Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
I loaded up my saved game to play earlier today and found that the combat log window had somehow moved down so that the top of it was barely visible above the bottom of the screen. No amount of click dragging would bring it back up. So, after finagling with a variety of options including changing the resolution to something lower and back and scaling the UI, I can now see the bottom outline of the combat log window in the bottom right of my screen as well as the down scroll arrow (there's no corresponding up arrow). However, nothing in the game is being logged to the window! I'm playing at the native resolution of 1920x1080. Here's some of the things I've tried to fix it:

1) Deleted my uilayout.lsb file
2) Reloaded from earlier saves
3) Started a new game! Still did not help.

Any ideas?

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Same problem here...was it introduced in the patch or something?

[Edit]: Actually, this fixed it for me: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=554580#Post554580

Last edited by Rynasi; 16/09/14 03:36 AM.
U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
I tried the method you linked to but I am unable to delete/remove/rename the 'Divinity Original Sin' folder in Documents\Larian Studios. It keeps reappearing. If I shut down Steam and then delete the folder, it gets recreated with my old saved games/profile as soon as Steam starts up again (note, when _Steam_ starts up, not even the game).

Is Steam doing some sort of saved game backup which is preventing me from removing that directory? I also noticed that the folder and all its contents are marked read-only. However, I am unable to change that. Unchecking read-only doesn't seem to have any effect.

Finally, I also tried uninstalling the game, deleting the folder in Documents\Larian Studios, and then re-installing. But that didn't help either. The combat dialogue window is still messed up.

Thanks in advance.

U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
Looks like it was Steam preventing me from deleting/renaming that folder. In my settings under Cloud I disabled steam cloud integration and then I was able to rename the folder. I started a new game with a new profile and copied over my old saves and now my combat window is restored. Thanks.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I too am having this problem, it is very frustrating and makes the game unplayable as I play often multiplayer with a freind. I cannot follow npc dialogs or see combat feedback at all.

Replacing the profile kind of works, the game starts fine with the dialog/combat log viewable, but then it will dissapear at some point.

This is the 3rd time I have replaced the profile (I renamed my 1st one, I hope I will be able to re-use it). I will not go through this rigmarole again. This only started happening today.

Regards,
Crush.

ps: [edit: I play via Steam] , I am subitting a bug report with my report.zip from the bug tool.

Last edited by Crush; 16/09/14 11:44 PM.
Support
Support

You don't have to replace the entire profile, just the UILayout.lsb file in your profile folder; rename or delete it and the game will recreate it the next time it is started.

..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\UILayout.lsb

You can just move the saves from the renamed profile into a new profile's savegames folder. Warning: Do not try re-creating a new profile with the same name as the renamed folder, or it will be overwritten (that will hopefully be fixed eventually).

C
stranger
stranger
C
Thanks for the prompt reply, I will try this now.

I will keep an eye out to see if/when the problem occurs and try and define the trigger for it.

Regards,
Crush

[edit] So the fix works upon loading a game from the start menu once the file was renamed; but if I then have cause to re-load a save while in game the problem returns: So it seems, for me at least, the act of loading causes the log to dissapear.Hope this points some one in the right direction.

Last edited by Crush; 17/09/14 01:10 PM.
N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by Crush

[edit] So the fix works upon loading a game from the start menu once the file was renamed; but if I then have cause to re-load a save while in game the problem returns: So it seems, for me at least, the act of loading causes the log to dissapear.Hope this points some one in the right direction.

I have the same problem. It also seems to bug out if I exit the game and reload.

veteran
veteran
I have this issue as well.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Yep, same here - it goes away at first, but then comes back eventually.

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
Same here. Will there be a patch? Deleting the UILayout file doesn't help.

Support
Support

Yes, there will be a patch to address this.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Just got a Steam auto-update:

Hi all,

For the recent Mac OS update 10.9.5, we have released a hotfix that solves signature issues.

We seized this opportunity to also fix the combat log disappearing for some of you, and fix jumping journal entries.

If you load a savegame in which the combat log was gone, you may have to drag it above the skillbar to be able to resize it again.

On the Mac version, the GodRays effect was distorted and this was fixed as well.

Have a good weekend!

Woot, thanks Larian!

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Yes, thank you. That patch came very fast.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard