see? I see time as it affects all things. Human flesh whithers and dies before my eyes. Flowers bloom, only to fade. Trees drop green leaves, never to regain them. In my sight, it is always winter, always night. ~ Raistlin Majere
R
RtM Offline
R
No problem. There's a bit of tribalism in here like all forums. Anyway, it's pretty clear you and most others mean the industry in general and are not taking shots at Larian. It's a practice that's bugged for a long time. Some people tend to believe that because it's been that way for a while now that it's ok. It is definitely not ok.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard