Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
LeBurns #556056 29/09/14 05:33 PM
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Donï½´t get it. I had a party with 2 fighters. Guess what - both spent their time enjoying the view from the cliff.

Sleeping enemies in troves. And oil does not trigger anything with sleeping people. And fire sets all connected oil in flames. And poison (e.g. after bolder bash) explodes violently ...

This specific fight can be won with and by exactly 1 mage. Uno. Or any other figure with a healthy amount in fitting scrolls.

Regards,
Thorsten

LeBurns #556058 29/09/14 05:43 PM
I have found the rogue to be very powerful as well. But I don't rush him into the combat. I normally use Fast Track the first round and just press space to end his turn and save the action points. The other members summon a couple of monsters (spider and fire elemental) and put them in front. Next turn I use Wait on my rogue to move last that turn. This gives me a double turn where the rogue is hasted. I can move in and normally kill one or two enemies (using backstab) in that double turn and move to safety. Try using the double-turn trick, it makes it much easier.

LeBurns #556065 29/09/14 10:33 PM
F
stranger
stranger
F
I feel your pain, LeBurns. I started another run through the game around the same time you did and picked up the two new companions. I have a warrior and a mage rounding up the party. I didnt like my rogue either... Wolgraff kept dying every other round (especially around level 4 - 6); I had to hotkey my rez scrolls because of him :p. But like what everyone else has been saying, sneak at level 5 keeps him alive. And for insurance's sake, I started putting air/water shields on him. He's a much better character now. Currently running at level 14.

LeBurns #558706 16/11/14 10:38 AM
U
stranger
stranger
U
Don't go in and attack straight away. Go invisible and just wait for the right opportunity. Once the AI focus is on your tank or summons you are less likely to be the point of attention.

The rogue has skills like Eye Gouge (blind a target), Trip (Knock down a target), Razor's Edge (Stun a target), Charming Touch (Charm a target) which can seriously change the battle in your favour. Maybe look at applying these skills to your enemies first, to change the battle in your favour first, and then start killing things.

While invisible if you can position your self near 2 or 3 targets, use charm first to make them attack each other followed by a disable spell on another enemy or just use tactical retreat (expert marksman) to move to a lone enemy which will be bread and butter for a rogue.

I'm currently playing a rogue on hard difficulty, and using the following build is working pretty good for me:

Man-at-Arms x 5 with the following talents:

- Thick Skin (Armor)
- Picture of Health (Vitality)
- Weather the Storm (Resistance)

This will help your rogue survivability.

Backstab with Bully, but without Guerilla (I'm lazy - extra backstab just as good :D).

With the following non-rogue skills (in addition to the rogue spells i suggested for you):

Oath of Desecration - Witchcraft (int)
Rage - Man-at-Arms (str) (only use when they knocked down)
Melee Power Stance - Man-at-Arms (str)
Tactical Retreat - Expert Marksman (dex)

I'm doing damage outputs like the following in phantom forest at the moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpAMpSCEgQ0

If you come across a difficult battle, maybe consider getting out summons first and then using shields on your party members (earth, fire, water, air - one for each party member :D). This will allow your party to withstand more damage for a few turns in which you should really eliminate a few enemies in order to change the battle in your favour.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard