Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 33 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 32 33
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Kolopaper
Haha, nice answer! I hope we can modify them soon, in order to add them. Some of them seem pretty interesting

?
You can add them with the editor. Left click to add.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Moose, for this editor you are running the latest game patch for it to work?

D
stranger
stranger
D
I'm using alpha19, and a clean save from the very beginning of the game (first Autosave upon entering the tutorial dungeon). I've used no other tools to edit or mod the save. No matter what small change I make, the game then crashes when it tries to load the edited save. I tried making the most modest change possible (for instance, increasing Romantic by 5 points and that's it, no new items, no nothing) and it still crashes. Thoughts? Do I have to get to a certain point in the game, say past the tutorial, first? Or did a recent patch/hotfix mix things up?

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Doc Faust
I'm using alpha19, and a clean save from the very beginning of the game (first Autosave upon entering the tutorial dungeon). I've used no other tools to edit or mod the save. No matter what small change I make, the game then crashes when it tries to load the edited save. I tried making the most modest change possible (for instance, increasing Romantic by 5 points and that's it, no new items, no nothing) and it still crashes. Thoughts? Do I have to get to a certain point in the game, say past the tutorial, first? Or did a recent patch/hotfix mix things up?

Can you send me a copy of the unedited save file that is causing issues?

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Dairymoose

I PMed you a link to it. After sending it though, it occurred to me that the save is not quite Vanilla, as it uses the extra move speed mod that's been floating around this forum. I don't suppose that might have something to do with it...?

stranger
stranger
I've got a problem:
Until now, i have been able to launch MooseEdit alpha19 to edit characters but since I installed the1.0.132 version of Original Sin the program no longer works. Every time I start it, it shows "Microsoft Visual Runtime Library error" first and then pops out "Unknown software exception 0x40000015 Application Error". Could it be that by installing the new update I somehow corrupted some files? I'm running win 8.1 64bit
2 days ago your editor normally and then saw that an update arrived for this game, hoping to fix some issues I went on to update it, and now I can't start your program.

EDIT: Event---
Faulting application name: MooseEdit.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x03a258b8
Faulting module name: libstdc++-6.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x00019d3d
Faulting process ID: 0x11f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfc1c912df3305
Faulting application path: C:\Users\***\Downloads\mEdit_alpha19\MooseEdit.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\***\Downloads\mEdit_alpha19\libstdc++-6.dll
Report ID: 517c35a9-2dbc-11e4-82d4-bc5ff4ccfe0e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

EDIT 2: Fixed it...problem was, the profile didn't exist so I had to delete it and make a new one.

Last edited by Butcher; 27/08/14 09:25 AM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
R
stranger
stranger
R
Hello. Min Damage & Range Damage shown rounded. Bun seems, like the have some value after floating point. Can you show full value, without rounding?

V
stranger
stranger
V
Hello,

I have a question but first, please don't 'spoil' me if you can.

I used this tool (and thank A LOT for this !) to change like i want Madora and Jahan, nothing else, I didn't play tone of hours yet and i just lef the 1st city . I am a(crazy nerd) fan of theorycrafting and tried to find the best combo, stat etc before playing an RPG like that with many refl騙ion before start the game but always without Hard spoil, or story spoil, when i can :x ...

Well, i stop speak about my (un-interesting) life xD !

My question is simple, when i want change the "Talents" of my 2 compagnons, i have seen tone of other, i look and read some of them, like the "kickstarter" Talens (i realy want to test this !) , i just want to know if those talents are just like a data base for Mobs / Boss etc, or if we can Get some of them ? (for thos who aren't in the character creation menu)
Or maybe with Items ? Magic buff ? Unique ring etc ?

Don't tell me where or what i must go for, just a "yes" or "not" and the "type" of possibility : Item / lvlup / new game + . Nothing more plz ^^

Well ... Thx for reading, sorry for my bad english, not my mother tongue but i try to be better, and thx again for this tool and all people who work to help for his cration, Great tool.

Have a good day and good game everyone smile

stranger
stranger
Thank for this tool, but I have a little problem.

When I try to launch MooseEdit.exe (alpha19), it appears in the process but no windows appears so even if the tool is on, I can't edit anything.

Any issues?

V
stranger
stranger
V
You maybe don't have target the Data directory ? smile at the top of the windows, to help the Tool to find the game

D
OP Offline
D

I PMed you a link to it. After sending it though, it occurred to me that the save is not quite Vanilla, as it uses the extra move speed mod that's been floating around this forum. I don't suppose that might have something to do with it...?

I can confirm that this is a problem for me too when I use your save but until the appearance editor is done I won't be looking into it.

@Reitarou
You're correct, there is indeed rounding going on here, but my goal from the start has been to emulate the display behavior of the in-game tooltips and as such it is unlikely that I will be displaying the full damage value as calculated. I don't see this as a big deal either, what does the decimal calculation matter?

@Varrgas
No, these talents cannot be acquired through normal means.

@Myrakiel
This is the first time anyone has mentioned this particular issue. I haven't run into it myself. Can you provide some details about the environment you are running the software in?

D
stranger
stranger
D

I can confirm that this is a problem for me too when I use your save but until the appearance editor is done I won't be looking into it.

Noted. I don't suppose your tool also allows for modding move speed? The DEV tab has a ton of variables, hard to know what they all do.

D
OP Offline
D

Noted. I don't suppose your tool also allows for modding move speed? The DEV tab has a ton of variables, hard to know what they all do.

Actually I looked into this and fixed it, whenever the next release is, it will work. However I'm not sure when the appearance editor will be finished. It was a slight change in the file due to the patch.

I'm not sure if you can add movement speed. There might be a way to add a PermanentBoost to the character itself for the Hasted stat but I've never experiemented with this and it's not possible to do so with the current version of my editor.

Last edited by Dairymoose; 29/08/14 12:31 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm trying to solve a very specific issue and I'm hoping MooseEdit can help me...I looted and sold Sam's Collar not knowing I would eventually need it for a quest. I have checked every NPC I can, and none have it, so I'm assuming I sold it to somebody who is no longer available to interact with.

I'd like to add that one item to my inventory...how do I go about doing so? I looked through the list of items several times, and I didn't see it anywhere.

D
OP Offline
D
I've decided to temporarily disable the appearance editor and release the latest changes.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xggb2364417f4/MooseEdit

alpha20:
Added item rarity highlighting
Made the exit button/'X' button exit immediately
Added visual item count
Added command line argument parsing for opening .lsb/.pak files
Modified item tooltips to no longer be constrained by the main window and instead be constrained by the desktop
Fixed issue with reading latest format of .lsb save files
Added multiple selection to skill editor

Originally Posted by smackdaddy
I'm trying to solve a very specific issue and I'm hoping MooseEdit can help me...I looted and sold Sam's Collar not knowing I would eventually need it for a quest. I have checked every NPC I can, and none have it, so I'm assuming I sold it to somebody who is no longer available to interact with.

I'd like to add that one item to my inventory...how do I go about doing so? I looked through the list of items several times, and I didn't see it anywhere.

You probably didn't find it because it is tricky to find. You won't find it by name under the "base item" section. It is actually specified by an item template. For example, if you look at any book in your inventory, they're all the same base item ("Gen_Book") but differ based on the item template.
I had Sam's Collar in one of my save files so I uploaded it. After downloading it (see MooseEdit link above), use the "Import" button to add it to your inventory.

Last edited by Dairymoose; 29/08/14 06:39 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Top notch! Thank you sir, excellent work with this program.

Odd, I can't seem to find a way to give the collar to Sam. There's no dialog option to do so, and when I try to "drop" it on him it starts a bar fight.

Yeah, watched a youtube video of the quest, the collar isn't triggering the "discovery" when discussing Maxine with Sam.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited by smackdaddy; 29/08/14 08:23 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I had a similar problem with the Maradino's Secrets book: I managed to re-add it to my inventory after it went missing but it didn't work. I guess the quest must have moved beyond the stage where I could use it...

J'aime le fromage.
H
stranger
stranger
H
Need some help.

I killed Cecil (The Mayor) way before I had any idea what I was doing in this game. Now I'm 15 hours into the game and have realized that I need Cecil alive to complete some quests.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to bring Cecil back using the Save Game editor? If so, some instruction would be appreciated.

Otherwise, is there any other way to keep using my save and bring Cecil back? (script commands or something?)

Thanks in advance.

hsarci #549099 30/08/14 09:10 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by hsarci
Need some help.

I killed Cecil (The Mayor) way before I had any idea what I was doing in this game. Now I'm 15 hours into the game and have realized that I need Cecil alive to complete some quests.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to bring Cecil back using the Save Game editor? If so, some instruction would be appreciated.

Otherwise, is there any other way to keep using my save and bring Cecil back? (script commands or something?)

Thanks in advance.

Start a new game. What took you 15 hours the first time will probably take you two hours since you now know what you have to do. Also, since you've discovered the inadvisability of killing npcs in the game that don't immediately seek to kill you first (without providing you a say in the matter, at least), things will go that much smoother & quicker for you...;) I started over with 1.0.132...it's great!

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
G
stranger
stranger
G
I really want to play a monk in this game, but it's not possible. can I maybe use the editor to make a weapon that does not show up in my hand while equipped and would make me attack with the unarmed animations? that would be the simplest way to do it, I think. hopefully one day some1 will make a mod that adds an unarmed combat skill or something so that a character can truly fight well without weapons, or maybe special monk weapons (which would be the more lame way to do it), but until then I am looking for a simple solution.

Page 16 of 33 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard