Next Thread
Print Thread
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Hi all,

I have this game for two weeks and just finished singleplayer and i want to play on multiplayer but there are nobody available anytime i try it...if somebody want to play please advise me if there is something wrong on my side or there are no players of this awesome game?

-
Support
Support

Unfortunately, there aren't usually a lot of people playing online. There is a multiplayer group, though.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Do non-steam players have this facility as well ?

I have the GOG.com version and to be honest playing with AI is boring as the computer opponent doesn't use the dragon and behaves in a very erratic way sometimes :)

I'm interested in strategy map + rts team vs team matchups (I'm not sure i understand the game fully to play 1v1 yet :))

Support
Support

I don't think there is a non-Steam multiplater group (there were efforts a couple times to get a dedicated VPN set up), but the Steam one doesn't discriminate, if they are still active. Steam and GOG versions can connect through LAN or Direct Connection.

B
stranger
stranger
B
This forum would be a good starting point I think smile. Correct me if I'm wrong: all machmaking and rooms over Internet are available only to Steam players and GOG.com versions of the came can see rooms only thorough the LAN?
Its quite sad that this game become dead in such short period of time...

Support
Support

There is Direct Connection, as well as LAN, in both the GOG and Steam versions.

B
stranger
stranger
B
It will be almost impossible to find anyone to play, but thanks anyway smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
There is indeed third party software to set up a vpn so you can play virtual LAN . Try Tunngle for example. I just checked and there's no difficulty joining a server dedicated to Original Sin.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Technology is not a problem. Finding the right people in the right time is a problem smile. Nobody does LAN parties anymore. Everybody is used to magic play button in games like Starcraft where you are matched with people near your skill and can play a game or two in a matter of seconds. This is a super important aspect to have your game alive and I know it because I'm developing two game servers for my company smile.

Last edited by bOdziO Wolf; 02/11/14 10:06 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Then perhaps you should follow the twitch stream coming tuesday, people'll have a chance to point out some issues. There have been many people before who simply don't know anyone to play with.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard