Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by kurausu
Originally Posted by fragonard
A question on weapon crafting: I have 5 BS and crated a 2H axe. It was superior and had good damage but there was no bonus as described. I am only at level 7 and have seen descriptions of weapons made at level 10 with bonus. Is there a level requirement for this?

Bonus is given by the Crafting skill, not Blacksmithing.

Try at crafting 5. Also, a part of bonus is level-dependent, at high levels some recipes give more than one bonus or double the bonus.

Ah, I haven't heard of the crafting requirement, so you need 5 in both to get the best. Thanks. Not the best news however since that means you can't split the two skills to save points. I didn't realize there was a connection between them.

Last edited by fragonard; 14/08/14 03:46 AM.
ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by fragonard
A question on weapon crafting: I have 5 BS and crated a 2H axe. It was superior and had good damage but there was no bonus as described. I am only at level 7 and have seen descriptions of weapons made at level 10 with bonus. Is there a level requirement for this?

No, I don't think so. The damage bonus is not displayed in blue, so it is a bit hard to notice if you got it or not. I just created the following two-handed axes with Blacksmithing 5 (at level 21 so their damage is quite high):
B5: Slashing: 172-343, Critical Chance: +25%
B5: Slashing: 236-471, Critical Chance: +12%
Notice that the last axe does not have the damage written in blue, but the damage bonus is definitely there.

No, that is wrong. Creating two-handed axes does not use Crafting, it uses Blacksmithing.

Edit: By the way, the hero I used to get this has Crafting = 2.

Last edited by ivra; 14/08/14 07:31 AM.
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
so tenebrium really doesn't do more than add tenebrium damage to non-tenebrium weapons and increase it to a certain cap in already-included tenebrium weapons? There just seems to be a whole lot of T in the game for only that. Also, it would be good to have a stats description of what will happen to the weapon in the crafting box instead of just the title of the object. I'm never sure when it's capped or what element will be replaced nor how much will be added. This just makes it easier and less tedious than having to experiment by constantly reloading the game. Unless of course, I'm missing some hotkey or something...

Last edited by Ezmeth; 14/08/14 02:09 PM.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by ivra

No, I don't think so. The damage bonus is not displayed in blue, so it is a bit hard to notice if you got it or not.

Thanks, I guess I just didn't know what I was looking at. I was expecting the bonus to be separate.
BTW: what is the STR requirement for that level 21 axe?

Last edited by fragonard; 14/08/14 04:58 PM.
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by ivra

No, that is wrong. Creating two-handed axes does not use Crafting, it uses Blacksmithing.

Edit: By the way, the hero I used to get this has Crafting = 2.
[/quote]

Oh, then the google docs document i'm using is wrong.

I thought he was talking about the bonuses we can get with crafted items.

I'm at work now so i can't do a test of this, but could check if the bonus changes with different values of craft? I'm certain you start getting the bonus at craft 2, but i don't know if the bonus increases with higher crafting or not.

Last edited by kurausu; 14/08/14 05:28 PM.
ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
I have used the google doc myself to verify the recipes. In the Weapons sheet you will see the line for two-handed axes in row 11. It clearly states that you need Blacksmithing 2 to craft it and that you get the one of two bonuses if you have Blacksmithing 5. I have tested it in the game and with Blacksmithing 2-4 the same weapon is created. With blacksmithing 5 one of two weapons are created; one with a damage bonus and one with a critical hit chance bonus. And to answer your question fragonard: It requires Strength 16.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Hmm nice, so having a higher level of craft than 2 only provides the player with a variation of bonuses, interesting.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Just one additional remark to the starfish:

If you buy it at vendors the price already tells you the difference. Although identically looking one costs 5 times the other ones.

Regards,
Thorsten

K
stranger
stranger
K
In regards to the Two-Handed Axe variations, the one that has the built in "bonus dmg" will not accept further enhancing on the whetstone making the crit increase one pretty viable if not a clear win once you enhance that , the loss of dmg between them is lower than the increase in critical chance as overall percentage...still the elemental dmg/tenebrium will suffer in the process

argue with an idiot and he will drag you to his level then beat you with experience
P
P
I've been suspecting something for a while regarding the damage boosts from whetstone wheels. I think and cannot verify this, but when the weapon is created it is a 2H Axe with an existing damage boost. When boosted again the old boost is removed and the new boost is applied. Objectively it worked. Subjectively there is no change.

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
I am working on updating the list to match the changes done in version 1.0.130.0. When I am done I will contact Raze and he will update the three first posts of this thread (+ the title). You can expect to see the changes sometimes tomorrow. I think.

Note: You are still welcome to post changes you encounter. I am aware of the following:
  • Skulls can be crushed again with a Mortar and Pestle to create Bonedust.
  • Ancient Human Skull can be combined with Pixie Dust to create a magical variant, which in turn can be used to create amulets, belts and rings.

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
No need to wait until tomorrow. The list is already updated by Raze.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I think this guide is invaluable.

Last edited by linda398; 26/08/14 02:19 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Can anyone tell me where to get rabbit paws from? Tried evety npc in cyceal and killed a few rabbits but so far havent seen any

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by buddyslack
Can anyone tell me where to get rabbit paws from? Tried evety npc in cyceal and killed a few rabbits but so far havent seen any

I do not think there is a certain way to get it, but the most likely to have it in Cyseal is Cytia the Enchantress and Conrad. From my experience your level has to be high enough; it will not show up at any trader if your level is too low. I am not sure how high is high enough, but I have a save game where I am level 5 and Conrad sells one. Notice that all traders update their inventory when you gain a new level.

Last edited by ivra; 26/08/14 01:26 PM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Ah ok, I'm lvl 7 now and Cytia seems to have everything but rabbit paws, I'll save before I check when I next level up

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
I'm going to share with everyone "Tenebrium transformation" trick I figured out.

First, convert regular weapon to Tenebrium one, by adding Tenebrium bar.
Tenebrium damage boost is greater then boost from adding elemental essence to the weapon.

On the other hand, if your character is dedicated to regular weapon skills, this may not be such great idea, since you will lose on total damage dealt, due to any weapon with Tenebrium using Tenebrium weapon skill instead.

Now comes the trick. Use elemental essence on this kind of weapon to add some kind of elemental damage. Result will be that elemental damage boost will add same amount of damage as Tenebrium did.

To sum up:
(Weapon + Tenebrium Bar) + Elemental Essence -> more elemental damage then Weapon + Elemental Essence

EDIT:
One important thing to add. Weapon skill increases just base damage of the weapon: Slashing, Crushing or Piercing. It does not affect any additional elemental, poison or Tenebrium damage that weapon can have. This is true for both regular weapon skills and Tenebrium weapon skill.
In case of staffs, base elemental damage of the staff is also modified by the skill.

Last edited by player1; 07/09/14 10:33 PM.
ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Has anybody noticed some changes to the crafting recipes, except for the one noticed in the patch notes?

Regarding that it seems the necessary tenebrium skill increases as the item level of the weapon increase. For instance I managed to add tenebrium damage to an item level 1 weapon with only 1 in tenebrium. For a item level 19 weapon I needed tenebrium 4 (I actually do not know if tenebrium 3 is good enough, but I know that tenebrium 2 is too low). Need to test a bit more.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
[quote=player1]I'm going to share with everyone "Tenebrium transformation" trick I figured out.

First, convert regular weapon to Tenebrium one, by adding Tenebrium bar.
Tenebrium damage boost is greater then boost from adding elemental essence to the weapon.

On the other hand, if your character is dedicated to regular weapon skills, this may not be such great idea, since you will lose on total damage dealt, due to any weapon with Tenebrium using Tenebrium weapon skill instead.

Now comes the trick. Use elemental essence on this kind of weapon to add some kind of elemental damage. Result will be that elemental damage boost will add same amount of damage as Tenebrium did.

To sum up:
(Weapon + Tenebrium Bar) + Elemental Essence -> more elemental damage then Weapon + Elemental Essence

EDIT:
One important thing to add. Weapon skill increases just base damage of the weapon: Slashing, Crushing or Piercing. It does not affect any additional elemental, poison or Tenebrium damage that weapon can have. This is true for both regular weapon skills and Tenebrium weapon skill.
In case of staffs, base elemental damage of the staff is also modified by the skill. [/quote]

So what you're saying is, if you overwrite the Tenebrium enchant with an Essence enchant, it "inherits" the damage from the Tenebrium enchant? And also reverts the weapon skill back to one-handed/bow/etc. instead of Tenebrium skill?

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
^Damage is converted back to elemental damage, but amount of extra damage added stays (which is more then essence itself can add normally). And weapon will again use normal skill.

This is useful for character you do not want to invest having tenebrium skill, but do want to give increased elemental damage then usually.

Of course, with recent patch changes, you will probably want to have one character with tenebrium skill, since with new patch tenebrium skill is used for adding tenebrium bars to regular weapons.

Last edited by player1; 16/09/14 06:17 PM.
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard