Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
I know it's a pet peeve of mine to wait for everything I paid to have at my disposal before I start playing the game proper, and I'm not here to demand anything, just ask a little question:

When? When are they going to be in the game?

I can guess by how long it's been and what they do that it's probably some issues holding it back from release to those of us who backed enough to get them. That, and the priority level is probably the closest it can get without being non-zero.

Now, with the disclaimers to make it clear that I'm not asking anyone to deliver them now, nor am I making any claim that we (chosen few) who paid at least that much money during kickstarter to get them should get them already, I can ask my question more specifically:

What is the precise reason behind it? For to extending my patience, I would at least need to better know the situation, so I ask: Is it far down on the backburner, is it being buggy and being delayed, did aliens take it?
Anyone who knows anything, feel free to share.

P.S. I already wrote to Larian asking about them engraving tools about a month ago, wondering if perhaps my game was being buggy. Back then they told me it was still in the works. I wouldn't send them an e-mail over this, even though technically making a thread about it isn't all that warranted, but heck, I need to get my questions out there somehow.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
This whole kickstarter thing is half-scam.
I understand the initial cost of making a game and i find supporting it great.
But then it comes to a point which is like: ''Give us 100.000$ more so we can add another tree to the game, because adding another tree cost us that much effort.''

Most of Exclusive things kickstarter games offer can be made for free by community modders.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Pretty nice way to ask EinTroll. Very different from many other users on the forums.
I hope they answer you fast and you get your rewards asap.

As for Zerkain... please don't go this route. You're just embarassing yourself.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Guess the disclaimers are keeping most pointless posts at bay. But still no answer, no clue, no direction on the actual questions I am eager to know the answer to.

Thank you, kurausu, for your kind words, btw. But honestly, that's what anyone searching for specific answers should do, imo; close down potential false or already beaten paths. Alas, it takes patience, a virtue few still bear.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Eintroll, This is exactly where 'having patience' gets you. The game has been released a month (give or take a day) and the backer rewards still haven't been completed, still waiting for the drm-free disc (what do you know, there was a delay on that too, at least we're getting it, Larian tried to wriggle out of it until some people made it perfectly clear that that particular matter wasn't up for negotiation)

If you had all taken a leaf out of the book of the vocal minority then all this would have been cleared up sooner. If Larian had though for a second that their whole community would jump on them for this it would never have been as shoddy as it has been, but some people shout and more people shout them down, effectively doing Larian's damage control for them.

..and you expect Larian to jump? LOL.

Last edited by wibble; 27/08/14 04:34 AM.
Support
Support

wibble;
So if everyone shouted, nothing would take longer than expected, there would be no bugs to deal with, and nobody would get sidelined for medical reasons?

EinTroll;
I don't know what is going on with the engraving tool, but there is a larger patch expected next month to add the other two companions, so it may be added then.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Not much to go on, but a worthwhile clue. Thank you, Raze.

wibble, if everyone shouted, the guys at Larian might just decide to wear earplugs, for their sanity's sake.
Suffice it to say that I'm still on Larian's side through everything they do. Their greyscale looks more white than black to me, but not pristine white, mind you.

But that's getting off-topic. As far as I'm concerned, unless there's some deeper, in-house explanation to be given, this thread has run its course and can be closed, or just left to sink into the oblivion of forgotten threads.

Have a nice day, everyone!

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
"Thread closed, just reply if you want to re-open it."

Hmm, on second thoughts, I'll leave it be. laugh

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

It wasn't meant as a clue. I just figured the engraving tool will need some UI updates, which might depend on other changes, that could be planned for the patch. If there isn't at least some news about it by then, though, a little shouting might be in order. biggrin

apprentice
apprentice
Any news on this? smile

Ke se marei gola
journeyman
journeyman
Just send a mail to larian and receive this response about the engraving tool :

"Hello,

The engraving tool doesn't exist and the potion is always active, it's not really an item.

Hope this helps you.

Best,
Lynn"

My signed collector bike ; )
veteran
veteran
What?

I mean WHAT?!

Come on, those engraving tools were promised as one of the Kickstarter Tier rewards.

veteran
veteran
Indeed, NO "Engraving Tools" ... very sadly frown

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Joram
Indeed, NO "Engraving Tools" ... very sadly frown

Sad, nothing. BULLSHIT is what it is. I mean sure, the missing digital map and the missing engraving tools are small things sure, they don't really impact your game experience, BUT...

Larian, it is... the nicest way to put it is "not polite" to put such things as tier rewards for your Kickstarter and then just not bother actually delivering them. It is over 6 months after release of your very successful game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey

Larian, it is... the nicest way to put it is "not polite" to put such things as tier rewards for your Kickstarter and then just not bother actually delivering them. It is over 6 months after release of your very successful game.

I said sadly, you name it "not polite" ... that's okay wink

Sorry I used the word 'sadly' :hihi:

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
W
journeyman
journeyman
W
I bet you're all really glad you gave them the benefit of the doubt now.

How is sitting on your thumbs suiting you now.... By not insisting, you ALL allowed Larian to weasel out of this.

Had you insisted to begin with they may not have been so sure they'd get away with it and may have lived up to the promises they made in order to squeeze 'just a little bit more' out of our wallets.

Morons.

Edit.. Out of curiosity, when was the last time Larian actually replied to the forums to address your issues?

Last edited by wibble; 09/02/15 09:32 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard