addict
addict
Is Larian on vacation again or why isn't the game being patched anymore? xD

Lar_q #547411 23/08/14 11:51 AM
P
stranger
stranger
P
does anyone know of plans to allow for more players than two in the same session? or is this simply mod territory?

Lar_q #547421 23/08/14 12:07 PM
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Since the game's concept is build around 2 player co-op, I'd suppose 4 player mode is purely mod territory, but who knows what the future brings...

dlux #547460 23/08/14 02:53 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by dlux

Larian called, they'll continue patching the game, but you're not allowed access to the patches. You'll never get another patch again. oops

Lar_q #547470 23/08/14 03:44 PM
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Also, patch 1.0.130 is live, maybe we should build another thread and discuss the new changes there?

Lar_q #548345 27/08/14 04:37 AM
W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Aren't Larian releasing changelogs? They are needed considering all the patches and changes.

Jito463 #548772 29/08/14 07:09 AM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Jito463
Originally Posted by dlux

Larian called, they'll continue patching the game, but you're not allowed access to the patches. You'll never get another patch again. oops

Oh, i'll get my patches all right!

rpg003

stranger
stranger
I started a new play-through and noticed that despite having the equipment and abilities to exceed 100% on my resistances, they all are capping at 80%. I then re-loaded an older save of a party that was over 100% in Fire and Poison and they, too, are now capped at 80%.

Is this a deliberate move by Larian or a local error? It completely changed the way I play and nullified my melee character who can no longer get close to the enemies my mage has fire-bombed or poisoned.

It's a single-player game and I really enjoyed playing this way. What the heck?

R
R
Yes it is deliberate, it is an 80% softcap though, so you can go over 80% when using spells and/or potions.

With kind regards,

Rashar.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Mick Danger
I started a new play-through and noticed that despite having the equipment and abilities to exceed 100% on my resistances, they all are capping at 80%. I then re-loaded an older save of a party that was over 100% in Fire and Poison and they, too, are now capped at 80%.

Is this a deliberate move by Larian or a local error? It completely changed the way I play and nullified my melee character who can no longer get close to the enemies my mage has fire-bombed or poisoned.

It's a single-player game and I really enjoyed playing this way. What the heck?

As Rashar stated, it was an intentional change. However, if you still want to go over 100% resistances, there is a mod in the mod forum that changes it back.

stranger
stranger
Rashar and Jito463:

Thanks for the quick replies. I suspected as much; I appreciate the confirmation. I'll look for that mod. Unfortunately I can't mod on my Mac (boooo!) and my PC is too much of a dog to effectively run the Engine.

Disappointed about the nerf but I do love this game.

E
stranger
stranger
E
is there any newer patch than 1.0.132.0?

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by electraflux
is there any newer patch than 1.0.132.0?

They just released version 1.0.169 and there is another free DLC upcoming later today.

Last edited by Elwyn; 15/09/14 01:12 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Hmm where are the patch notes and do we need to restart any campaigns we have going?

A
stranger
stranger
A
The patch notes is on Steam, as usual.

journeyman
journeyman
Might be nice if they took the time to post them on their own forum.

journeyman
journeyman
I still do not see them there.

Lar_q #554696 16/09/14 07:46 AM
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Looking forward to the difficulty / gameplay changes hinted in the update video released today. I assumed that was coming, so I didn't let myself finish the game (I always find excuses to restart rpg's I like, it lets me enjoy them longer).

Last edited by blinkicide; 16/09/14 07:49 AM.
Lar_q #555132 19/09/14 01:15 AM
B
stranger
stranger
B
Love that you added new companions! Thank you so much for this awesome game and the time I've spent with it. One nagging issues for me though:

Can we please see at least one each, companion Orc and Goblin? I feel like they would prove a chance for interesting backstories. I think a big draw to Fantasy RPGs is the idea of Fantasy races and I myself was holding out for a goblin companion ever since I first caught word of a Goblin village!

I actually chose to forgo the mage companion in hopes that some more interesting companions would come along, so I spent whole game with 3 fighters. I actually prefer it, made it more difficult, but would it be out of the question to scale the XP? Or is this already a mechanic?

Contrary to what I've heard here I went through the game with one mage (all Hydro, Lore, Bsmith), one rogue (crossbow, glass cannon, no magic, crafting), and Madora (pure damage, speed, vit, and man @ arms) and all the fights required planning (I fought Mangoth or w/e at level 13 because I missed a LOT of plot points) but none of them were impossible. I feel like the game gives you a lot of options. There are a lot of ways to make money and money gives you scrolls and scrolls/planning can win almost any fight if you can find the right way to pick the lock.

Anyway, I'd gladly start another game if there was a Goblin Rogue or Orc Berserker with compelling backstories to look forward to. Food for thought!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard