Print Thread
#557621 28/10/14 08:04 PM
M
Musaab Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Does anyone have any info regarding the next update/patch?

old hand
old hand
Raze (forum moderator) says there will almost definitely be a patch this week to address issues with OSX Yosemite. Whether this will be the patch with the new content (hardcore mode, new skills and rebalancing, wands, dual wielding, and perhaps throwing weapons), is yet to be seen.

enthusiast
enthusiast
hardcore mode, new skills and rebalancing, wands, dual wielding, and perhaps throwing weapons

woohoo!!!!

birthdayjump claphands horsey

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Just Yosemite is fine for me... Not able to play for a week now, snif frown

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by john carmack
hardcore mode, new skills and rebalancing, wands, dual wielding, and perhaps throwing weapons

woohoo!!!!

birthdayjump claphands horsey

Well, all of those are perhapses, really, though I think hardcore mode and dual wielding are pretty much guaranteed. I call it "hardcore mode" because one of the official modding documents names "hardcore mode," and seems to imply that certain enemies will spawn when this mode is active. This makes me think that you won't be able to switch to lower difficulties midgame, but I could be wrong on that. I also suspect throwing weapons because of another hint in the same document that the "throwing" skill (along with DW and wand use) is "not yet implemented." I don't know exactly what "throwing" implies; could mean throwing potions, or throwing axes and javelins, or perhaps you can throw your enemies, but my best guess is it's another weapon skill.

It has been a month and a half since the last update, so I would expect it to have quite a bit of content, but we'll see.

old hand
old hand
The next patch is incoming and contains around 150 fixes & improvements as well as a bunch of balancing changes. The hardcore mode & new skills are being worked on, but we decided to do this very thoroughly so it's going to take more time than expected. With each patch you'll find more and more hints in docs/data folders, but they'll only be activated when we're happy about all the additions.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Will the patch be released this week?

I understand and it is perfectly right that you that you want to do this very thoroughly - So, take your time smile

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Originally Posted by Lar_q
The next patch is incoming and contains around 150 fixes & improvements as well as a bunch of balancing changes. The hardcore mode & new skills are being worked on, but we decided to do this very thoroughly so it's going to take more time than expected. With each patch you'll find more and more hints in docs/data folders, but they'll only be activated when we're happy about all the additions.

before tonight? I planned a game tonight with a friend... (Belgian time!!)

old hand
old hand

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Yessss. your are the best.

Thanks

enthusiast
enthusiast
no fix for missing PowerStance Sound?
no dual wielding?