Page 1 of 2 1 2
#558263 10/11/14 12:50 AM
Z
Zachb34 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Z
Bloodletting + Lone Wolf + Leech + Zombie + Comeback Kid = you can't die ever.

How has this not been patched yet?

T
banned
banned
T
Originally Posted by Zachb34

How has this not been patched yet?

Even if they were patched, someone would still find some way to break them. Forget patching those skills to not work, just remove a few of them altogether and the problem gets solved.

Make no mistake, with the exception of Glass Cannon, it's not the skills individually that are the problem, it's the combination of them.

It's like the whole Glass Cannon bullshit. I outright refuse to play with anyone that uses the Glass Cannon skill at all because it just outright destroys/breaks the game.

Last edited by tx3000; 10/11/14 04:43 PM.
Z
Zachb34 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Z
Do the dev's even pay attention to this kind of stuff?

T
banned
banned
T
Do the dev's even pay attention to this kind of stuff?

The fact that Glass Cannon is still in the game, proves they don't.

Z
Zachb34 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Z
This is extremely dissapointing. If I had known he devs weren't even going to fix glaring game breaking problems like this, I never would have purchased the game.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
If choosing certain options makes the game too easy for you, and you don't like that, don't choose those options.

I mean seriously, how in the world does something like this escalate in importance in your POV that you consider it game breaking and regretting the purchase? That's like complaining that the developers added an "easy" difficulty level and it makes the game too easy because you can't stop yourself from choosing it.

Certainly balancing is important, and it wouldn't surprise me if they made some tweaks like making Zombie and Leech incompatible (or whatever), but it's not like they don't have more important thing to be fixing at the moment. Until then, perhaps you should try exercising some self control...

T
banned
banned
T
Vardis get lost, it's asinine how people like you constantly keep making excuse after excuse of just don't use it and totally ignoring the issue.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
And the issue is what, exactly? That you can min/max your character and pick certain traits, and that makes the game too easy? As I already said, that's a valid issue. It's not exactly a "how have they not fixed it" type of issue, though.

Consider the following ways to express your concern about that issue.

"Bloodletting + Lone Wolf + Leech + Zombie + Comeback Kid is unbalanced, and could use some tweaks."

"Bloodletting + Lone Wolf + Leech + Zombie + Comeback Kid is horribly, game breakingly broken. How has this not been fixed already!?! It completely ruins the game. I picked all these traits and the game became super easy! If this isn't fixed RIGHT NOW, the devs clearly don't care about the game, and I should never have bought it in the first place."

Do you see how one comment sounds like a reasonable person who has something productive to say, and the other sounds... well, not like a reasonable person with something productive to say?

T
banned
banned
T
Things that break the game DO NOT BELONG IN THE GAME. You full well know that's exactl what thsi topic is about and yet you continue trying to piss people off by saying stupid shit such as "Just don't use them" and then you actually have the balls to say to someone you pulled that shit with to chill out and trying to play victim. I don't play that game.

So if you're going be a fucking idiot towards me with dumb ass responses, then I'm going to come out and call you a fucking idiot there is no logic or calm rational approach when people pull this on forums.

So for the last time, Glass Cannon is something that needs to outright be removed the game completely BECAUSE IT BREAKS THE GAME. NOT USING IT IS NOT THE SAME THING AS REMOVING IT. ANYTHING THAT BREAKS A GAME DOES NOT BELONG IN A GAME AT ALL.

Last edited by tx3000; 10/11/14 05:52 PM.
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
"So for the last time, Glass Cannon is something that needs to outright be removed the game completely <blah blah blah>"

For the last time? Really? It's Christmas come early! :)

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by tx3000

...NOT USING IT IS NOT THE SAME THING AS REMOVING IT...

You're pretty dumb bro. You contradicted yourself with your own words.

If a skill is too good and you don't like it, don't use it. I don't see how the game is broken - mine plays just fine.

OP: How exactly does what you mention break the game? It is working as intended. It might be overpowered and need nerfed but are you saying you should of never bought the game because it isn't perfectly balanced? Have fun trying to find one of those perfectly balanced games.

IMO the issue other posters have with your statements is not about what you are saying but how you are saying it. You're coming across like someone with anger management issues that simply wants to vent, rather than have a real discussion about a real issue.

OT: I haven't used the combination you presented but if it does make one invincible then it certainly needs to be looked at, but after all the bugs are ironed out. Balancing should always be low priority on the fix list. Could be why glass canon has not been tweaked yet, they are simply busy with what most people would agree are more important changes. (Or they disagree with it being overpowered. I've never used it so can't comment there)

Last edited by Phalzyr; 10/11/14 06:20 PM.

Insanity Is Just A Matter Of Opinion
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T

Game is not broken. Just a bit easy for a gamers minority and that's just it. How somebody knowing that could still use combinations like the one mentioned is above my skill level ...

Regards,
Thorsten

Z
Zachb34 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Z
Isn't it obvious?
I didn't know that it was overpowered and was essentially the same thing as playing this game on god mode.

Now my game progress is ruined...
It's honestly a simple fix for these game breaking combinations, so the fact that the devs still haven't patched in a fix is ridiculous.

At the same time, I'm not using a single one of those skills and have not died since I was level 3... (except for my idiot path finding right into a lava pit or such other silly insta death things.) Just like I never used glass canon yet I'm...

Yes if glass canon and the combo you mentioned above was the ONLY balancing issues needing looked at I'm sure they could just go in quickly and alter them. I'm not a dev though so can't tell you were on there fix list the problem is or if it is, but I can tell you there are far more balance oriented issues that do need looked into and ones that effect all players not just those that select a certain skill set.

Have you reported that combo to their email as an exploit and why you think it is way OP?

Z
Zachb34 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Z
Originally Posted by Phalzyr
At the same time, I'm not using a single one of those skills and have not died since I was level 3... (except for my idiot path finding right into a lava pit or such other silly insta death things.) Just like I never used glass canon yet I'm...

Yes if glass canon and the combo you mentioned above was the ONLY balancing issues needing looked at I'm sure they could just go in quickly and alter them. I'm not a dev though so can't tell you were on there fix list the problem is or if it is, but I can tell you there are far more balance oriented issues that do need looked into and ones that effect all players not just those that select a certain skill set.

Have you reported that combo to their email as an exploit and why you think it is way OP?

Because if you cast blood letting on yourself, it keeps bleeding UNTIL it creates a pool of blood. But Leech absorbs it preventing that until you hit full health... so essentially you get full healed EVERY turn...

It's game breaking, and that's not even factoring in the other overpowered ones...

Thank you for clarifying the issue.

I feel somewhat godly as is without those skills (avoided lone wolf on purpose because of forums mentioning it being OP) can't imagine what it'd be like with them.

T
banned
banned
T
Originally Posted by Phalzyr
Thank you for clarifying the issue.

I feel somewhat godly as is without those skills (avoided lone wolf on purpose because of forums mentioning it being OP) can't imagine what it'd be like with them.

Lone Wolf itself is not OP. It's when it's used with Glass Cannon is when the game becomes ridiculous.

Last edited by tx3000; 11/11/14 12:45 AM.
Z
Zachb34 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Z
What other combinations break the game besides Lone Wolf + Glass Cannon and "Bloodletting + Lone Wolf + Leech + Zombie + Comeback Kid"?

veteran
veteran
Because if you cast blood letting on yourself, it keeps bleeding UNTIL it creates a pool of blood. But Leech absorbs it preventing that until you hit full health... so essentially you get full healed EVERY turn...

It's game breaking, and that's not even factoring in the other overpowered ones...

You can't cast Bloodletting on yourself, only on others.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard