Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#556713 09/10/14 06:33 AM
ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Here are a couple of observations that I have made since I started a new game on the 1.0.177.0 version. Am I the only one to experience this or has it happened to anybody else? Have you encountered anything other strange with the new version?

How to Handle Tenebrium
The book can be read by many heroes and will not disappear. But, when I read it after I had completed the quest 'The Troll's Bounty', it had no effect. The Tenebrium skill was not increased by 1 for any of my heroes. I have not tested what happens if I read the book first and then complete the 'The Troll's Bounty' quest, but I believe it might work then.

Goblin Village Dance
When I arrived at the Goblin Village, the crazy goblin dance did not happen (too bad I enjoyed watching them fall down, get buried etc). Instead the goblins were stuck around the totem and I could not talk to them. They woke up when I started a fight and participated in the battle as normal.

Immaculate Summoner in The White Witch Cabin
If you do not convince the Immaculate Summoner guarding the cabin of the White Witch to leave, he will summon first 4 then 5 shadow demons that you have to fight. When you get the barrier down and try to enter the cabin, you have to fight the Immaculate Summoner himself. At least that was what happened earlier. In this version the Immaculate Summoner is stuck inside the cabin and I could kill him without any fight.

Support
Support

A couple people have run into problems with the goblins.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by ivra
How to Handle TenebriumThe book can be read by many heroes and will not disappear. But, when I read it after I had completed the quest 'The Troll's Bounty', it had no effect. The Tenebrium skill was not increased by 1 for any of my heroes. I have not tested what happens if I read the book first and then complete the 'The Troll's Bounty' quest, but I believe it might work then.

You are correct (although the book only has unlimited uses if you started a new game after the patch). I ran into the same problem and reloaded an earlier save. I read the book before I turned in The Troll's Bounty quest and I was able to have a +2 Tenebrium bonus on all my characters in my current party.

Immaculate Summoner in The White Witch Cabin
If you do not convince the Immaculate Summoner guarding the cabin of the White Witch to leave, he will summon first 4 then 5 shadow demons that you have to fight. When you get the barrier down and try to enter the cabin, you have to fight the Immaculate Summoner himself. At least that was what happened earlier. In this version the Immaculate Summoner is stuck inside the cabin and I could kill him without any fight.

I had the same problem with the summoner after I started a new game for the new companions patch.

Last edited by nbog; 09/10/14 09:41 AM.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
How to Handle Tenebrium

Does not work at all with the latest patch. Neither before nor after the troll king cave - 0 effect. Looks like a bug if it is not intended.

Summoner glitch confirmed by several players, Goblin village had its outages since long ago. Only solution I found was leave complete map and reenter.

Regards,
Thorsten

Last edited by Thorsten; 10/10/14 04:39 PM.
N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by Thorsten
How to Handle Tenebrium

Does not work at all with the latest patch. Neither before nor after the troll king cave - 0 effect. Looks like a bug if it is not intended.

That's weird. On my old save file (pre-companions patch), it didn't work in the sense that it gave 1 character 1 Tenebrium point and then was consumed (still only one use). After I started a new game, it only worked before I did the quest and it also worked for companions who weren't in my party.

apprentice
apprentice
Sorry guys, would you suggest to postpone my 10th play-trough due to some kind of incompleteness of the last patch, I'm a power gamer and I hate to loose any stat/skill points?

Played all of the last two and a half decades RPG games and found this one is the bestest among them all; I sincerely apologize for my pathetic English!

Last edited by xiery; 15/10/14 10:09 PM.
old hand
old hand
There is suppose to be a large update coming, not sure if it will be this month or next though.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by xiery
Sorry guys, would you suggest to postpone my 10th play-trough due to some kind of incompleteness of the last patch, I'm a power gamer and I hate to loose any stat/skill points?

Played all of the last two and a half decades RPG games and found this one is the bestest among them all; I sincerely apologize for my pathetic English!

If my experience holds and its not a glitch, you are losing exactly 1 point in tenebrium. As tenebrium is the most ueseless hyped skill anyway (one can perfectly do without and without losing considerable damage), this is irrelevant. For people who love tenebrium at all costs itï½´s a one point skill loss, thatï½´s just it.

I will surely not wait to start another game just because of a minor irritation.

Regards,
Thorsten

Link Copied to Clipboard