Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Maciej85
"- Flaky Power Supplies"

You are joking right?

I have newly installed win8.1 with all latest drivers and still the problem persists.

I think people who claim that in their case everything is ok, they just simply do not see difference between 40 FPS and solid 60 with v-sync

Is that all the reply you are capable of?

If you had the experience with computer systems that I have, you would not ask if I am joking about the power supply - you would know why I am dead serious about this.

Obviously, the 99% of people that have no issues are idiots and you know it all. So continue to believe that everything is alright with your computer, I really don't care.

BTW: "the latest driver" might be a bad idea, if it is not a WHQL approved one.

addict
addict
I work with computers too, and people don't realize just how important a solid, stable PSU is to their system. If the capacitors are bulging, or if they're just pushing it too hard by having too much attached than it can handle, the entire system's stability will be affected.

Some people actually believe that if a PSU turns on, it can't possibly be bad.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Ok, I have an 3770k, a 7970 with the latest beta drivers and a 700w Corsair PSU.
I do not believe it's an issue with any of these pieces because all my games run just fine. The fact you can simply tap quicksave for the FPS to jump back to 60 tells me it's not a bottleneck problem. My realtek drivers may be outdated tho?

L
stranger
stranger
L
the game is really unplayable at this moment, once i enter combat, my framerate drops to 35 fps and i have a i7@4.2 Nvidia 980gtx

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by recluce
What nobody has thought about in this thread is the state of their Windows installations. An older installation, especially vendor-supplied "enhanced" installations that came with all kinds of crapware and driver issues - may simply cause performance bottlenecks with no good explanation. Add to that the wrong graphics driver (not recommended for your GPU, outdated etc) and you have a problem.

I was able to play and finish D:OS without any lagging on this modest hardware:

Intel core i7 Q840 at 1.87 GHz
Nvidia Quadro FX 1800M (Driver 340.66)
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Clean and Minimal Install - I use Windows for gaming only)
8 GB RAM

I am not sure what the framerate was, but it was sufficient (with settings mostly on High/ Ultra and VSync enabled). CPU was maxed out (slightly overclocked through MSI Afterburner) with temperatures around 80ï½°C, D:OS ran on all eight available CPU threads. Total CPU Load between 17% and about 70%, depending on situation.

I believe that there is some good evidence that these issues are isolated and maybe traced to bad Windows installation or hardware issues. Some of you guys with issues literally have twenty times more GPU power in your systems than my laptop and at least two or three times faster CPUs.

Common hardware issues that people tend to overlook:

- Flaky Power Supplies
- Memory Problems
- Motherboard/ bus errors

And no, not all games and software will show hardware issues in the same way. Anyways, if your Windows install is older than about two years or vendor-supplied, I would probably start by doing a clean install from an original, stock Windows 7 image (not some weird vendor "system recovery" junk)

LOL at calling that modest hardware. Might not be top of the line cutting edge, but it is by no means modest.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Honestly no games these days really push the envelope, unless you want 60 fps on max settings. I started playing DOS on a $300 HP laptop (I was out of town, heh) and I mean I did have to put minimum settings to get a playable 20fps (and also.. Sandybridge!), but compared to gaming ~10 years ago that's something that was impossible.

I'm being completely off topic, though.

Last edited by Mangoose; 06/10/14 09:45 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard