Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
I want to start my new play through with new companions that arent emotionless henchman!

journeyman
journeyman
I want to start my first! Still waiting... frown

T
banned
banned
T
Maybe I'm missing something but this game already has at least 50 additional characters that are playable once you get to the Hall Of Heroes

So why are people saying there needs to be more?

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Originally Posted by tx3000
Maybe I'm missing something but this game already has at least 50 additional characters that are playable once you get to the Hall Of Heroes

So why are people saying there needs to be more?

Henchmen are like brainless clones. They have no personalities,quests, etc. They are only tool for combat.
But ofc D:OS companions are as well inferior compared to baldur's gate companions.
I hope we can get more and better companions in D:OS.

T
banned
banned
T
What people are posting about makes absolutely no sense. What does being a clone with no A/I personality have to do with anything?

A companion/follower by definition is any NPC you have in your party or hire into your party to follow you around which is exactly what the Hall Of Heroes gives people.

So people are saying they want more of something that there is already more than plenty in the game.

So again what people are posting about makes absolutely no sense.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z

A companion/follower by definition is any NPC you have in your party or hire into your party to follow you around which is exactly what the Hall Of Heroes gives people.

You are clearly clueless about companions in rpg games.
They are more than henchman who only follow you around like in hack and slash games such as diablo.
They have quests, like/dislike each other, may refuse to join you because of your alignment, agree/disagree with your decisions and can even atack you because you've crossed the line.

I highly recommend you to check Baldur's Gate 2 companions to understand the difference.

T
banned
banned
T
Don't talk down to me like I don't know what I'm talking about and trying to justify your [opinion] with complete and utter nonsense.

1. This is about Divinity: Original SIN....NOT ANY OTHER RPG so what happens in other RPG's is irrelevant and doesn't have any bearing on anything in Divinity: OS.

2. OMFG THIS IS NOT [...] BALDUR'S GATE WHICH MEANS NOTHING FROM THAT GAME APPLIES HERE at all under any circumstances.

2. I don't have to know how Companions work in Games because none of that shit is relevant to this discussion.

3. This discussion is about people wanting more of something that IS ALREADY IN THE GAME. Not about how anything works or status.

What's with all you people and their excuses every time?

Last edited by Elwyn; 17/08/14 09:21 PM. Reason: removed offensive language
Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Don't talk down to me like I don't know what I'm talking about and trying to justify your silly bullshit with complete and utter nonsense.

1- I talk to you this way cause you don't even realize the difference between companion and hall of heroes henchmen.

2- My examples are relevant since D:OS is a c-rpg.

3- See your doctor if you still can't understand why people want more companions.

Last edited by Zerkain; 17/08/14 06:42 PM.
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Madora has a storyline/quest.
Jahan has a storyline/quest.
No other henchman at the Hall of Heroes has a storyline/quest.
People want additional companions/henchmen with a storyline/quest.

T
banned
banned
T
NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT WHAT A COMPANION COMES WITH. Quit manipulating the topic into something it's not and splitting hairs.

The actual issue is people are saying they want MORE COMPANIONS IN THE GAME...(So therefore the companions functionality is totally irrelevant)

When people say they Want more companions THEY ARE ASKING FOR SOMETHING THAT IS ALREADY IN THE GAME.

Last edited by tx3000; 17/08/14 06:45 PM.
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
People are not asking just for any companions/henchmen but they are specifically asking for more companions/henchmen with a storyline. Just like Madora and Jahan.

Last edited by Elwyn; 17/08/14 06:46 PM.
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT WHAT A COMPANION COMES WITH. Quit manipulating the topic into something it's not and splitting hairs.

The actual issue is people are saying they want MORE COMPANIONS IN THE GAME...(So therefore the companions functionality is totally irrelevant)

When people say they Want more companions THEY ARE ASKING FOR SOMETHING THAT IS ALREADY IN THE GAME.

derp

T
banned
banned
T
Originally Posted by Elwyn
People are not asking just for any companions/henchmen but they are specifically asking for more companions/henchmen with a storyline. Just like Madora and Jahan.
Gosh you people are dense.
People saying that they want MORE companions/Henchmen with stories added to the game IS STILL ASKING FOR COMPANIONS/HENCHMEN TO BE ADDED TO THE GAME. saying they want some with story lines doesn't change what people are asking for..

Adding story to them doesn't change what people are asking for. in the end people are still asking for Companions/Henchmen to be added to the game which there are already at least 50. so people are asking for something to be added that there is already plenty of.

Instead of asking for more companions/henchmen with story lines or whatever, people should be asking for story lines to be added to the already existing companions/henchmen

And BTW Madora and Jahan don't have story-lines and the only different between them and what's available at the hall of heroes is they're available earlier.. Other than that they're the same exact thing that are found in the Hall Of heroes.

Last edited by tx3000; 17/08/14 07:15 PM.
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Elwyn
Gosh you people are dense.
People saying that they want MORE companions/Henchmen with stories added to the game IS STILL ASKING FOR COMPANIONS/HENCHMEN TO BE ADDED TO THE GAME. saying they want some with story lines doesn't change what people are asking for..

Adding story to them doesn't change what people are asking for. in the end people are still asking for Companions/Henchmen to be added to the game which there are already at least 50. so people are asking for something to be added that there is already plenty of.

Instead of asking for more companions/henchmen with story lines or whatever, people should be asking for story lines to be added to the already existing companions/henchmen

And BTW Madora and Jahan don't have story-lines and the only different between them and what's available at the hall of heroes is they're available earlier.. Other than that they're the same exact thing that are found in the Hall Of heroes.

derp

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
People saying that they want MORE companions/Henchmen with stories added to the game IS STILL ASKING FOR COMPANIONS/HENCHMEN TO BE ADDED TO THE GAME.

Adding story to them doesn't change what people are asking for.

Madora and Jahan DO have storylines. And they DO comment on your in-game actions. And they DO talk to your main characters so that you have to decide whether to agree or disagree with them.

But even if you do not see the difference between companions and henchmen and do not think it is that important: Some others do see this difference and deem it as very important.

Edit: Back to topic. Raze mentioned that a very big update is upcoming. It will be probably released this week. AFAIK it should contain changes to co-op dialogs. Let's hope that some new companions will be added as well.

Last edited by Elwyn; 17/08/14 07:27 PM.
T
banned
banned
T
Every companion comments on you if you get them in your party so saying it's only Madora and Jahan is moronic. As I said they only have those options because they're available EARLY enough but if you could gain access to the hall of heroes right from the start of the game anyone you were able to select from there would be exactly the same. People are only applying WHEN they get them instead of what they are in the game.

And learn to read because I nowhere said Companions ARE henchmen is said Companions/henchmen which means either or or both.

And what people epic fail to grasp is, they somehow think adding companions/henchmen with stories to the game means you're not adding more of something that's already in the game.

If there are 30 companions/henchmen in the game already and then people ask for about 5 more companions/henchmen with stories to be added into the game. then now you have 35 companions/henchmen instead of just 30. The overall factor is 5 more of something that was already in the game got added. Having a storyline doesn't change what they are which are Companions/henchmen which are in the game already

There is a difference between these 2 things:
Asking for more companion/henchmen with stories to be added to the game
Is not the same as saying:
Add stories to the companions/henchmen that are already in the game.

Patching the game for the already existing companions/henchmen to have stories is far more beneficial, less time consuming and 100 times easier, than what people have been asking for which is having the developers create a completely brand new set of companions/henchmen with stories then adding them into the game.

Last edited by tx3000; 17/08/14 07:37 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
don't bother, look up this guys posts, he is clearly antagonizing all over the forum.And when not agreed upon starts namecalling and shouting.
Larian,forum button to report user please.
FYI people, you can ignore him so you no longer see the body/content of his posts

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
T
banned
banned
T
As usual you're off topic and harassing me. Anyone can see that you're reply was posted specifically for nothing more than wanting me to say something to you.

Last edited by Elwyn; 17/08/14 09:22 PM. Reason: removed offensive language
addict
addict
After I finished my first game I've been waiting for the next major update as they said that it would include new companions ... not henchmen, but companions. I'm not even going to try to explain the difference if you don't get it. They said this would come out in August.

So I've not played for about a week now because I figured as soon as I started they would update the game. I need to know what the new companions are so I can build my PC's to complement them. So I've been waiting. But I assume they are working on getting them right along with bug crushing and then testing to make sure the bug crushing doesn't make more bugs.

I'm not busting it up yet but I am chomping at the bit.

Last edited by LeBurns; 17/08/14 07:37 PM.
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by dwelfusius

Larian,forum button to report user please.

There is a notify button in the right lower corner (next to edit and reply buttons) which you can hit to report a post.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard