Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#534675 02/08/14 02:24 AM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Not sure what's going on here. I'm at the lodge town, which is overrun by orcs and immaculants. I have kind of made it a habit of killing these guys on site ... can't see the need to change now.

So I started clearing the town out and I've noted that most people just let me kill them. Seriously. They just stand there and I hit them. They get mad and I hit them again. They get mad again, and so on. Eventually just die and I just walk over to the next guy and do the same.

Really? I'm I supposed to be able to just walk up and kill these guys? I talk to them and they talk about missing keys or trying to find a cellar (I found neither, help there would be nice), but then I just kill them ... and they just get mad then die. Odd really.

The rats. I found two rat holes. Put a piece of cheese in front of one. Two rats ran out, ate it, and ran back in the hole. ... ... Was I supposed to be able to hit them? I had no chance at all. How do you kill them?

Thanks.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Combine Poison and Cheese, place the poisoned cheese.

As for the residents, that definitely shouldn't happen. Normally you're supposed to do a couple of quests to play both sides against each other, then there's a huge final battle where you can kill both sides. Even if you skip this part and go straight to murder, they and their allies should fight back.

LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I'm out of cheese right now. I just found that one piece. I guess I could go back to the cheese vendor in the first town. Not sure where to find poison though. I don't think I've ever seen it.

LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Poisoned the rats. Talked to the king.

Now I assume I need to make some whisky to draw out the king so I can kill him. The problem is ... I can't find any barley, just wheat.

EDIT: I have found the barley at the farm, but it won't let me harvest it because it says I've already harvested all the ripe barely ... only I have no barley in my inventory.

Last edited by LeBurns; 02/08/14 03:54 PM.
veteran
veteran
Ratking and Whisky quests are totally unrelated.

Check for a dropped item. If not, it really should be in your inventory. It looks like a giant bag.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Same thing here. I went to Hunter's Edge early,got the barley then went to different areas and it wasn't until later that I found the Distiller quest. Now I can't find the barley in inventory or homestead. I'm pretty sure I didn't trade, drop or destroy the item, because I'm OCD about such things :(

Edit: I actually checked an older save and I found the barley in my inventory. Guess I must've sold it :(.

Now, is there anyway to complete the quest? Probably not, le sigh ...

Last edited by donnylicious; 25/09/14 10:12 AM.
Support
Support

Check the barely field again and see if there is any more to be collected.

If that doesn't help, you can email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, you can delete all but the latest save from the zip (possibly keep the latest save with the barely and oldest without, if available).

D
stranger
stranger
D
There really needs to be some kind of indication or block from removing of quest items frown

D
stranger
stranger
D
How about a hack anyone know of that can get you any item? Or reset a quest?

Last edited by donnylicious; 25/09/14 11:36 AM.
Support
Support

Maybe the Save Game Editor?

Link Copied to Clipboard