Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
hi,

i've been having sound issues with this game ever since i bought it shortly after release (GOG version). it seems that sounds go missing (and sometimes reappear) all the time. this is very noticeable during fights when using spells. at first this was just an annoyance but now since the last patch (1.0.169) it's gotten much worse. pretty much every spell or action has some kind of sound missing when i play now and it's a real immersion-breaker.

am i the only one with this issue?

my specs:

win7 x64
i5-3570k
8gb ram
sb x-fi (latest drivers)
geforce gtx 770 (2gb)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Any "Missing Sound Bug" fixes with v1.0.177?

MarksMan "PowerStance" sound is not working anymore.

Last edited by john carmack; 22/09/14 07:28 AM.
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
i doubt it...it's a very small patch.
this is what it says on the steam update log:

---
Hi all,

For the recent Mac OS update 10.9.5, we have released a hotfix that solves signature issues.

We seized this opportunity to also fix the combat log disappearing for some of you, and fix jumping journal entries.

If you load a savegame in which the combat log was gone, you may have to drag it above the skillbar to be able to resize it again.

On the Mac version, the GodRays effect was distorted and this was fixed as well.

Have a good weekend!
---

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
between the end of summer sale on humble store and gog's birthday i'm well stocked with alternative games to play at the moment, so i guess i'll put a hold on divinity for now and hope for a fix.

i have to say though, i'm kind of pessimistic...from what i've read it seems this game has had sound troubles since day one and they persist even now long after the official release. if it was an easy fix, they probably would have fixed it by now. after all missing sounds are not exactly a small issue...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by daniel79
if it was an easy fix, they probably would have fixed it by now. after all missing sounds are not exactly a small issue...

if it was an easy fix, they probably would have fixed it by now! rolleyes biggrin

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
well just for the record, the latest patch doesn't fix my sound issues. sounds that go missing most often for me (or are most noticable i guess) are the crushing sound of the stun spells (when the huge fist crashes down) the fanfare sound of the encourage spell and basically all of the "hit" sounds when characters attack with weapons...but other sounds are also affected now and then

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by john carmack
Any "Missing Sound Bug" fixes with v1.0.177?

I noticed this as well.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Same problem here but its only a minor annoyance.

Running on an AMD Phenom 2 X4 3.4Ghz, 8Gb RAM, AMD R7850 graphics card. The sound card is a Soundblaster Audigy as the onboard sound caused issues with other games. Not tried the game with onboard sound.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

enthusiast
enthusiast
installed a fresh copy of Win8 but sounds are still missing.......... sad mad shame

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi,

@Larian

Is it possible to fix at least the sound bugs before you will release the next big Patch?

I think that sound bugs should be easy to fix smile
Its driving me crazy to see a move from a Character but not to hear what happens!

Thank you

We are aware of missing sounds on the precision/power stance and that will be adjusted in an upcoming patch, however I have no ETA on when this patch will arrive. Thanks for the reports.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Still no fix in v1.0.219?

enthusiast
enthusiast

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard