Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
the void dragon has killed Astarte in the first round before i get to move like 10 times now. cannot progress. i dont mind the need to protect her. but allowing the void dragon to do enough dmg to kill her before any of my chars can even move is stupid. will not finish your game.

addict
addict

T
T
for me, void dragon always opens the battle in exact same manner:
breath attack 1 --> summon goons --> ba 2 --> ba 3 --> ba 4; poison/earth is always one of the 4 attacks, which Astare is immune to. she never dies on me in the very first round.

guess it happens? but 10 times in a row? must be some huge bug there~~"

Last edited by teardropmina; 20/08/14 01:19 AM.
H
journeyman
journeyman
H
you can spam petrify, blind, frozen and stun on the dragon and make it useless ad infinitum.
That fight is way too cheesy

T
T
OP has trouble because Astarte dies constantly in the first round before we can pour any cheese in. that shouldn't happen though~

Have you tried to split up you party? Maybe you can trigger the fight with one of your heroes while Astarte is far away, following the other three? When I did this battle she was too far away to get hurt. Only an occasional goon threatens her from time to time. It turned out to be an easy battle since I could more or less ignore her.

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Well then, you can strip the Void Dragon of all its dignity by using lava core at its landing spot during the previous boss fight.
Beware you will lose all your dignity too frown

addict
addict
The only way I stopped the dragon from killing the goddess in the first turn (before I even act) was to make sure that all my characters were as far up towards where the dragon appears as possible when the first battle ends. Then the dragon would focus some of it's attacks on my guys and the goddess would live.

As far as using any spells against the dragon, I call BS. I tried everything possible against the beast and it's immune to everything or the spells simple fail. Either way it's a waste of AP to even try. Ended up killing it by hacking away at it for an hour while one character healed and another took care of the summons.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Astarte could use some tweaking, no question.

Placing her a bit further away should prevent OPs problem and while Larian's at it, they could improve her AI a little bit. She loved casting Water of Life on herself a little bit too much.

Regarding the Dragon, he proofed relatively resistant to mos CC spells for me, but I managed to knock him down a couple of times with Boulder Bash.
Divine Light helps to make him less resistant to skills by bringing down his Willpower and Body-building (or is it just willpower?).

A
addict
addict
A
This is a general forum. Why are you posting spoilers on the title? Such inconsiderate poster.

Link Copied to Clipboard