Next Thread
Print Thread
U
Uncybob Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
As we all know the Death Knights are a pain in the ass. I found that, with a teleport spell, I could trap them in the cage which previously held the goblins. However... once I had the three death knights trapped and moved deeper into the mine they suddenly reappeared just a few hundreds meters away. The cage was still locked but they had inexplicably been released.

Now this to me is not what the game is about. If I find a way to overcome an obstacle that uses legitimate game mechanics without an exploit then there should be no dodgy reset. I should not be compelled to use some pre-scripted means to defeat the obstacle.

This is not in the spirit of the game and needs to be re-dressed by Larian ASAP.

Last edited by Uncybob; 14/10/14 03:53 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
i agree, if you are able to put them in there, they should stay in there

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
enthusiast
enthusiast
This happened for me too, and I agree, this should be fixed.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
How did you do? Set up a chain of characters along the path to the Goblin cell, all equipped with the teleport or/and featherdrop spell? Not for the first death knight - that would be a more or less direct port - but for the ones further away?

Or do the death knights follow a fast character up to the point where direct teleport is possible?

I thought of this strategy in my playthroughs but never had the patience to execute - invisible was so much easier.

Regards,
Thorsten

old hand
old hand
I think what the problem here is bug abuse. The bug that is abused is putting the death knights in the cage to begin with. This is how I first tried to get past them and saw the knights only reappear. After got so far away from (most) npc's I think they will just despawn and return to where they are suppose to be. Since they cannot walk to their actual spawn area, they will just appear where they are suppose to be.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
If you have the creativity to find a way to neutralize a Death Knight before finding the standard way to deal with them you should be rewarded. I never considered the possibility of teleporting them into a locked cell.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Thorsten
How did you do? Set up a chain of characters along the path to the Goblin cell, all equipped with the teleport or/and featherdrop spell? Not for the first death knight - that would be a more or less direct port - but for the ones further away?

I let one fast character kite the remaining death knights. I would go close and the death knight would follow. And when he got close to the cage some on else would teleport him. I think I got 4 death knight in there...

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Most plausible, thanks. As I said - I never had the patience to try as the different method was so reliable.

Regards,
Thorsten

B
stranger
stranger
B
Yeah I just used invis and ran. Was never worth it to me to do anything else. I do agree though that if you can do it, it should stay that way. Unless its scripted for someone to let them out..cause I could see an Immaculate letting them out if you didn't kill them etc.

old hand
old hand
Wow you guys really don't know how spawns work in video games.

In an effort to conserve memory (RAM) enemies that are out of sight will just disappear (despawn) and will reappear where they are suppose to be. Unless killed, then the corpses will remain where the NPC died. This is how most of them will fully regenerate health, due to just respawning when you get near them. The DeathKnight are not suppose to be anywhere near the jail cell, but we "kite" or "lure" them away from their expected area.

What we are experiencing is a glitch. Larian never intended for us to teleport the DeathKnights in the prison cage to begin with. They might not have realized it was possible. Instead they expected us to use invisibility or find a method of killing them to get past them. Since we thought "outside of the box" we now have this issue.

I'm quite eager to see with Larian's response would be to this matter. I'm sure it is a bug, they are very good at having NPCs walk to where they are suppose to be. Honestly, I think it be funny if the DeathKnights got the teleportation spell and would teleport a character into the cell with them. That be hilarious... well after all the screaming and cussing that I'm now dead.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 18/10/14 07:52 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I must admit I don't really care whether or not it's technically a glitch, I'm just annoyed that I didn't think of it!

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
At first I thought this a puzzle game where you had to keep hiding behind objects as they pass. Then realized their patrol patterns are not synchronized. So I then started trying to teleport them into the cage. Once I realized what was happening, I just gave up and moved on until finding the spell to kill them off.

Link Copied to Clipboard