Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I'm giving my review because, overall, I thought the game was fantastic and hope to see Larian Studios make more, better games.

Some of the best aspects of the game:

1) The writing is probably some of the best I've ever seen in a game. Loved the literary technique and style. Also, having to look up definitions every 5 mins (I love vocabulary) is always a sign of refined writing.

2) The story was also well thought out. The plot twists, schemes, and overall depth of the main story was engaging and drove the gameplay. The murder mystery aspect and intrigue added a nice detective element as well.

3) The exploration was also very rewarding. There were many areas with hidden entrances which would lead to completely new and expansive dungeons or caves, of which, often, didn't have anything to do with quests.

4) The gameplay was also well developed and thought out. I've heard it's a cross between Baldur's Gate and Diablo, and I'd have to agree. A good mix of spells, abilities, resistances, and AI made for a strategic as well as action oriented experience.

5) Graphics and soundtrack were exceptional.

Suggestions: Some minor improvements.

1) I thought the ending was a little abrupt. I would have liked to know what happened to Icara and Zandalor which I don't think was ever fully explained, especially after all the trouble of finding them.

2) I think a lot of games include the pickpocket aspect but don't really know what to do with it. I never really used it or invested any points in the ability. I think one reason is because there isn't really a clear indication of who is carrying what. I don't recall any special hint that a certain npc might be carrying a key or item that may have proven beneficial.

3) This leads to the next suggestion: although I loved the ability to just explore and figure out puzzles on my own, there were some frustrating moments only because of a lack of direction. A lot of times there was no indication of where to go to next to advance the quest. I would have liked more information, especially in the quest log; something like, 'go speak with this npc' or 'look for a certain item' or 'look in a certain area.'

4) Buffs: I never really used them. I think one of the reasons was because I was debating whether to use my action points on a buff the might not do more damage than that character simply attacking. The same with debuffs. I suggest making buffs or debuffs either, shorter cooldown, less action points, or longer duration FFR.

5) Lastly, on the character items: the environment was beautifully rendered, but I thought the characters themselves were a bit bland. I suggest adding more options for customization. Also, add in more diverse looking armor and item sets. IE: There was basically, the hood, the cap, and the helmet lol

Anyway, that's just a few of my suggestions, thanks for a great game!

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by donnylicious
I'm giving my review because, overall, I thought the game was fantastic

So if he didn't like the game he wouldn't bother reviewing it? Also disagree with some of his criticisms. They look more like his lack of understanding of the game than they do legitimate criticisms.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Diabolus_Musica
Originally Posted by donnylicious
I'm giving my review because, overall, I thought the game was fantastic

So if he didn't like the game he wouldn't bother reviewing it? Also disagree with some of his criticisms. They look more like his lack of understanding of the game than they do legitimate criticisms.

Way to be vague and overly condescending, not to mention not even directly addressing the OP. If you feel the points need addressing, do so directly. If not, why even bother posting at all?

Link Copied to Clipboard