Demuder #547104 22/08/14 03:04 PM
T
tar Offline
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Demuder
Originally Posted by strider24seven

-Quest fixes and bug fixes. Most of them were fairly minor, though actually filling out the philosophy of death I guess is good for newer players who haven't figured out the answers to the ghost's questions yet.

Actually, from a nihilistic point of view, I had found the empty book quite a funny and on-the-spot pun. I had no idea it was bugged, hehe.

haha, up until now I thought this had been intentional as well

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Fireblade
Originally Posted by Dr. Hieronymous
You can set auto-updates on or off in your Steam settings

No you can't. You can only configure whether you want it to update the game automatically, or update the game when you launch it. Either way, it's updating the game.

Unless there's something I'm missing...feel free to fill me in if there is.

You can run D:OS outside of steam, so you can go to the install folder and run it from there and not do an update.

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
-Inventory changes. Now you cannot have more than one inventory open at a time, nor can you have one character operate on another's inventory via crafting.

Completely false. Opening up multiple inventories still works fine. So does operating on another's inventory (tested with repair hammer).

The only change I see is that when you switch active characters, your open inventory window(s) may change to a different character. Lots of people had asked for this, I guess. Hopefully they enjoy what they whined for, because it can be confusing as hell now when you switch active chars with multiple inventories open.

edit: I'm also going to guess that that last part is your source of confusion. To bring up additional inventory windows, right-click on character portraits, or left-click the inventory icon below their portrait.

Actually, I am completely unable to open more than one inventory in my game now. Even through the inventory button. I guess this is yet another bug introduced with this patch.

Actually, I am completely unable to open more than one inventory in my game now. Even through the inventory button. I guess this is yet another bug introduced with this patch.

Are you sure about that? I can open four if I like. But the first two I open may be on top of each other. Try to move one of them.

ivra #547500 23/08/14 06:37 PM
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
I have tried moving the windows, but there is only one open at any given time. Switching characters just switches the inventories. Attempting to open further inventories (either via the hotkey or via the button under the portrait) just closes the current inventory.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
It seems to be impossible to open two inventories for the same character, which was extremely useful for crafting. Now it means having to move objects out of the inventory in order to perform the same tasks, or some very tedious fiddling about.

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #547508 23/08/14 07:13 PM
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Or excessive use of backpacks

No such problem here. Tested just now with latest Steam version. Click the inventory window under 4 characters (or right-click 4 characters' portraits), and I have 4 inventory windows open.

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S

No such problem here. Tested just now with latest Steam version. Click the inventory window under 4 characters (or right-click 4 characters' portraits), and I have 4 inventory windows open.

I do not doubt this to be the case - I have submitted a bug report already, and encouraged the other people that have this bug to do the same.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard