Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#546601 21/08/14 07:29 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Unfortunately pressing F8 to reload now crashes the game to desktop. As well, in rock/paper/scissors I get a weird blaring sound over my speakers. Never happened before this patch.

stranger
stranger
I just found out, that since V1.0.130 the elemental resistance is capped at 80% frown

addict
addict
Well I never liked F8 to reload anyway. I mean, who programs a game that way? Everyone knows Reload is supposed to be F9.

I remapped mine. I wonder if it still crashes if you do that.

Interesting about the resistance cap. Can't say it surprises me though. Most games have a cap like that.

I wonder if that fixes the bug (or feature) where if you have more than 100% in a resistance that then that element heals you. For example if your Fire resistance was 110%, then fire attacks actually heal you.

I also wonder if those cap are applied to element monsters also. Would a Fire element now take 'some' damage from a fire attack?

So many questions...

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Nah, i believe you're just soft-capped at 80%, if you cast a Shield Spell you will probably get to over 100%.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Guess zombie trait is broke. The description still says poison heals but at 80% it does dmg and no healing.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by kurausu
Nah, i believe you're just soft-capped at 80%, if you cast a Shield Spell you will probably get to over 100%.

I tested that..its hard cap of 80.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by kurausu

This is incorrect. Shield spells are also capped at 80%.

I hate to say it but it does seem Larian is being a bit haphazard with the updates, the last few have had "fixes" that have broken something else. It's a bit of a shame.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by tarasis
I hate to say it but it does seem Larian is being a bit haphazard with the updates, the last few have had "fixes" that have broken something else. It's a bit of a shame.

Indeed it is a shame. This game was quite fun before - good thing it is possible to roll back patches.

C
stranger
stranger
C
how do u do a rollback on Steam? On GoG I heard its possible but mine's Steam.

Last edited by Caed; 21/08/14 09:13 PM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Caed

You unfortunately cannot roll back on steam. You can, however, tell the game not to update on the properties menu... which doesn't help you if you've already downloaded the new step backward... I mean "patch"

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by strider24seven
Originally Posted by Caed

You unfortunately cannot roll back on steam. You can, however, tell the game not to update on the properties menu... which doesn't help you if you've already downloaded the new step backward... I mean "patch"

welp guess im screwed. Was hoping to get back into the game but not with this patch.

C
stranger
stranger
C
well if ure all caster guess ure golden but not all of us went the ez mode casters.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I went ahead and posted a request in the mod forum for a roll back mod for Steam users. I don't know if anything will come of it, but I thought I'd try.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by strider24seven
I went ahead and posted a request in the mod forum for a roll back mod for Steam users. I don't know if anything will come of it, but I thought I'd try.

Didn't know there was an option to do that but thanks for the effort. ppl are blowing up on steam moreso than here it seems over this patch.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Perhaps if we make enough noise, Larian will consider reverting a lot of these changes.

addict
addict
Like I said before most games have a cap like that and I'm glad it's there. In fact I was shocked you could go over 100% before.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Patch is up? Can't find on GoG :O

G
stranger
stranger
G
Oh, good, now the survivability advantage that mages have over warriors is even more comprehensive.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
You have done fucked it up Larian. How could you not test the patch before you released.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard