Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Originally Posted by prodigydancer

I give you a screenshot and you still say "nowhere in the game". This pretty much summarized the thread.

There is no screenshot in the first post. Just an empty square.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by tarasis

There's something there, but its javascript caused my browser to throw up a red flag so I've no idea what if anything it might point to.

J'aime le fromage.
P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by tarasis

Not sure why it doesn't work for you but it's hosted on postimg.org. And I can see it anonymously (via Tor) in a browser with cookies and JS completely disabled.

stranger
stranger
Doesn't it simply express the attitude of the fictional character Arhu, not Larian or anybody else? If you fault the publisher every time you meet an assy character in game, well... have you considered the implications any? Darth Vader is a bit of an ass in many regards, and I don't think it means George Lucas is one, necessarily.

That said, if you feel disregard or hatred towards animals is a theme in the game and in a context that you suspect the publisher is trying to put forward a political agenda, that may be cause for concern. But I hardly think that quote alone is enough to suspect that smile

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Zimith
Darth Vader is a bit of an ass in many regards, and I don't think it means George Lucas is one, necessarily.

Surely we can at least agree to disregard this notion when it comes to Jar Jar.

Last edited by Scry_Kane; 21/08/14 06:48 PM.

Generally, a notebook goes in your pocket, doesn't it? Give that notebook its own pocket. . . . in that pocket, put another notebook. . . .
G
stranger
stranger
G
crying orcs and melancholic trolls

If I ever produce a hit metal album, this is going to be its name.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
I saw the screenshot and i see no problem at all.
I'll even reproduce the text here:
The Blood. Now, I can see how it could be a fantastic thing to nurse a dying human back to health if all it takes is to sacrifice a toad, but I spy bloodlust in these people's eyes: a bloodlust that goes beyond the usual meaning of the word. - by Arhu

A work of fiction is still a work of fiction. If i write a book about a character that follows a different set of morals which are opposite to what is the standard belief, i'm not automatically agreeing with my character's viewpoint. Also, your generalization is very faulty, one line by one character is not a representative sample of the author's thoughts.

I think you're very confused because you thought Arhu was supposed to be a good person. From WHERE did you think that? It is quite obvious (to me) that a crazy shapeshifting zoophile wizard does not follow the usual moral system of the rest of Cyseal (specially considering he built that robot that killed lots of people).

I think you SHOULD like his speech. It brings ATTENTION to something you consider important and the rest of the game AGREES WITH YOU so much that you have many opportunities to show that you respect animals' lives.

I also think you underestimate people's capacity to discern what they want to belief. Even if what you said is true (that the game endorses this viewpoint), it would have failed really hard to convince us to accept that viewpoint.

Personally i think that unless we evolve to eat only minerals (i.e. rocks), i'll still think it's completely valid to kill animals and plants to eat or to do anything else that benefits our species specially if it's done in a respectful or conscious way (no need to make any species extinct).

You are entitled to your opinion. I even think it's awesome you decided to post about it so Larian can see your viewpoint (and hopefully ignore it) here, but now that you did it, i think you need to wrestle an earth elemental to develop tougher skin.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
So OP is complaining that Arhu, the wizard who builds death-rays and enjoys pretending to be a cat, values the life of a human over the life of a toad?

OP is going to have an aneurysm when she meets the Conduit.

Surely this thread is an elaborate troll.

R
RtM Offline
R
The only thing that makes it elaborate are the many many serious replies. Unbelievable really.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by H8terFisternator
So you're telling me if you're friend got mortally wounded, you wouldn't kill a toad even if it meant saving him?

No I wouldn't. You may hate me if you want to.

Death is a tragic but natural event in every being's life. Sometimes it happens early which makes the tragedy more profound but it doesn't mean you can take another life to delay the inevitable.

What if that mortally wounded friend had his life originally sapped from him to save this mad wizard's dying pet toad?

You're objectively retarded to complain about this btw. They had plenty animal rights undertones throughout the game. YOu don't remember the time you saved a chicken? And that family of cows from being eaten? You're either a troll or just a really really dumb idiot.

Last edited by H8terFisternator; 22/08/14 04:35 PM.
old hand
old hand
Lets not forget this isn't for real either. For the love of...

When you start bleeding it over into pixel games, yeah that is totally to far and bat shit crazy.

stranger
stranger
[Linked Image]

So animals don't have a right to live, right? A real nice message you're sending guys.

/facepalm

P.S. And it's even more disgusting because of the fact that Arhu is in his cat form during the dialog. Basically it's like saying: "Hey, we animals endorse the notion too. We only exist to serve humans so please kill us for whatever purpose you deem worthy."

I find most of the human race disgusting, quoted poster included.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard