Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
The list has been updated to match the changes done in version 1.0.169.0 of the game.

Originally Posted by ivra
It seems the necessary tenebrium skill increases as the item level of the weapon increase. For instance I managed to add tenebrium damage to an item level 1 weapon with only 1 in tenebrium. For a item level 19 weapon I needed tenebrium 4 (I actually do not know if tenebrium 3 is good enough, but I know that tenebrium 2 is too low). Need to test a bit more.

The requirement is Tenebrium 3. The reason I managed to upgrade a level 1 item with only 1 in the Tenebrium skill is that I happened to use a level 1 'Fighting Knife'. All other level 1 items I have tried to enchant with tenebrium requires a Tenebrium skill of 3. I guess the level 1 'Fighting Knife' is a little bugged.

addict
addict
Other than making Healing Potions and upgrading armor/weapons with elemental bonuses, is there really any other crafting worth doing? I mean that is really useful? So much of this junk I just never use.

Oh, and where can I find some empty flask for potions anyway?

Last edited by LeBurns; 22/09/14 01:31 PM.
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Creating new axes with Blacksmithing is great, if skill is maximized.
Also you do want to enhance armors and shields with other benefits.

For example I always upgrade my new metal armor with armor bonus and movement bonus.

And, if you do want to earn ridiculous amount of money just convert any silver you find into silver arrows.

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Crafting staffs is not bugged anymore. I just crated all 12 variants with Crafting 5.

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
I have just updated the list. There are not many changes this time, only some comments have been updated. The major reason is that I have also created a prettier recipe list with pictured of the items in a pdf file. You can see it here (from Dropbox):
Divinity Original Sin - Recipes.pdf

Notice: The link is also posted in the first post of this thread so you do not need to come back to this particular post to find the link.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Thanks for the pdf. Easier when you play in french (and the names of the ingredients are not the same)

J
stranger
stranger
J
Thank you very much!

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Just one odditiy - the mobile kitchen mandatory ends up in your inventory if you use the camp fire at the Luculla Forest - Silverglen Portal and try toremove the pot after..

I use this meanwhile to have a lush crafting place behind the smithory at Nadias house. Together with a barrel of water everything is perfect there.

Regards,
Thorsten

Last edited by Thorsten; 25/09/14 05:55 PM.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by LeBurns

Oh, and where can I find some empty flask for potions anyway?

Youï½´ll find empty falsks where you expect them - in the boards, cupboards etc. of anything and anyone connected to alchemy. Just one example would be Evelyns hidden lab in Cyseal.

As I tend to be a hoarder Jahan in Hunters Edge already has gathered roughly 80 empty flasks. But I admit that means going to everything that just might contain something.

For not being worth it - crafting weapons is definitely worth it, crafting and filling spell books is definitely worth it, crafting special arrows is definitely worth it. Crafting rings and belts before you find decent stuff, so between levels 4 and 7, is definitely worth it. Giving a glass cannon mage a +2 constitution belt (you canï½´t find something like that) is definitely worth it.

And if you look at the value of the "5star dinner" talent - doubles foodstuff effects - well, that for the thingie called "dinner" means 156 health, 2 strength. Makes an absolutely low rated talent worthwhile suddenly as well as crafting food. Or better said it would do it if the devs would not have literally flooded DOS with way too many health potions.

Regards,
Thorsten

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi,

Does anyone know how to use the Mysterious Dye?

M
M
OK, that video did not show anything about Tenebrium crafting. What are some recipes and things I need to craft awesome Tenebrium weapons??? My crafting is at 5, but blacksmithing is at 3 - can I even make Tenebrium weapons and enhance them??? Please help!

M
M
Originally Posted by ivra
I have just updated the list. There are not many changes this time, only some comments have been updated. The major reason is that I have also created a prettier recipe list with pictured of the items in a pdf file. You can see it here (from Dropbox):
Divinity Original Sin - Recipes.pdf

Notice: The link is also posted in the first post of this thread so you do not need to come back to this particular post to find the link.

No info on Tenebrium weapons! Why not? Are they not possible to be crafted? People tell me that best T weapons are crafted and yet there is no info on how to craft them AT ALL anywhere!

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Short answer: Yes there is:
[Tenebrium 3] Boosted Weapon = Weapon + Tenebrium Bar (+ Tenebrium Damage (max 1 extra damage type))

Long answer:
There are two aspects of tenebrium and weapons. The first one is tenebrium weapons. They are identified by the word 'tenebrium' in their name, a different meaner look, and a warning that they will cause the rot. These weapons cannot be crafted or improved. Then there are normal weapons enchanted by a tenebrium bar. These weapons use the Tenebrium skill instead of the regular weapons skill (bow, crossbow, single-handed etc.) just like tenebrium weapons.

stranger
stranger
Is it just me or invest in Blacksmithing is unfeasible? I saw nothing interesting to be created is better to wait the item drop some points to spend on something that is not worth the time. Hope someone show me I'm wrong.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
What this list doesn't show is that for example axe created with blacksmith 5 skill is superior to the axe created with blacksmith skill of 1.

And I don't mean in a way that B5 has some additional magic bonus, but the fact that base weapon damage is much greater.

In fact, blacksmith 5 sword and axes are pretty much best weapons available in the game.

Last edited by player1; 12/10/14 12:47 PM.
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Following recipe is missing:

[C2] Apply Joshua's Spice on Weapon (other then staffs or branches) = extra fire damage (more then fire elemental essence, on par with Tenebrium damage boost)

Also, you can use recipe with zero crafting if you "apply" Weapon on Joshua's Spice (probably a bug).

I do remember this recipe not working a while ago. But it is working as documented here using patch 1.0.177.

Last edited by player1; 12/10/14 04:48 PM.
ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks!

I have added the Joshua's Spice recipe to the list and the pdf file. I have not changed the version since this is the only change.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Boosted Shield = Shield + Air Essence (+ Air Resistance. +5%(IL1) / +10%(IL4) / +15%(IL9) / +20%(IL14) / +25%(IL19))

Could any1 teach me what does IL mean?

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
IL = Item Level

ivra Offline OP
OP Offline
Another small update. Added recipe for Vocalisation Potion.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard