Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I've fixed the project namespace's name and moved the current discussion there. If you want to start a new discussion simply create a new section on the discussion page.

Sunjammer
Code Monkey
Divinity Engine Wiki
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
With a little help from Norbyte (thanks) I think I've collated all the keywords and data types for the different scripting syntaxes. So I've started work on the syntax highlighting. Should be finished in a day or two (depending on work).

Sunjammer
Code Monkey
Divinity Engine Wiki
D
stranger
stranger
D
Sunjammer - Hello! Good to see you around. Was just looking around and saw the old name and laughed a bit.

So this thing is worth the purchase I'm guessing wink Had NWN open recently teaching kids to code a bit and ran across this toolset and then the old name.

Anyway, not trying to derail topic. Wiki is a great call as I was just looking for one smile

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Demetrious
Sunjammer - Hello! Good to see you around. Was just looking around and saw the old name and laughed a bit.

So this thing is worth the purchase I'm guessing wink Had NWN open recently teaching kids to code a bit and ran across this toolset and then the old name.

Anyway, not trying to derail topic. Wiki is a great call as I was just looking for one smile

Good to see you too! The game is definitely worth buying. Jury is still out on the toolkit but if Larian make good on their intentions then it could certainly be worth it too. Glad you like the wiki: there's a few kinks to iron out but we'll get there.

Sunjammer
Code Monkey
Divinity Engine Wiki
apprentice
apprentice
Sunjammer! I remember you from my NWN days (I guess, if you're the same Sunjammer I knew back then).

I'll contribute when I can to the wiki. I'm still learning about this toolset though, but I'd be happy to share what I know with some written tutorials. I know Larian has their video ones, but those seem to assume everyone has been doing this for a while and know exactly what they're talking about. I think it would be nice for people to have something they can read and refer to and just kind of move at their own pace.

Anyone know a good resource for Osiris? I've been looking for some kind of reference as to commands, fuctions, and syntax. No luck yet. I remember Lilac Soul's old NWN script generator and what a help that was. Hope someone comes up with something similar.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Quaxo
Sunjammer! I remember you from my NWN days (I guess, if you're the same Sunjammer I knew back then).

One and the same I'm afraid! If this keeps up it will be an NWN reunion!

Originally Posted by Quaxo
Anyone know a good resource for Osiris? I've been looking for some kind of reference as to commands, fuctions, and syntax. No luck yet. I remember Lilac Soul's old NWN script generator and what a help that was. Hope someone comes up with something similar.

If you find one let me know as the wiki is a little anaemic just now! I'm currently working on producing the reference section (see the links on my user page similar to NWN Lexicon and the Dragon Age Toolset wiki. Had a couple of issues to resolve with the extensions but moving forward once again.

Sunjammer
Code Monkey
Divinity Engine Wiki
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I had a nice three-day weekend working on the wiki. I managed to get a lot done including finally creating the Script function template and importing about 900 new pages into the wiki.

There were some interesting challenges (not least the functions with overloaded data types; and the same function name being used in different scripting types) but I think I've managed to solved all of them without resorting to anything too hack-tastic. In short there should now be a page for each of the dialog, object and story scripting functions.

*happy dance*

I've still got some work to do creating the category hierarchy so in the meantime the best way to find a function is simply to search for it by name. Alternatively if you want to browse related functions then the Categories page might serve as a jumping off point.

Please note that these pages are skeletons generated from the information extracted from the toolset itself. It will be up to the community to add in depth information, hints and tips, usage examples, etc. Again a "thank you" to Norbyte for his work decompiling/extracting a lot of that information in the first place.

Sunjammer
Code Monkey
Divinity Engine Wiki
enthusiast
enthusiast
Thank you for your time and effort on this. smile

Escape From Smalcatraz: Steam/Nexus. Forum thread.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Sunjammer

One and the same I'm afraid! If this keeps up it will be an NWN reunion!

Wow... So, didn't I just get done talking to you on the Dragon Age forums? And yes, I definitely said a vacation is in order for me, but I couldn't help but look and see what was happening over here in the world of Divinity, and who do I find, but good old reliable Sunjammer, lol.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Looking forward to taking a peak at the scripting capabilities of this new toolset, and seeing how I can bend it to my way in some point in the future.

-------------------------

Ahem... Sorry to derail things, carry on!

Creator of the following games:

Rose of Eternity - The Coming (NWN)
Rose of Eternity - Cry The Beloved (NWN)
Rose of Eternity - Family & Country (DAO)
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JLiles
Just to let everybody know, I've created another wiki at http://DivinityMods.org for the mod community, it was intended as a place for tutorials and guides on modding Divinity, but then I discovered that Divinity Engine Wiki existed. I'm not trying to step on any toes, but I would like to support the community here; so, I'm just here to let everyone know that if there are any mod authors serious about it, you are free to use DivinityMods.org to collaborate on and host your mods, guides, or other modding content. Just PM me here or follow the instructions on DivinityMods.org to contact me if you would like editing privileges.

where are the like buttons?

Hey folks, newbie programmer here!

So far the wikipedia tutorials have been really helpful, however most seem to focus on modding the main campaign. Could someone create a wikipedia tutorial video showing how to write or import some basic scripts that would make custom modules playable? ex. for dialogue and combat?

Or alternatively, is there a way I can import my areas into the main campaign and use Larian's scripts? If that's easier? Thanks!

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm sad to say that someone, presumably a member of this community, has been using what appears to be a brute-force/scripted attack to circumvent the CAPTCHA on account creation and to vandalise the wiki. Consequently account creation as been disabled for the time-being until I can improve the security or remove the wiki. Given that the wiki does not appear to be being used by the community I'm leaning towards the latter but if it is being used then please let me know.

Sunjammer
Code Monkey
Divinity Engine Wiki
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Sunjammer
Given that the wiki does not appear to be being used by the community I'm leaning towards the latter but if it is being used then please let me know.

I'm using it quite often for the scripting references and the tutorials section.

old hand
old hand
Too bad people are jerks. I check the wiki here and there to check for updates, but haven't seen any new pages in some months. Perhaps when Larian starts supporting the engine more, people will become more enthusiastic again. I have hope based on what they talked about in the last blog and Kickstarter update, mentioning modding in each of them.

I'm considering making a video tutorial for editing the stats files which could link on the wiki, but I still don't really know quite enough about everything. I was working on a big mod and occasionally referred to the wiki, but that mod broke. I'm thinking about doing a small arena mod for level 20+ characters for some more postgame fun, and might benefit from info on the wiki for that.

I'm not sure how much your spending on the wiki, but thanks a bunch for doing that. Except for the scripting information, most of the information is from the forum or could be added to the forum easily. There's actually some really good information on there, like the AddSecret page for example, the more detailed things are just hard to find. And seeing all the commands at a glance is nice, but a lot of it could probably be put into massive forum posts. Wouldn't be the prettiest pages, but would function if you want to cut some costs.

I assume you could turn the wiki off for a month or two, and then turn it back on with all the information still on it? Maybe if Larian started taking more initiative to establish a modding community, the wiki could be revived.

Whatever decision you make will be understandable.

Last edited by Baardvark; 26/12/14 02:00 AM.
Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
When I try to go to the Create Account page, I get an error:
Permission Error

You do not have permission to create this user account, for the following reason:

The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Administrators.

I want to create and edit pages!

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I've migrated all of the original content over to wikia.com (specifically http://divinityengine.wikia.com) and I've updated divinityengine.net to point to the new wiki (and I plan to host the old one on a subdomain of sunjammer.co.uk in case anyone needs to reference their old user page or whatever).

At the moment the syntax highlighting is broken so I'm looking in to how I can add our language definition files but other than that it should be good to go. You just need to get over there, create yourself a wikia account (if you don't already have one) and start creating/editing/uploading!

EDIT: the original version is now available on wiki.sunjammer.co.uk though I haven't updated the config so it may be a little flaky for anything other than reading!

Last edited by Sunjammer; 23/03/15 11:44 PM.

Sunjammer
Code Monkey
Divinity Engine Wiki
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard