Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#510928 06/07/14 09:28 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
In the last version (1.0.53.0) as in the previous one (1.0.51), in multiplayer and in solo mode, I was surprised that the animals I was speaking to were dubbed by actors, even if they are not supposed to speak.

There are many examples in Cyseal : the cows and the chickens tell me "greetings" or something equivalent while I only read in the dialogue box animal cries. Yet none of my playable characters have the talent Friend of the beasts/animals (something like that : in French, it's Ami des b黎es).

Is it normal or a bug ?

Support
Support

There are generic responses when starting or exiting conversations, which probably shouldn't be applied to animal dialogues if you do not have the Pet Pal talent.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
That's precisely the problem : smile I do hear those generic lines although I don't have the pet talent.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Aaand... I can still hear the animals greet me in English although the avatar of my partner and mine don't have the pet talent and the dialogue boxes only show animal cries. Are we the only ones to have this problem breaking the immersion ?

veteran
veteran
Personally I would prefer if they changed it to animal sounds (appropriate for each animal) even with Pet Pal. It's just freaky like this.

Murphy has no voice at all, but that's also not the perfect sollution frown

Yes I got that too.
No pet talent but "human greetings" and "good bye" by animals.

Imarion

journeyman
journeyman
Yep, the Pet Pal talent just gives you more options in the conversation dialogue choices, and perhaps some extra hints?
The animals will unfortunately have voiced over one liners even without the talent.

Which is a bit silly really but perhaps the devs just simply watched too many episodes of Mr Ed.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Scared me to bits when I started playing the game and clicked on a rat in the trial dungeon. Some screeking woman voice unexpectingly blasting through my speakers; "GREETINGS HUMAN"

veteran
veteran
Haha! Yeah. Its weird when it happens before you have the pet pal talent. I had to check I hadn't actually made my coffee from magic mushrooms accidently.

I will call you "Squishy", and you will be my squishy! OW! BAD SQUISHY! - Dory, Finding Nemo
M
stranger
stranger
M
Indeed this is very annoying and breaks the immersion..

Please fix this, Larian!

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard