#548255 26/08/14 03:03 PM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Hello,

Just few easy questions :
Could we charm and summon two different creatures in a battle ? my ranger can summon a spider and charm an ennemy at the same time ?
Could we charm 2 creatures at the same time with scoundrel and marksman charm ?

Thanks for your answers smile

Last edited by bambou1000; 26/08/14 03:06 PM.
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Hello there,
I have a ranger that I took one point of scoundrel with just so I would have 2 charms. So far I can charm 1 with an arrow/scoundrel touch but regardless what I try for the second the spell always fails. I am not sure if it is just bad RNG, bugged, or simply cant be done. Before the last patch me and my co-op buddy reloaded a mid battle save and tried 4 or 5 times in a row to charm two baddies at the same time and the second attempt failed every time.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Ok thanks for your answer :), so 2 charm seems to be impossible.

And for one summon and one charm ?
When you read the tooltip of summoned creatures on the divinity wikia (dunno if its a viable source), it just mentioned "You can only have one summon at a time." doesn't talk about charmed pet, so we could think you could have one summon pet and one charmed pet.
It's not the same mechanical, one is controled by you, the other by the UI.

Last edited by bambou1000; 27/08/14 07:35 AM.
T
T
summon and charm are different and used/counted separately.

my wayfarer summoned and charmed at the same time frequently.

as for charming more than one; well, charming skills have long cooldown time, without using special arrows, there's no chance for one character to charm two enemies, since the first charmed will either be dead or woken up before the charm skill is activated again.

I save all the special arrows for special fights, but just end up never using any of them~~

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Ok smile thanks a lot, so potentially with 4 rangers you could have 8 creature fighting for you at the same time (assuming your characters have all 1 point in geomancer skill (and the spider summon)).

T
T
yes, it could; however, rupture is mid-level(10) skill, and the battles generally are challenging pre-level 10. before you get to your 8 helpers, you need to survive early combats with basically range attacks?

maybe mix in earthy rouges? you can get charming touch at lvl 6, backstabbing and high crowd control bonus: stun, blind and knowndown:)

at any event, pump up DEX as high as possible, higher DEX increases the successful rate of rupture/charming touch and the duration of the charm effect (against enemy willpower).

Last edited by teardropmina; 27/08/14 10:52 AM.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by teardropmina
yes, it could; however, rupture is mid-level(10) skill, and the battles generally are challenging pre-level 10. before you get to your 8 helpers, you need to survive early combats with basically range attacks?

And where exactly would be the problem there? The only real problem a 4 ranger approach inherits is a lack of bought/crafted special crowd control arrowas, these are scarece even with static cloud crafting.

But against the undead early on 4 Rangers plus 4 spiders? Easy enough.

Regards,
Thorsten

Link Copied to Clipboard