Next Thread
Print Thread
W
Warkupo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
First run through the game, selected the AI personality "Knight" for Roderick while not giving a personality to Scarlett (the role of her personality being played by me.)

Every time we disagree on something I will try to be logical or charming, and every time he threatens my life. So now I'm in this weird abusive relationship with my pretend boyfriend who I cannot get rid of (I would be perfectly happy running off into the sunset with Wolgraff. At least he listens to me).

Aaaanyway, is there an AI personality I can pick where Roderick isn't a complete jerk to me 100% of the time, or is this some quirky flaw in the way that dialogue arguments are handled?

Disclaimer: I am not 100% sure why this is happening to you.

However there are some questions you might want to ask yourself.

When Roderick is watching American football do you limit any questions/comments to only when commercials are on?
When Roderick is watching American football do you make sure his adult beverage & snacks are fresh?
If Roderick's favorite team loses do you comfort him?
Do you make at least 2 hot meals for him everyday?
After killing trolls and demons with him do you fistbump him to let him know you guys kicked ass?
Do you ask yourself at least once a day "how can I be a better mate for him?"
Do you make sure your home spotlessly clean?
Do you let him go out with his friends all night without complaining at least twice a week?
If you can't immediately answer yes to these then you might want to look into the mirror as to why do don't have a happy home.

PS: Why are you disagreeing with him all the time? Don't you realize by disagreeing with him you are basically saying "I don't value you as a person"?

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Try Intimidating him back. Usually that gives me a bonus wink

Also lmao gbnf

Last edited by Mangoose; 28/09/14 04:27 AM. Reason: lmao gbnf
E
stranger
stranger
E
You can choose the Loyal personality to make the companion agree with you on absolutely everything. Which can get a little unnerving at times.

old hand
old hand
So much for thinking this was a computer tech help question. Sounds like an operator error.

So have you filed a "protection from abuse" yet?
Did you hire a lawyer?
Do you have any children with him that might get entangled in a custody battle? (if so, now I'm really scared!)
Do you have any joint bank accounts?
I think you should go after his pension.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
R
stranger
stranger
R
few times i disagreed with my knight personality partner she also always threatened me.

Not sure if this is random or someone thinks "knights" are inherently abusive.

W
Warkupo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
So maybe it is a flaw in the Knight personality specifically if you are getting similar results, rickit? I have a save right before a conversation that would prompt Roderick to threaten physical abuse upon my person if we don't all murder ourselves against a skeleton with a literal bomb strapped to his back, so maybe I'll take the opportunity to see if other AI personalities result in different types of arguments.

I'd rather not just make Roderick "loyal" as it seems kind of boring. I'd more likely set him to 'No AI' as well and effectively go from having a pretend abusive boyfriend to having a ken-doll that answers my doubts, fears, and need for an empathetic bond with the cold plastic gaze of an emotionless homunculus.

Roderick and I were never really *that* intimate (personally, I think he has performance issues wearing all that armor and having such a low speed/dex score.) so children are definitely not an issue. If he doesn't shape up I'll probably just teleport him into lava and call it a bugfix.

old hand
old hand
The No Ai has actually been kind of fun. I haven't had an extreme conflict with the No AI as you've described.

Instead of "Knight" for an AI, it sounds like the AI should have been that of a savage.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 30/09/14 05:32 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I think the AI personality "names" aren't that accurate. If you want to be really accurate you'd have to consult a guide like this unfortunately http://orcz.com/Divinity_Original_Sin:_AI_Personalities

I do have to say the AI dialog is pretty entertaining, but has a lot of room for improvement.

I think the idea is that the knight as an aggressive personality best fits Intimidate (over reason or charm) - caveat that I have no idea whether other stats influence that choice - and that combines with the fact that intimidate dialogue options are pretty much all of the "threaten physical violence" variety rather than the more subtle approaches.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Usually forums are a bit boring. For the first time in years I laughed so much reading this thread , I think I'llbookmark it as antistress :)
I woke up the whole house child and wife but god that was worth it !

Link Copied to Clipboard