Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
stranger
stranger
A
I don't know, but as soon as my char reaches the stair, the game stops working and closes. I have finished the game, no prob.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
That is promising, thanks!

Could you supply Mace a savegame where this crash happens as he asked about it?

T
T
Hello!

So I got my friend interested in the game and we'll try to play it with this mod tomorrow.

Question, when it comes to character creation, could we do 2 characters each or will someone of us have to make all 4 and then assign 2 of them ingame? I've been playing this mod up to level 15 without any issues what so ever, but then its single player. Not even sure how multiplayer works! :P

Thanks for the mod btw, I love the oldschool way of making your whole party yourself.

O
stranger
stranger
O
im getting the save issues (quicksave doesn't work, and trying to save games just does nothing i click OK 100 times and it does nothing.) also the 3rd and 4th characters lose their abilities every time upon loading the map, the switch up in character creation leaves you unable to see the person on the left when trying to customize their features. i playing single player, i ave duplicated the result 5 times, before i gave up and turned off the game, because i wanted to make a male knight and a female wizard, and didn't want to be stuck with two knights and two wizards, because those are the only companions in the game i tried to make a female rogue and cleric for slots 3 and 4 renaming the rogue cleric and knight and got the issue described above. i customized the appearance of the rogue cleric and knight as well. i tried again not changing any genders, but making a male knight with customized appearance and name, and a female rogue no customization, then a male cleric and female wizard both customized, same issue. then i tried a male uncustomized cleric, and uncustomized female rogue, followed by a customized male knight and female wizard, same issue.

for me the game in unplayable until i can make the party i want, because i refuse to build my main characters around their companions to have the party set up I desire

Last edited by Omnion; 23/08/14 09:52 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
The creation of this mod is the core of my wishes for this game. But Lone Wolf game me a bad headache in the original 2 player mode (co-op). To be honest it needs a boost than anything. The game is hard as it is (playing on the hardest difficulty), as soon we get multiple enemies it gets annoying, fun but annoying. But my point being, Lone Wolf has a big sacrifice and the difficulty has a big impact on you already thanks to the enemy AI. If anything I think that 2 extra character should automatically have no partners because it be too many on the screen and a LONG wait per turn.

With that said, what really needs balancing is blocking, 100% damage reduction with only durability lowered. I always thought, the amount of damage you give is the force and skill/technique you have. So you parry the attack with no consequence is kind of dull. If possible depending on your percentage/number of your block, strength, defense rating, weapon/shield, willpower and luck/critical value (luck gives you a higher chance of getting a higher roll value) you should get a higher fatigue on the amount of hits you block (the more you block constantly, the higher your fatigue gets but get refreshed during time).
The thought process is that you cannot block everything without taking SOME damage of some sort.
That can be the balance Lone Wolf needs, sure you get powerful fast but the longer the game goes, you will be outnumbered and surrounded and cannot take the punch the enemy delivers.

Note: Kingdom Hearts did that, you can choose if you want to level up fast in the beginning or the opposite way.

P.S.
About blocking, my partner co-op player has a tank that can block 35% of the time, which is a low number but you block more than you think, add that 100% damage reduction with willpower, the resistance of the elements and on occasion some buffs it becomes a man of steel that absorb the direct damage even if you gotten surrounded and thanks to the heal skill Man-of-Arms has and the HP he has on the character, he can withstand anything. It sounds incredible but like I said, if you get surrounded with multiple enemies they will take you down eventually thanks to the mechanic of multiple enemies has. 1 strong hero won't beat multiple enemies without sacrifices, not alone.

<< The Dragon Comes, the Dragon shows and enemies falls >>
W
stranger
stranger
W
Hey Tiaexz,

I've been playing a lot with 3 friends thanks to your mod it was really fun.

Well, currently we are not able to load/join the game with FourPlay, but we assume that is a just a little side-effect of divinity last patch...

I have noticed that you have hidden the file on nexusmod and I would like to know if you plan to fix the mod or not.

No pressure here, just want to know if we have to start all over or not haha :D

thanks.

Last edited by windshapes; 15/09/14 08:35 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Darn, still no update to this huh? Alas I must suffer.

C
stranger
stranger
C
would be fixed in the new patch now?

can't even find the download anymore :<

I think the nexus mods website itself is down at the moment frown

EDIT, seems DNS server says it can't resolve it, they forget to renew domain name?

EDIT: Now that their DNS is fixed we need to wait on update for latest patch.... Wonder when that will be laugh

Last edited by Phalzyr; 31/10/14 09:33 PM.

Insanity Is Just A Matter Of Opinion
C
stranger
stranger
C
I really hope it gets fixed soon, I got two other friends and we want to play new story !

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Omnion
...(litany of major problems caused by the mod)...

...for me the game in unplayable until i can make the party i want, because i refuse to build my main characters around their companions to have the party set up I desire

Got to say that this viewpoint is indecipherable to me. The game is "unplayable" for you because you have injected mod code into it which seeks to alter the fundamental structure of the game as it is intended for play by its authors & programmers. Many RPGs allow for the player to set up his party according to the ideas you've espoused here, but it must be noted that many RPGs also do things *differently* from your interpretation of "old school"...and yet they are no less "RPGs" for having done so. IE, there is no set-in-granite, single-rule, cookie-cutter textbook for an RPG adventure to follow, thank goodness.

In this case, the changes the mod is attempting to hack into the game structure don't even make sense as far as I can see. The game is deliberately and purposefully written so that the player does *not* begin the game with a pre-made party that was assembled in all the particulars before the actual start of the game and its plot progressions. Rather, only two such players are meant to start from scratch while the rest are picked up along the way according to the player's choices.

By attempting to force more than two players into the game from the start, all that has happened is that the situations and choices created later in the game in order to accent and facilitate the player *adding* team members to the party as desired are *nullified.* The mod removes the foundational reasons for the additions of those players, and in the process renders much of the developing game a waste of time and investigative energy.

Further, when acting "alone" in the earlier parts of the game, the starting characters are purposefully subjected to circumstances that, when navigated successfully, contribute to the advancement of the initial players at a rate far in excess of what, say, a beginning party of four members might expect, since the rewards are meant to be divvied up among two members instead of four members. The game is balanced and set up to play through according to its beginning plot structures, and so those are better left alone to avoid with potentially catastrophic game-breaking results, as you have already discovered.

There are plenty of RPGs that allow the player to fully assemble a complete if inexperienced party before the actual adventure begins, and I'd strongly advise playing one of them instead of taking a wonderful game like this and bashing it to pieces trying to get it to follow conventions and plots and rules Original Sin was never intended to follow...

Of course, there are no "hard & fast" rules to modding, either...;) You can, if desired, essentially mod any given game to do and be anything other than what it was designed to do and be. At least theoretically. But some changes are simply more logical and more desirable than others, strictly due to the odds greatly favoring the success of the mod taking the course of the least natural resistance to the original game...!...:) For instance, as far as ambitious Original Sin mods go, these two are certainly worthy contenders in terms of making major changes to the game:

1) Modding D:OS to allow the player to start the game with four fully customized party members instead of six;
2) Modding D:OS to support a fully functioning, in-depth day/night cycle.

I believe the second choice above would be the one with actually the best chance of successful completion, chiefly because it seeks to challenge or change *nothing* fundamental about the game, and simply adds to the already-established superstructure of the game itself. I see the first choice above as far more difficult and time consuming because it would necessitate basic changes to the game itself, the ramifications of which would of necessity be felt all the way through the game. The first mod I, personally, would discourage; but the second I would be likely to undertake myself...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard