Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G

1. Grutilda's (the female orc chieftain) cellar's location is marked on the map as if were on the left from the fireplace, but I can't see anything, just an empty stone wall. Am I missing something?

2. What's the 'armory' the Hunter's Edge invaders are talking about? There are a couple of rooms next to the tavern's main cellar space, but they seems inaccessible. I've found the key but can I get in the armory myself?

3. I can't seem to find a way to progress in the War of the Stones quest. There's a bloodied metal grate where I can't fit through, and a locked gate just nearby. What do I do next?

Thanks!

D
stranger
stranger
D
ad 1) As far as I know, you can access her hidden cellar only when she's dead or when you are undiscovered either by her or her servant.
Just use the torch right beside the immovable cupboard.

ad 2) I haven't found the armory yet, or I found it and it just didn't strike me as "armoryry" enough.

ad 3) the bloodied metal grate just serves as a hint. Just smash the gate and you gain access to the Knight's Tomb, a Titan-guarded dungeon. To access the main are of the dungeon (and not die a swift death), you need a book called "Titan Dictionary", which allows you to converse with either the big titan head in the Phantom Forest or the Guardian of the tomb.
Where exactly the Dictionary is found I don't remember, probably in town. Sorry.

P
stranger
stranger
P
The Titan Dictionary can be found on the second floor in the Wizards House, in the room where the lever that deactivates the barriers are. It is on the small table next to one of the beds.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
No way to access the main area of the Tomb without talking to the Guardian ?
I entered the place before discovering the Titan Dictionary and just destroyed the 4 statues ...

Last edited by Deyve; 04/07/14 03:41 PM.
Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
1. There is a candle fixture on the fireplace. it will open the way to the cellar. Its possible that you need high enough perception to see part of the door underneath the cupboard.

2. no idea either.

3. has been answered in a post above.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
I've been able to converse with the titan guardian and he let me through, but the stuff upstairs zaps my party for instant death. Will I find a way to progress past it later on?

Also is it related to the "War of the Stones" quest, or is it part of a different one?

Silly me, I should have searched this forum first, another guy already asked the same question.

Thanks for the heads up on the secret cellar!

Last edited by ggspot782; 04/07/14 04:16 PM.
Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
Originally Posted by ggspot782
I've been able to converse with the titan guardian and he let me through, but the stuff upstairs zaps my party for instant death. Will I find a way to progress past it later on?

Also is it related to the "War of the Stones" quest, or is it part of a different one?

Thanks for the heads up on the secret cellar!

If you have high enough perception you can spot a trail of footprints at the top of either set of stairs. Those will guide you through safely.

You can also "feel" your way through, since the safe path is *warm* as opposed to the *chilled* effect you get when you start wearing off path.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Oh dear, that actually didn't bring the Hunter's Edge quest any closer to the resolution. Not sure if I should just abandon this and move on to end the main storyline. frown

I did manage to move through that place.

My biggest regret in this game was not investing into Perception and not taking advantage of all these treasure maps. I guess it will warrant another another playthrough in a few years!

Last edited by ggspot782; 04/07/14 04:56 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
1) you can use the torch once she and her "underling" are unable to see you or dead. that will reveal the cellar door.

2) the armory is the "cell" with the purple lock in the prison (the cellar of the house where all the mountain warrior reside). I didn't find anything useful in there but maybe you have more luck.

3) If your perception is not high enough you can try to get a "burn my eyes" scroll and use that on the character with the highest perception. This should boost your perception high enough so that you can see the footprints (it did for me at least)

O
stranger
stranger
O
Originally Posted by Lyriell
1) you can use the torch once she and her "underling" are unable to see you or dead. that will reveal the cellar door.

2) the armory is the "cell" with the purple lock in the prison (the cellar of the house where all the mountain warrior reside). I didn't find anything useful in there but maybe you have more luck.

3) If your perception is not high enough you can try to get a "burn my eyes" scroll and use that on the character with the highest perception. This should boost your perception high enough so that you can see the footprints (it did for me at least)

That's the armory? That's so disappointing. I went to the prison before I started looking for the armory and bypassed the locked gate with Phoenix Dive...

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Actually there is an even easier way to access the armory, although the loot there wasn't all that crazy

Right as you go down the stairs (where the rat palace is) there is a window looking into the armoury - you can use tactical retreat to jump in and out.

F
stranger
stranger
F
It's even easier than that.
Throw a teleporter pyramid through the window and then use the other to teleport to it.

Last edited by fnwc; 15/07/14 05:28 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I can add something to 1 and 3. For #1, in co-op, I had my buddy engage Grutilida in conversation to keep her busy, then I put a wall of ice between her, me, and the torch you pull for the cellar. She couldn't see me and I went down, looted, and teleported back to my buddy who had since left. For #3, you don't have to bash down the gate.

There are three levers nearby, one right in front of the big statue that is so dark it's easy to miss, and one on the right and left sides beyond the foliage. Pull each one and the metal door opens.

stranger
stranger
Very true. When I played D-OS the second time, I made sure my characters were well designed. I gave my 2nd best char a very high perception, with a medium STR and medium INT, and it was well worth it. smile

With Divinity Original Sin, Larian has created a truly awesome game which has easily replaced Baldurs Gate as the definitive RPG for fantasy games, Dungeons & Dragons players, and everyone who likes a good RPG.

I advise Larian now simply make a new add-on every month, keeping the game engine and everything exactly as it is, just making new maps and quests. Now that D-OS has taken the RPG world by storm, it's time for Larian's programmers to sit back and rake in the millions by simply offering a new add-on once a month for $24.95.

Larian can create the monthly quests by asking for game players to send in their own quests they themselves design, where Larian then pays those people whose quests they use. This would make it much easier and quicker for Larian to do it this way.

And again, as Ive been advising many gamer makers, make sure you integrate good morals throughout the game. This is very important to do, and it actually makes the game more enjoyable and intriguing. Not less. smile

C
stranger
stranger
C
Along the same lines:

Cast the feather fall spell through the window--similar to tactical retreat.

Link Copied to Clipboard