Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So, many people seem to be a bit lost in Rivellon so here's my (incomplete) "golden path" which should more or less guarantee that you always meet enemies at levels which are similar to your own (max two levels above or one level below your own). It also follows the story as I think it is "intended". Of course the game don't force you to do it that way but if you follow this way combat should be challenging and fun most/all of the time without being too hard or too easy (if one of both is nevertheless the case, you should just think about choosing another difficulty setting in general):

In Cyseal:
1) solve quests in Cyseal
2) enter the cave under the cementary
3) head out west of town until the lighthouse
4) head out south-west to the beach
5) enther Black Cove
6) head out north to until the cave to the north-western beach
8) head out north-west to the beach
9) enter E.'s cave
10) head out east to the trapped house
11) head out north-east to the cementary/church
12) head out north-north-east to the burning fields
13) enter the dungeon under the church
14) travel to Luculla forest/Silverglen -> click on the bridge in the north above the burning fields

In Luculla forest
1) enter Silverglen
2) head out south to the cabin of the White Witch
3) head out north until you find the spell for the cabin
4) enter the cabin of the White Witch
5) enter the cave
6) enter the lake and travel to Hiberheim

In Hiberheim
1) solve the puzzles in the cave
2) clear the main map of Hiberheim
3) enter the elemental forge
4) enter Boreas's castle
5) enter the prison
6) travel back to Silverglen/Luculla forest

In Luculla forest again:
1) enter Silverglen
2) head out south-south-east to the goblin paths
3) enter the Luculla mines
4) head out north-west for the Immaculate trials
5) head out north-east to the desert
6) head out south-east to the Immaculate territory/Sacred Stone
7) enter the Immaculate cathedral north of Sacred Stone
8) travel to the Phantom forest -> click on one of the two bridges in the south-east or east

In Phantom Forest
1) head south-east to Hunter's Edge
2) solve quests in Hunter's Edge
3) enter the Knight's tomb
4) solve the situation in Hunter's Edge
5) head out north-west to the cursed area
6) clear the whole area

Feel free to discuss or continue the "golden path" for the remaining Phantom Forest area (please in spoilers). smile

Last edited by LordCrash; 08/07/14 08:18 PM.

WOOS
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Thanks, Lord Crash. I seem to have done much of that, although my own path would need a few more numbers with 'Faffed about a bit' in it.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Nice thread Lord Crash. I don't think I can give any helpful advice on the 'golden path' though, looking at the list I've done rather a lot of the game completely out of order. I just tend to explore on a whim, if the monsters can't kill me then I'm clearly supposed to be there :P

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Can you guide me to the White Witch's cave? And where is the lake that can guide me to the next city? Some one told me the cave is behind the cabin, but I just couldn't find it.

Thanks

May WE explore like Adventurers, roam like Raiders, live like Kings and Queens
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by TheNorthernRock
Can you guide me to the White Witch's cave? And where is the lake that can guide me to the next city? Some one told me the cave is behind the cabin, but I just couldn't find it.

Thanks

Just enter the cellar of the White Witch's cabin (after you deactivated the force field). There you can see the dungeon behind a door (north wall). The lever/button to open the door is just left of the door at the wall (it's small so zoom in).

WOOS
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Thanks a lot!

May WE explore like Adventurers, roam like Raiders, live like Kings and Queens
addict
addict
great! thx!

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
B
stranger
stranger
B
Is that the end of the game when you've done your last number 6 (Clear the whole area)? I'm thereabouts now and I want to complete everything else before finishing the game!

Thanks

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks. I did beat luculla mines before heading out to hiberheim though.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Now what does look better for a golden run:

1 - Enter temple before or after becoming an Immaculate?
2 - Enter the temple before or after having tenebrium weapons or a way to deal with the knights? (remove their protection)

I think it's nice to go there and run away because it makes sense story-wise to give more time to the Conduit do more mischief =P

I'd be inclined to put Black Cove after E's cave - one of the dialogues in the latter points to E's involvement with what's happening in the former and seems to be designed to send the party there after dealing with E.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
However, enemies at Black Cove are a piece of cake after Evelyn. Or maybe that is what is supposed to happen.

I usually go north, fight all the undead until i get to level 5, then go fight the ghoul at the lighthouse, then i go face the orcs on the beach, do everything on the black cave, then i go to evelyn's lair, then baron of bones, twins by fire joined and finally go meet BR =P

Edit: By the way Lord Crash, can you update your threads with more details (not spoilers), just a bit more directions/details regarding areas.

Last edited by kurausu; 05/08/14 02:23 PM.
addict
addict
A checklist! Man I have so needed this.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Did you guys clean Hunter's Edge completely?

Me and my friend made them fight Grutilda and after she died and we killed all remaining orcs, we tried to start an epic fight between the remaining mountain warriors, but for some reason combat didn't start for my character, so we proceeded to murder all of them without retaliation.

apprentice
apprentice
The most XP I got when I first do all the possible quests in Hunter's edge, then killing all but Grutilda and Jahrl of Hunter's Edge, hint: use teleportation and feather drop to not agro them. This way you get almost double experience from this encounter. Don't forget to lose the rock-paper-scissors game at the titans hall- 4x the XP and respectively have a rather difficult fight with them.
Hope you understand my poor English.

Last edited by xiery; 24/08/14 10:43 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard